Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yingsan

How To File Claim Against Renovation Firm?

Hi guys, i need ur help here.. i wanted to file a claim against one of the ID firm that i had engaged previously but utimately did not sign up with them..

we had placed a deposit of $1k juz to get the 3D design and quotation.. but after liasing with the ID, she handed over to her colleague whom we are not very comfortable with. so in the end we decided not to engage them.

In our appointment letter, it states that the $1k can be exchange with items.. but now it seems like the company has closed down coz they are no longer at their current address!! we tried to call the ID and she told us they had shifted but my hubby forgot to ask her the new address :bangwall: then after a few weeks she still did not get back to us on the items that we wanted to exchange. so hubby call her again, then she said she is still on maternity and ask us to call her boss..

the prob is the boss did not answer our calls no matter hw many times we tried to contact him! i had checked with acra and it seems tat the company is still alive but it still reflect the old address.. now i dunno where to find them wor.. so what shld i do now?? :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi guys, i need ur help here.. i wanted to file a claim against one of the ID firm that i had engaged previously but utimately did not sign up with them..

we had placed a deposit of $1k juz to get the 3D design and quotation.. but after liasing with the ID, she handed over to her colleague whom we are not very comfortable with. so in the end we decided not to engage them.

In our appointment letter, it states that the $1k can be exchange with items.. but now it seems like the company has closed down coz they are no longer at their current address!! we tried to call the ID and she told us they had shifted but my hubby forgot to ask her the new address :rolleyes: then after a few weeks she still did not get back to us on the items that we wanted to exchange. so hubby call her again, then she said she is still on maternity and ask us to call her boss..

the prob is the boss did not answer our calls no matter hw many times we tried to contact him! i had checked with acra and it seems tat the company is still alive but it still reflect the old address.. now i dunno where to find them wor.. so what shld i do now?? :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, I think I am from the same area as you. Do u mind PM me the ID firm?

In our appointment letter, it states that the $1k can be exchange with items.. but now it seems like the company has closed down coz they are no longer at their current address!! we tried to call the ID and she told us they had shifted but my hubby forgot to ask her the new address :notti: then after a few weeks she still did not get back to us on the items that we wanted to exchange. so hubby call her again, then she said she is still on maternity and ask us to call her boss..

the prob is the boss did not answer our calls no matter hw many times we tried to contact him! i had checked with acra and it seems tat the company is still alive but it still reflect the old address.. now i dunno where to find them wor.. so what shld i do now?? !!

Check their business address with Gov Registry of Business and Companies....Arca

In our appointment letter, it states that the $1k can be exchange with items.. but now it seems like the company has closed down coz they are no longer at their current address!! we tried to call the ID and she told us they had shifted but my hubby forgot to ask her the new address :( then after a few weeks she still did not get back to us on the items that we wanted to exchange. so hubby call her again, then she said she is still on maternity and ask us to call her boss..

the prob is the boss did not answer our calls no matter hw many times we tried to contact him! i had checked with acra and it seems tat the company is still alive but it still reflect the old address.. now i dunno where to find them wor.. so what shld i do now?? :P

It would be great if u can go down personally to their old add and ask ard the neighbour see can find any infor where had they moved to??

Or u can bother again the ex-id to check where is the co. new address.

Best if u can post the co. name here and hopefully some forumer may knw where it is. :(

Since the contract says you can exchange the $1k for other items, I don't think you can file any claims against them.

You should continue to pursue a response from them and get your $1k worth of stuff.

Rightfully should try CASE to add pressure on them to give you the stuff lor, but till-date seemed like a toothless tiger. Alternatively, if you got a lawyer friend can ask him/her to write a simple warning letter to demand that they honour the agreement.

tks all.. we hv decided to go small claim tribunal to lodge a claim against them.. tik it is gog to be a long process.. but thankfully we did not engage them in the end, if not our losses will not just be $1k..

Long ago (I think soon after the SCT was set up), I made a claim against a dry cleaner for damaging my evening dress. The SCT sat and both the cleaner and I spent the first meeting agreeing to disagree.

The second meeting, the cleaning company rep did not turn up. I wasted my half-day leave which I could have sold in exchange for $$.

At the third meeting, also talk, talk, talk. The SCT mediator kept saying that we have to each concede something..............like that it became such a waste of time.

At the end, I withdrew my claim cuz it is not worth my time pursuing the case. Actually I made the claim juz to see what the SCT was like and could do for me.

In short, don't be too optimistic abt this.

tks all.. we hv decided to go small claim tribunal to lodge a claim against them.. tik it is gog to be a long process.. but thankfully we did not engage them in the end, if not our losses will not just be $1k..