Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I thought i should drop a compliment for my ID, Derrick Teo of Unimax. A couple of weeks ago, my shower screen seemed to be very creaky and much to my horror, the hinge was cracking.

I called Derrick and told him it seemed kinda dangerous. He immediately sent someone over to my place the next day, I was still sleepy and wasnt expecting it. They fix the trouble by replacing the hinge.

If after-sales service is your number 1 priority, then you should consider Derrick's service.

zooYork

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I thought i should drop a compliment for my ID, Derrick Teo of Unimax. A couple of weeks ago, my shower screen seemed to be very creaky and much to my horror, the hinge was cracking.

I called Derrick and told him it seemed kinda dangerous. He immediately sent someone over to my place the next day, I was still sleepy and wasnt expecting it. They fix the trouble by replacing the hinge.

If after-sales service is your number 1 priority, then you should consider Derrick's service.

zooYork

Hi zooyork,

Just visited your blog... really like the decor of your house, nicely done up.

Unimax is one of my shortlist ID. So far, how do you find their overall services? Do they have a lot of hiden costs not shown on the quotation?

Cheers

Ivy

hihi

Unimax is also doing my 4 room resale at tampines too. so far, so good lah. been a bit slow, only one guy to do the tiling of my kitchen and two toilets, but his workmanship is good.

we started out wanting to do the kitchen and two toilets, then only the two toilets and laminated flooring and painting, then suddenly become kitchen, two toilets, laminated living rm floor and painting.

we had a small problem when the tiler laid my kitchen floor tiles wrongly...insisted on hacking but my ID refused, saying it's too expensive (he has to bear the costs), take too long etc and said he will overlay. I was quite upset also lah, i felt it was a bit unreasonable for him to give such reasons for not wanting to hack..it's not my fault what. and overlaying is considered a more inferior option than hacking. everyone around me said to just leave it as it is but i die-die wanted my kitchen floor. so no choice..hv to just opt for overlay and hope nothing goes wrong. coincidentally the HDB TO was checking on my flat because of a leaking MBR toilet ceiling, and i asked her opinion. she told me overlay is ok if the first layer is still sound, but because my first layer was still so fresh (1 day old), she had to check with her engineers if it was ok.

that was problem #1...problem #2 was with the electrician..my ID's guy quoted 1.9K to do wiring, and my dad felt it was too expensive, so he went out and looked for his own guy. he found one to do re-wiring for 2.3K, so we went with him. but my ID really not happy. tried to find fault with our electrician..saying how they will delay the work (they finished the rewiring in 1 day) and something about illegal concealed wiring (no, it wasn't concealed). during the re-wiring process the electrician made some holes in the existing cornices and my ID flat out refused to help to patch up the holes. almost argued with my dad about this.

before the tiling and electrician fracas, my ID very good..always check up every other day, then will call to update me on the progress every day. but after the incidents..then like very 'cold'. now slowly-slowly warming up again.

also my ID took us to his 'lobang' at balestier to buy lights. spent close to 1.2K on lights for my flat, excl. downlights which i got from my auntie. the lights don't include installation, so the electrician charged me for it.

Unimax's look is very urban, which actually was not the look i was going for but i was too pregnant to go find another coy. lol. but i think they have been good so far.

my total bill is 23.5K for the renovations alone. got a lot of extra here and there..

Hi!

I too have signed up with Unimax but we are buying most of the accessories on our own

from our own scouting and shopping trips.

One reason being our ID always seems in a hurry and too busy to even think.

At times I wonder if he remembers what he is doing - where - as he seems to be

handling at least a couple of other BIgger projects!!

He is very punctual though and I too want my reno to be completed in schedule

so I think that aim will be achieved thro Unimax. Very meticulous and attention to detail.

The rest ...hiccups and hangups ... will be sure to come once the hacking starts in 2 days.

I am totally hacking the 2 toilets and overlaying kitchen + wardrobes in 3 rooms + bookshelf in

study and kitchen cabinets ... reno coming up to 27,000 ++

Not including accessories lights, hood, hob., etc.

Sigh!! Deep hole in my pocket!!

Hi gumbokins!

If u dont mind can tell which area is ur house located.

Mine is in east.

Size of ur house and ur quotation ..can PM me...

I know my hb will tell me more info will make me "think"

unnecessarily mah.. but can t help it keponess in my genes :]