Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Recommended Posts

I’m considering spray insulating the sill areas between the floor joists. I had watched a YouTube vid and it looked simple enough. Was looking at the DAP product for this.
I was wondering if anyone here has done this, and was there any issues with fumes? And should I wait until warmer weather to tackle this, when ventilation will be less of an issue. Any constructive input welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Mike in Maine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your plan for ventilating and using a respirator is right. Froth paks can be frustrating when they clog, so having extra space ready helps. If you later decide to insulate the attic too, I found a handy online calculator that answers how many bags of blown in insulation do I need without guesswork. It sized my job perfectly, including settled depth and bags.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×