Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AnnaLibert

Better Lighting and Space

Recommended Posts

One room in our house barely gets natural light, and we’ve always treated it as a storage area. I’m thinking about turning it into a reading and relaxation space instead. Lighting, colors, furniture placement and storage all seem important, but I’m not sure where to begin. Any recommendations for learning how proper interior design contributes to a higher quality of life?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We had a similar room that became a dumping ground because it felt dark and uninviting. I cleared it out, painted the walls a warm pale shade, added two adjustable lamps, and placed a comfortable chair near the brightest corner. A small basket kept books and blankets under control. It quickly became my favorite place to read. While exploring how surroundings affect wellbeing, I found this Shirin Amin interesting. It’s a useful starting point before choosing colors or furniture.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×