Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hunter

Is It True That Large Piece Of Plywood Would Bend

Hi guys! Would like to check if its normal for large piece of plywod to bend. Recently i had my house renovated and i had my bomb shelter covered with a build in door. However, after the door is installed, it cannot be fully closed. as in the entire door is bent. so from the side, you would see some part of the door sticking out of the wall. does anyone of you facing this trouble too? :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Photos would be useful to understand more clearly.

In general, plywood shouldn't bend alot (of course all wooden panels will bend) because its a combination of three (or more) pieces with their grains on opposite directions.

Wood will usually bend in-line with their grains, so the playwood would bend only if they stick the pieces of wood together with all grains in the same direction.

Edited by zirhk3355

Yes, for long panel, they will wrap, but this will only happen after some usage,

especially long panel whose handle is not in the centre, due to constant pull on 1 side.

Sometimes, oanel will also bulge in the middle, due to too mucch clothing in the middle of closet.

However, if door is slanth or not closed properly, try to adjust the hinge.

There are 2 screws in each hinge, try getting the alignment right.