Sign in to follow this  
gohkm

Chinese Rosewood Screen

do you have the address, should be on the invoice

i dun know where is justanthony :dribble:

honestly, i find nokia phones' value drop way too fast

can you imagine you buy the phone now, think next year got no resale value liao

but the screen you can sell probably at 50% discount 20yrs down the road

or maybe wood prices increased so much you can actually make a profit out of it :sport-smiley-003::dribble:

I will give u the address tomolo cos me now on my mom's place. btw, I think mace knows justanthony very well, he says he lives very near to it. Justanthony is behind lorong ah soo. Can take mrt to kovan then take bus 80, about 3 stops can reach. After bus 80 turn left into paya lebar can drop off already.

I think rosewood the older it is, the more valuable it becomes. I was at the shop, i saw the boss with 1 worker doing some re-lacquering on 1 rosewood dining set. I ask theboss wats the charges for refurnishing, they say it charge $1600 and the new similar set will cost $3000++. Then i think this dining set owner rather pay for refurnishing then to buy a new set becos a new set cost so much. Its unlike laptop, u rather buy new one then send the old ones for repair after the warranty expires. becos the repair price of a laptop can match the price of a new set....... :sport-smiley-003:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ya...old rosewood furnitures, material all comes from hainan/sichuan/china....very heavy and solid.

now new ones almost all using indonesian wood...haiz knock knock heard the hollow sound heart already sink.

ya...old rosewood furnitures, material all comes from hainan/sichuan/china....very heavy and solid.

now new ones almost all using indonesian wood...haiz knock knock heard the hollow sound heart already sink.

Ya true............the boss told me the wood from hainan, then ship to shanghai for furnishing then send to zhejiang for lacquering...............those new ones(i tink make of fur or camphone wood), look very nice and they are easier to fabricate but when u knock got hear echo, sian liao. Plus its so light, i can lift up easily, i also sian...........

very happy to make friends with both Applefreak and Mace. :sport-smiley-003: I think i live near to applefreak cos currenlty i live at punggol central. But i am shifting to clementi at december.

btw, Me now going to soon bee huat(Jurong East) to choose my new home tiles with my wife. Sian, thats how my 2 days off got burn away, haha. See u guys........

Ya true............the boss told me the wood from hainan, then ship to shanghai for furnishing then send to zhejiang for lacquering...............those new ones(i tink make of fur or camphone wood), look very nice and they are easier to fabricate but when u knock got hear echo, sian liao. Plus its so light, i can lift up easily, i also sian...........

very happy to make friends with both Applefreak and Mace. :bleah: I think i live near to applefreak cos currenlty i live at punggol central. But i am shifting to clementi at december.

btw, Me now going to soon bee huat(Jurong East) to choose my new home tiles with my wife. Sian, thats how my 2 days off got burn away, haha. See u guys........

cya around man....maybe you wanna join the 27oct meetup???

applefreak ok or not huh?

if your home pigeon hole, then my home ant hole

21.gif21.gif21.gif

wah you say until dat huh..me jump yellow river also cannot wash clean clean 24.gif

me okay with everyone joining us

now me lost count liao leh

think will ask for final head count over at my t-blog

interested parties please register yourself there :sport-smiley-004:

anyone can pm me the address of the rosewood shop near justanthony?

Edited by applefreak

me okay with everyone joining us

now me lost count liao leh

think will ask for final head count over at my t-blog

interested parties please register yourself there :P

anyone can pm me the address of the rosewood shop near justanthony?

The World Rosewood Furniture Centre (S) Pte Ltd

400 Up Paya Lebar Rd Singapore 534987

Tel : 6285-5710

Fax : 6285-5713

that sounds like me

hi skweerel, care to share how much and where you got your bookcase?

me still hunting for them. think will check out Samtat

hi gohkm, i always find that it's good to compare a few places

some places to check out is Oriental Handicraft as Henderson industrial park (near scanteak), SIngapore Handicraft at Eunos, Gnee Hong at bencoolen (until end of the month) and the place skweerel mentioned. i'm gonna check out that place too !! !!

hi apple,

Sorry for late reply, the bookcase was actually from macau, bought it about 7 years ago .... if i remember correctly it cost 1.2k plus delivery. nice thing about it is the middle row has drawers. BTW I was at Lim's Holland V last weekend, the place having a big sale ... but still dam ex, not worth it. :P

thanks MaCe for the address

will check them out this sat

ya i saw the lim's art sale

nothing to shout about and worse, the cabinets are so expensive

but the material is inferior to me

went down to SHC again today coz thinking of getting the open bookcase

so far they are the cheapest at $800 for a 72" x 36" x 13" HWD

anybody got recommendation for bookcase?

Edited by applefreak