Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gnd

Help! Water Seeping Through The Wall

Our previous owner had tiles on the wall of the balcony. We hacked away the tiles and did plastering. When it rains, the water seep in from the outer wall of the hdb building. Water patches formed all over the wall and our friend whose doing the floor tiling for us told us that this problem should be solved before plastering... !!

Anyone had the same problem or any advise on what to do now?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

THanks for the advise, will try to call the town council but I really doubt they will do anything about it...... Headache :yamseng:

No, it's weird. I've never heard of walls needing waterproofing. Toilet floors, yes. But not exterior walls. I guess it's because water is supposed to roll off the wall, whereas on the floor, it can stay there and seep through the floor.

No, it's weird. I've never heard of walls needing waterproofing. Toilet floors, yes. But not exterior walls. I guess it's because water is supposed to roll off the wall, whereas on the floor, it can stay there and seep through the floor.

yes it does happen on walls - me kena before, wall was WET can even see the water lines, got hdb to grouting. her case most likely got a pool of water collecting somewhere above her unit, when water cannot find it's way thru the ceiling or thru sewage pipe, it will look for other ways - down the wall.

when she engage those grouting professionals, they will do a check - most probably should be the ceiling, if not then the only place they can do is the wall liao.

how old is your flat huh??? maybe due to 'old age'??

try calling town council and tell them this problem.. insist them to come down and see... since this involves the outer walls of the HDB Flat, maybe they would ask their contractors to do sth for you... :dancingqueen:

yes it does happen on walls - me kena before, wall was WET can even see the water lines, got hdb to grouting. her case most likely got a pool of water collecting somewhere above her unit, when water cannot find it's way thru the ceiling or thru sewage pipe, it will look for other ways - down the wall.

when she engage those grouting professionals, they will do a check - most probably should be the ceiling, if not then the only place they can do is the wall liao.

Actually my problem lies in the wall. I can see the crack on the outer wall when I look out under the windows. The water seep in whenever it rains. So it is almost confirm that its the crack on the wall that is causing the problem.

May I know what is grouting? You get hdb to do it? Not the town council ah? How long do they take to respond and rectify your problems? Dont need to pay them anything?

how old is your flat huh??? maybe due to 'old age'??

try calling town council and tell them this problem.. insist them to come down and see... since this involves the outer walls of the HDB Flat, maybe they would ask their contractors to do sth for you... !!

Pardon my ignorance, renovation really sound like mars to me. What is sth?

Pardon my ignorance, renovation really sound like mars to me. What is sth?

sth is short form for something... just check with your town council first... !!

Update to my poor seeping wall condition...

Called town council, ask us to call HDB. Call HDB they ask us to call Town Council. Y gov ppl also like to take up Taiji for their exercise program. :sport-smiley-018:

This say 3 working days to look into the problem, that say 3 working days, in the end become 365days to look into the problem??? :good:

We want to solve the problem before painting but seems it took forever for them to come. In the end, our friend help us apply something called W1 on the outer wall after painting the inner wall. Hopefully the water dont seep in again :wub:

Update to my poor seeping wall condition...

Called town council, ask us to call HDB. Call HDB they ask us to call Town Council. Y gov ppl also like to take up Taiji for their exercise program. :wub:

This say 3 working days to look into the problem, that say 3 working days, in the end become 365days to look into the problem??? :wub:

We want to solve the problem before painting but seems it took forever for them to come. In the end, our friend help us apply something called W1 on the outer wall after painting the inner wall. Hopefully the water dont seep in again :D

W1 is waterproofing. Was the crack sealed up? Hope your walls won't have water seeping through again.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

W1 is waterproofing. Was the crack sealed up? Hope your walls won't have water seeping through again.

I see. The cracks are sealed up with the mud-like W1. Now we have to wait for the rain to come before we know whether the water will seep in or not. Thanks for the console, hopefully this method will work. :)

Guest sugarmeg

My relative hse seem to have the same prob also. but hers is kitchen wall tiles which seem to pop out. a friend said it was due to water seeping. Anyone have any idea wat could had caused the problem?