Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babyQ

Cost Of Two Toilets

I added up the costs of renovating and outfitting my two toilets. I almost fell off my chair...

1. Hacking and wet works $3,110 (not including tiles!)

2. Toilet windows, shower screens and doors $1,840

3. Plumbing Works $1,270

4. Fittings $1,726

5. Tiles $?? (SBH billed my contractor, he is supposed to collect from me)

6. Sanitary ware $1726

Guess how much...

$7,946 (not including tiles! which will be easily $1+++ K???)

Total maybe $10K???

$5K on one toilet...

Faintz.........................

But I remember reading one forummer put it, the toilet is something everyone in the family uses day in day out, more than one time a day, everyday in your lives and it is going to last you the next 10-20 years. So just divide and if you count like that, ok, the amount spent is entirely justifiable.

Thank God for renotalk.com! :bow:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I added up the costs of renovating and outfitting my two toilets. I almost fell off my chair...

1. Hacking and wet works $3,110 (not including tiles!)

2. Toilet windows, shower screens and doors $1,840

3. Plumbing Works $1,270

4. Fittings $1,726

5. Tiles $?? (SBH billed my contractor, he is supposed to collect from me)

6. Sanitary ware $1726

Guess how much...

$7,946 (not including tiles! which will be easily $1+++ K???)

Total maybe $10K???

$5K on one toilet...

Faintz.........................

But I remember reading one forummer put it, the toilet is something everyone in the family uses day in day out, more than one time a day, everyday in your lives and it is going to last you the next 10-20 years. So just divide and if you count like that, ok, the amount spent is entirely justifiable.

Thank God for renotalk.com! :notti:

you choose all the good good material izit? :dunno:

average is around $3k only for 1 toilet...

you choose all the good good material izit? :dunno:

average is around $3k only for 1 toilet...

no leh... my toilet fittings all normal ones also except for one splurge on Hansgrohe bundle package for the MBR toilet <$500

1st shop: HomePlue

Hansgrohe bundle (Focus S two mixers and Raindance shower set) $489.00

CB 1104 Basin Mixer c/w bracket, UPVC bottle trap and pop-up waste $170.00

Wall bracket $11.00

Pozzi Kris 8602 Sink Tap $60.00

7% GST $781.10

Joven 25 litres JH25 $240.00

Joven EC602 $125.00

Total $1,146.10

2nd shop: Chuan Heng

MaClaire 5 1/2" Pedestal Pan & Water Cistern c/w slow seat cover c/w 4" offset pan collar $320.00

TR-4050G Basin $170.00

1 1/4" PVC bottle trap $2.00

1 1/4" Pop-up waste $8.00

Lubben 2103-T Lever Basin tap $42.00

Subtotal $542.00

Add 7% GST Total $579.94

Sanitary ware Total $1,726.04

Toilet windows, shower screen and doors $1,840

the toilet door is bi-fold Besglas Ezi, $240 x 2

Austscreen shower screen, $480 each x 2

adjustable louvre windows $200 x 2

Plumbing Works $1,270

i was careful to choose only the $2 something tiles from SBH, even then contractor haven't bill me for it yet.

i think it's the hacking and wet works that push up the costs? $3,110

contractor did say renovate old flat costs a lot more than new flats. dunno how true lah... but there was a lot of hacking involved for my place.

got compare price with other contractors or not???

plus your stuffs are expensive lah....

my toielt bowl only $130!:)

your simi grohe can buy 3 of my toiletbowl liao ;)

no leh... my toilet fittings all normal ones also except for one splurge on Hansgrohe bundle package for the MBR toilet <$500

1st shop: HomePlue

Hansgrohe bundle (Focus S two mixers and Raindance shower set) $489.00

CB 1104 Basin Mixer c/w bracket, UPVC bottle trap and pop-up waste $170.00

Wall bracket $11.00

Pozzi Kris 8602 Sink Tap $60.00

7% GST $781.10

Joven 25 litres JH25 $240.00

Joven EC602 $125.00

Total $1,146.10

2nd shop: Chuan Heng

MaClaire 5 1/2" Pedestal Pan & Water Cistern c/w slow seat cover c/w 4" offset pan collar $320.00

TR-4050G Basin $170.00

1 1/4" PVC bottle trap $2.00

1 1/4" Pop-up waste $8.00

Lubben 2103-T Lever Basin tap $42.00

Subtotal $542.00

Add 7% GST Total $579.94

Sanitary ware Total $1,726.04

Toilet windows, shower screen and doors $1,840

the toilet door is bi-fold Besglas Ezi, $240 x 2

Austscreen shower screen, $480 each x 2

adjustable louvre windows $200 x 2

Plumbing Works $1,270

i was careful to choose only the $2 something tiles from SBH, even then contractor haven't bill me for it yet.

i think it's the hacking and wet works that push up the costs? $3,110

contractor did say renovate old flat costs a lot more than new flats. dunno how true lah... but there was a lot of hacking involved for my place.

Yes, doing resale flat is slight more than the new one, but mainly for dry area. Whether new or old toilet still require to hack, so don't see the diff, unless you are doing overlaying. On Average is about $3K per toilet, (Wall Tiles incl tiles abt $1.5K, Floor w/waterproofing $0.5K, bi-fold door $200, hacking $300, plumbing & install WC, basin, accesories shld not more than $0.5K) Your plumbing is $1,270? Tot mostly contractor charge not more than $700 for 2 toilet + Kitchen? Wow, at that cost, your toilet must look very nice liao. Must post photo for us to see leh

Yes, doing resale flat is slight more than the new one, but mainly for dry area. Whether new or old toilet still require to hack, so don't see the diff, unless you are doing overlaying. On Average is about $3K per toilet, (Wall Tiles incl tiles abt $1.5K, Floor w/waterproofing $0.5K, bi-fold door $200, hacking $300, plumbing & install WC, basin, accesories shld not more than $0.5K) Your plumbing is $1,270? Tot mostly contractor charge not more than $700 for 2 toilet + Kitchen? Wow, at that cost, your toilet must look very nice liao. Must post photo for us to see leh

plumbing $700 includes toilets and kitchen?? all size flat all same? wahhh... i think my contractor mark up everything everywhere! ;)

i never even do my kitchen to save $. a bit regret initially but tell myself that money can go to other things for the children. so don't need to live with regrets!

my toilet is as normal as can be, nothing concealed all exposed pipes. will post pix when it's ready.

got compare price with other contractors or not???

plus your stuffs are expensive lah....

my toielt bowl only $130!:D

your simi grohe can buy 3 of my toiletbowl liao :unsure:

hahaha... my simi grohe is our only small indulgence lor!

MaCe, you are really very good at hunting and sharing good lobangs! i benefit a lot from reading all your posts! i start from looking at super $$$$ WC at SSC to shopping at Jalan Besar finally!

my sanitary ware chop chop buy in 3+ hours on first day and 1+ hour on second day. no luxury of time to hunt or find warehouse sales, bo pian!

as for my contractor ah... he mark up everything everywhere lor! my final reno with him should be <$20K, his initial quote is almost $40K i think he also :good: to get me as customer. cut cut cut!

woa... its a little steep...

:D

hope you have more time to do research on contractors before you start reno so you can stretch your $ further. for my case, i chop chop start reno and go with this contractor coz got time constraint. i know they can deliver, so i reckon the extra mark-up i am paying is a guarantee i can get my flat back after 6 weeks.

babyQ, you confirmed your contractor liao??? quite cutthroat hor - your water pipes using PURE SILVER or PURE GOLD? - didnt notice it unitl bullet mention.

babyQ, you confirmed your contractor liao??? quite cutthroat hor - your water pipes using PURE SILVER or PURE GOLD? - didnt notice it unitl bullet mention.

haiz... too late liao. :(

actually i did compare 3 quotes before deciding on this contractor. he was definitely not the cheapest but i know he can hand over my place within the timeframe i gave him (we have to move out to renovate, so i gotta pay rental elsewhere) so i still engage him. two other friends' home done by him, so i know the workmanship will pass so long as i go supervise everyday.

i did make noise about the higher costs for his plumbing, install WC, basic, etc. each item $20 more, 10 items will be $200 more. in the end, he gave me a $200 discount off the total bill. i thought ok, settle, don't push too hard.

now i realize i am still paying him more than market rate. some more he had wanted to charge me extra for running one hot pipe for basin coz i got the basin tap mixer in the simi grohe package. this morning i told him, my reno forummers told me your plumbing **** costly liao you still want to charge me extra for that one extra hot pipe ah? he keep quiet already lor. let's see how the final bill turns out.

i already chop a lot of items from him coz i know his mark up a lot. but certain things still let him do coz of the coordination involved like box-up/electrical. don't want him to tai chi say i use my own contractor then kena road block not his pasal. :jawdrop:

babyQ, guess your quote is still alright.. I'm considering hacking and re-laying my 2 toilets (renovating whole house also), and my ID quoted $6.4k for 2 toilets.

$6.4k only includes hacking, waterproofing, tiling for wall and floor, and plumbing works to remove and put back the existing bathroom fixtures provided by HDB (taps, sinks and toilet bowls).. Pipings are concealed so no re-piping needed. Doing the shower screen and vanity cupboard+mirror cost another $1.9k !!

Some consolation for you ya.. haahaa.. but i must say this, my ID has good workmanship and use good materials, thus the high price..

babyQ, guess your quote is still alright.. I'm considering hacking and re-laying my 2 toilets (renovating whole house also), and my ID quoted $6.4k for 2 toilets.

$6.4k only includes hacking, waterproofing, tiling for wall and floor, and plumbing works to remove and put back the existing bathroom fixtures provided by HDB (taps, sinks and toilet bowls).. Pipings are concealed so no re-piping needed. Doing the shower screen and vanity cupboard+mirror cost another $1.9k :D

Some consolation for you ya.. haahaa.. but i must say this, my ID has good workmanship and use good materials, thus the high price..

Just want to give my little opinion, maybe i am not as rich as u ppl.........so i can give only poor opinion. I got my clementi new flat, i also hate my toilet very much....haha. then thinking to ask the contractor hack this hack that...........when my contractor show me the quotation........i almost want to hack him........haha...............i at first want to hack or relay the toilet wall and floor tiles.......the price really not worth it plus it will affect the water proofing also..........then i give up the idea.... when i give up the idea, another idea come up............i check slowly my hdb toilet see got any defect, if got, maybe hdb maybe even change for free, haha......also the hdb toilet also not so big........do so nice also cannot stay too long...........but one thing is feel should spent on toilet is the sink tap and the shower tap........it give yr toilet a better feeling..........just my 2 cents worth of advice...........

Just want to give my little opinion, maybe i am not as rich as u ppl.........so i can give only poor opinion. I got my clementi new flat, i also hate my toilet very much....haha. then thinking to ask the contractor hack this hack that...........when my contractor show me the quotation........i almost want to hack him........haha...............i at first want to hack or relay the toilet wall and floor tiles.......the price really not worth it plus it will affect the water proofing also..........then i give up the idea.... when i give up the idea, another idea come up............i check slowly my hdb toilet see got any defect, if got, maybe hdb maybe even change for free, haha......also the hdb toilet also not so big........do so nice also cannot stay too long...........but one thing is feel should spent on toilet is the sink tap and the shower tap........it give yr toilet a better feeling..........just my 2 cents worth of advice...........

Thanks for the tips ya.. The ultimate reasons why we considered hacking toilets are: 1) get a more prefered color/design 2) change to homogenous tiles instead of ceramic. Just decided that we are not doing anything to the toilets.. Give in to the reality - $$$. Not even going to change the sink/taps.. Use the HDB ones for the time being until spoiled then change..