Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hwdq

Looking For Ideas For Planters

Hi, my apartment's planters are long n narrow, would you share with me what you have done with your planters, to make it better utilized, nice and homy?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hwdq

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U mean planter box provided by the developer?

Are they easily accessible or need to stretch out of window? Is sunken below the floor or raised?

So far. what I see.. really depends on accessibility and the amt of sun.

My apologies for tabbing on this thread...

Anyone any idea where to obtain/buy wheat grass? How much? I would like to plant them in my kitchen. Tips are welcome too.

Edited by aiai446

U mean planter box provided by the developer?

Are they easily accessible or need to stretch out of window? Is sunken below the floor or raised?

So far. what I see.. really depends on accessibility and the amt of sun.

Hi, the planter are like balcony but a lot narrower. The floor is sunkened in type. I was thinking of putting wooden flooring and some nice stones with plants. Not sure whether it will look good or not....

Floor planter box can use wooden strips to cover up as u have mentioned, to extend the floor area.

Alternatively.. put potted plants inside, and then top off with those brown colour expanded clay balls. Whatever u do, do not simply pour soil into planter box, as that will increase the risk of unsightly wet stains. Use as large pots as will fit into the gap.

Floor planter box can use wooden strips to cover up as u have mentioned, to extend the floor area.

Alternatively.. put potted plants inside, and then top off with those brown colour expanded clay balls. Whatever u do, do not simply pour soil into planter box, as that will increase the risk of unsightly wet stains. Use as large pots as will fit into the gap.

I'm thinking of doing the wooden strips/ planks at my planter to extend floor area and create a small "balcony" effect.

But my planter is pretty wide, about 80cm, not sure how much wooden strips would cost ? Any other alternative, such as using metal plates ?

Hi Yoong,

Did you do yours this way? you have any pics to show?