Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gnd

Help! Water Seeping Through The Wall

Actually my problem lies in the wall. I can see the crack on the outer wall when I look out under the windows. The water seep in whenever it rains. So it is almost confirm that its the crack on the wall that is causing the problem.

May I know what is grouting? You get hdb to do it? Not the town council ah? How long do they take to respond and rectify your problems? Dont need to pay them anything?

less than 3 day...but overall took weeks. bought from hdb so, covered by hdb warranty. free.

My relative hse seem to have the same prob also. but hers is kitchen wall tiles which seem to pop out. a friend said it was due to water seeping. Anyone have any idea wat could had caused the problem?

wall tiles pop out can be due to lots of reasons...wall tiling not done properly, water seepage, overlaying,...bla bla bla..

I see. The cracks are sealed up with the mud-like W1. Now we have to wait for the rain to come before we know whether the water will seep in or not. Thanks for the console, hopefully this method will work. :bangwall:

any mould so far? usually this mould problem will follow....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
less than 3 day...but overall took weeks. bought from hdb so, covered by hdb warranty. free.

wall tiles pop out can be due to lots of reasons...wall tiling not done properly, water seepage, overlaying,...bla bla bla..

any mould so far? usually this mould problem will follow....

The W1 method works well so far, no more water seeping. No mould so far, how come mould problem will follow leh?

Now we are waiting for the town council to send ppl down to paint the outer wall cos you can see the ugly W1 mud patches when you are downstairs gazing up my house.

Town council really take years to solve the problem, we already almost done with the reno and moving in next week and their staff still have not contacted us for appointment to rectify the problem :dunno:

Help help, I also have similar problem.

Last night we brought an ID to view our house, the ID spotted a ceiling leakage at the master bedroom. The leakage is not near the toilet. He suspect that the leakage could be from outside as the other side is the external wall of the building, plus yesterday was raining for the whole day.

For such case, I should report to town council right? However, our resale transaction will only be completed at end of this month, should I report it now or after the resale transaction completes? If I report now, will it cause any delay in the resale transaction? Can anyone advice on this? Thanks.

Celest

Help help, I also have similar problem.

Last night we brought an ID to view our house, the ID spotted a ceiling leakage at the master bedroom. The leakage is not near the toilet. He suspect that the leakage could be from outside as the other side is the external wall of the building, plus yesterday was raining for the whole day.

For such case, I should report to town council right? However, our resale transaction will only be completed at end of this month, should I report it now or after the resale transaction completes? If I report now, will it cause any delay in the resale transaction? Can anyone advice on this? Thanks.

Celest

eh they may not enteratin u cos u not the owner. u can call HDB to check. HDB is responsible for all structures of the building, should go to HDB, but make sure u call the branch HDB. before the transaction is complete, make sure u pen down the defective structure area with the HDB officer. have it fixed fast before ur reno or it might pose as a problem if ur reno completed to fast.

Edited by nobrain1