Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gumbokins

Installing Instant Water Heaters

was at loggerheads with my ID over the installation of the water heaters. whatever happened to 'customer is king'? think i've been toooo nice to him liao.

anyways, rgding the installation of the water heaters, i noticed that the ones at my parents' house has a small box along the wiring leading to the heater. don't know the name or function, possibly to prevent short circuiting? is it necc. to install the thingymajiggy?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
was at loggerheads with my ID over the installation of the water heaters. whatever happened to 'customer is king'? think i've been toooo nice to him liao.

anyways, rgding the installation of the water heaters, i noticed that the ones at my parents' house has a small box along the wiring leading to the heater. don't know the name or function, possibly to prevent short circuiting? is it necc. to install the thingymajiggy?

Hi Gumbokins!

Been able to meet up with our elusive ID?

Plumbing works next on line in my house,

He sub-contract the work to me and go on vacation!! :dancingqueen:

Osso the painting works starting on Monday...

everything he agree on before we sign on the dotted line

has now become "DIFFICULT LIAOW"

"CAN MEH?" "GOT LIKE THAT ONE AH?"

"I never say mah...." "CAN!! BUT u must top-up lor..."

All these are becoming more common.

If me I give up fight for every nail and say just go lor...but

luckily my hb not the type to surrender so we are managing

to get things done....

Hi Gumbokins!

He sub-contract the work to me and go on vacation!! ;)

to get things done....

hihi lakmy

YES tell ur hubby to go hard on him!! my works is about 90% completed, just some touch ups and final things to do. but we still have 50% of the payment so if he want to 'absent' himself, then oklor. *shrugs*

fingers crossed that everything else goes fine for you!

Hi Gumbokins!

He sub-contract the work to me and go on vacation!! !!

to get things done....

hold your final payment. !!

What is the problem? That he doesn't want to install the heater? Or that he wants to install that thing and you don't want?

What is the problem? That he doesn't want to install the heater? Or that he wants to install that thing and you don't want?

his plumber was supposed to install the water heater, but the wiring was done by my electrician. so i thought that ok, my electrician has run the wires into the toilets, now all his plumber has to do is to install the heaters. when i SMS-ed him to do it, he told me that he can't because my electrician did not install whatever that small little box thingamajig is and started blaming them for doing a shoddy job bla bla bla.

what made me really unhappy was he never mentioned anything about the thingamajig to me, and suka-suka just shift the blame on the electrician and basically used that as an excuse to delay the work.

anyways, i wanted to know if that thingamajig is neccessary and what it was for. because of this i 'cold war' with my ID.

his plumber was supposed to install the water heater, but the wiring was done by my electrician. so i thought that ok, my electrician has run the wires into the toilets, now all his plumber has to do is to install the heaters. when i SMS-ed him to do it, he told me that he can't because my electrician did not install whatever that small little box thingamajig is and started blaming them for doing a shoddy job bla bla bla.

what made me really unhappy was he never mentioned anything about the thingamajig to me, and suka-suka just shift the blame on the electrician and basically used that as an excuse to delay the work.

anyways, i wanted to know if that thingamajig is neccessary and what it was for. because of this i 'cold war' with my ID.

Well, it's your problem then, isn't it? The traditional finger pointing, which happens because you brought in your own electrician.

Well, it's your problem then, isn't it? The traditional finger pointing, which happens because you brought in your own electrician.

*rolls eyes*

i called the electrician, he sent his guys down straightaway and they fixed everything up for me. no questions, no finger pointing, no problems. zip, zilch, nada. so i have hot water showers now.

if i can find an electrician who does more for cheaper than my ID's, then why i cannot bring in my own guy. it was never stipulated on the reno contract that i MUST use his contact. and the electrician did not give me any problems at all. can't say the same for the rest of the reno.

nobody still knows that the thingymajig is for?