Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kst

Kronotex Laminated Flooring - Direct Or Via Id ?

Hi,

I'm going to use Kronotex laminated flooring for my resale flat reno.

I need advice on whether to get it through ID or direct from Kronotex at Park Mall.

Here is what I see as disadvantages of getting through ID :

1. Price higher.

2. Warranty will not be valid once ID shop close down since Kronotex sell to ID and warranty/invoice with ID.

3. Installer will be sub-con vs in-house installer (if getting direct from Kronotex). I'm assuming in-house

installer from Kronotex will have better workmanship (I might be wrong here).

The only advantage I can see getting through ID is single point of ownership/coordination.

Anyone bought their laminated flooring direct from Kronotex ?

Any issue ?

Any advices/comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I'm going to use Kronotex laminated flooring for my resale flat reno.

I need advice on whether to get it through ID or direct from Kronotex at Park Mall.

Here is what I see as disadvantages of getting through ID :

1. Price higher.

2. Warranty will not be valid once ID shop close down since Kronotex sell to ID and warranty/invoice with ID.

3. Installer will be sub-con vs in-house installer (if getting direct from Kronotex). I'm assuming in-house

installer from Kronotex will have better workmanship (I might be wrong here).

The only advantage I can see getting through ID is single point of ownership/coordination.

Anyone bought their laminated flooring direct from Kronotex ?

Any issue ?

Any advices/comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

just a few comments to make. i was thinking of going to Kronotex but decided that i would go thru ID instead. i assume the 3 points you made are after speaking to the Kronotex agents?

1. price need not be higher -IDs can match the price given by Kronotex. Reason being ID buys in bulk. tell the ID that if he can't give u a better price, you will go thru Kronotex direct. Then he will be obliged to re-quote you.

2. you can ask the ID to state in the contract that the warranty and invoice be addressed and given to you, since ID only acting as middleman

3. you can also ask ID to use Kronotex installers as well

4. if you let the ID, instead of the Kronotex agent, earn the commission, the ID will more likely give u more freebies as well

the Kronotex (and other flooring brands) agents usually tell u the points 1-3 to convince u to go thru them (hence they earn the commission), so think wisely. furthermore, some lines (e.g. Exquisit) are only available via IDs. having said that, of course some other lines (e.g. Mammut/ Amazone) are only available via Kronotex. So it depends on what you want.

i decided to go thru my ID cos in the end he managed to give me a price just slightly higher than Kronotex, and i found out that the Kronotex guy actually lied to me to try to earn my $! (long story hard to explain)

just a few comments to make. i was thinking of going to Kronotex but decided that i would go thru ID instead. i assume the 3 points you made are after speaking to the Kronotex agents?

1. price need not be higher -IDs can match the price given by Kronotex. Reason being ID buys in bulk. tell the ID that if he can't give u a better price, you will go thru Kronotex direct. Then he will be obliged to re-quote you.

2. you can ask the ID to state in the contract that the warranty and invoice be addressed and given to you, since ID only acting as middleman

4. if you let the ID, instead of the Kronotex agent, earn the commission, the ID will more likely give u more freebies as well

the Kronotex (and other flooring brands) agents usually tell u the points 1-3 to convince u to go thru them (hence they earn the commission), so think wisely. furthermore, some lines (e.g. Exquisit) are only available via IDs. having said that, of course some other lines (e.g. Mammut/ Amazone) are only available via Kronotex. So it depends on what you want.

i decided to go thru my ID cos in the end he managed to give me a price just slightly higher than Kronotex, and i found out that the Kronotex guy actually lied to me to try to earn my $! (long story hard to explain)

i believe the warranty is given to the address of the flat, not to the flat owner or the ID firm...

purpledino, redbottle,

Thanks for the responses and info.

But was told by Kronotex agent that for the warranty, the sale invoice is required and if go through

ID, invoice will be betwen ID and Kronotex, not owner and Kronotex, hence Kronotex will not honour

if ID already close shop.

Is this true ?

Does the warranty card says need to show invoice ? And if yes, do you guys have the sale invoice ?

Lastly, the Kronotex agent told me through ID only can get the Dynamic range, not the higher end

engineering flooring such as the Amazone range.

Thanks !

1. Why do you not trust the agent?

2. I'm sure the guy will do anything to close the sale. If you tell him that if he don't give you the warranty, you'll go to his competitor, I'm sure he can reconsider the warranty thing in your name.

Hi there,

Can intro on the id you went to? Can pm me what the Kronotex guy lied to you about? Is he from the parkmall showroom? Cos I intend to go there for my flooring which I doing this year end.

Thanks.