Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noelng

Hello To All Jurong West St93 Neighbours

Upz!

Nowadays getting quiet... :bangwall:

:jawdrop: simi lai... CPA huh... so how's ur game? playing hook ball ah.. had been trying to figure out how tiz works.. haha...

yup to get HD quality programmes, u'll need of coz a HD Ready TV & HD set-top box.. & of coz provided the source is in HD too... anyway, now SH HD set-top can oso watch HD5 programme le... so no need to get anther set-top box of HD5 le.... oso watching a DVD (hdmi cable) in a HD TV is realli :jawdrop:

yalor.. if they come back w Gold, rich liao... tml muz see~!! haha~!!!

Hey Zen, back to old topic abt HD.

If TV source need be to in HD, how abt playing DVD or VCD?

Any disc can be played in HD, as long as I got the HDMI cable from HTS to TV? :notti:

Im a technology idiot :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What piang , very cheem leh .

I think when it is time for me to wire up my tv console stuff , will engage zen to help out .

Can bor ?

Treat you eat ice-cream . :notti::notti::notti:

Upz!

Nowadays getting quiet... :bangwall:

Hey Zen, back to old topic abt HD.

If TV source need be to in HD, how abt playing DVD or VCD?

Any disc can be played in HD, as long as I got the HDMI cable from HTS to TV? :notti:

Im a technology idiot :dancingqueen:

no problem w playing vcd... but of coz when compare w dvd, the latter will definitely be of better quality...

haha... actually as i mention earlier, i oso know "pi mao" only, i believe there'r some expert out thr... mi not realli a tech-ky... :sport-smiley-003:

What piang , very cheem leh .

I think when it is time for me to wire up my tv console stuff , will engage zen to help out .

Can bor ?

Treat you eat ice-cream . :notti::notti::notti:

kena :fire: again ah.. haha...

mine only simple set-up nia... nothing complicated... =P

Edited by Zen2008

no problem w playing vcd... but of coz when compare w dvd, the latter will definitely be of better quality...

haha... actually as i mention earlier, i oso know "pi mao" only, i believe there'r some expert out thr... mi not realli a tech-ky... :sport-smiley-003:

kena :fire: again ah.. haha...

mine only simple set-up nia... nothing complicated... =P

Tried playing one of my DVD today, using HDMI, but quality wise, nothing spectacular leh. pretty disappointing, just normal DVD. Is it normal or there are some things that I need to troubleshoot?

Tried VCD also, haha quality sucks big time man, compared to DVD. Dun tell me got to buy HD DVD?

Alternatively, was thinking of trying next time when i get the starhub HD setup box. :(

Tried playing one of my DVD today, using HDMI, but quality wise, nothing spectacular leh. pretty disappointing, just normal DVD. Is it normal or there are some things that I need to troubleshoot?

Tried VCD also, haha quality sucks big time man, compared to DVD. Dun tell me got to buy HD DVD?

Alternatively, was thinking of trying next time when i get the starhub HD setup box. :(

connecting a DVD to a LCD TV via HDMI is upscaling. If you compare to a Blu-Ray or HD DVD, definitely lose out lah... However, if you compare btw two TVs side by side, one using normal DVD via RCA and one using DVD via HDMI, you would see the difference. Btw, the viewing distance is 3 times the size of your TV hor.

You can rent HD set top box from Starhub now, 2 dollars more than the normal digital box. Try connecting HDMI from the box to your TV, you would see the difference in terms of colour, picture quality of different connections (HDMI vs RF).

connecting a DVD to a LCD TV via HDMI is upscaling. If you compare to a Blu-Ray or HD DVD, definitely lose out lah... However, if you compare btw two TVs side by side, one using normal DVD via RCA and one using DVD via HDMI, you would see the difference. Btw, the viewing distance is 3 times the size of your TV hor.

You can rent HD set top box from Starhub now, 2 dollars more than the normal digital box. Try connecting HDMI from the box to your TV, you would see the difference in terms of colour, picture quality of different connections (HDMI vs RF).

The expert has spoken! lolz. :notti:

So bro, got any HD DVD to lend me try try? haha

Anyway I tot for the HD setup box, the only differences in quality is the HD channels that they provided.

U mean for other channels, there are quality differences as well (thru the HDMI)?

The expert has spoken! lolz. :notti:

So bro, got any HD DVD to lend me try try? haha

Anyway I tot for the HD setup box, the only differences in quality is the HD channels that they provided.

U mean for other channels, there are quality differences as well (thru the HDMI)?

U mean u all waiting for me to speak? Hahaha...

I no have HD DVD. Got only Blu-Ray disc. U want?

A lot of factors contributing to pic quality. The signal strength, the cables, the sources etc. Not very great diff cos human eyes can only see that much but enough for us to compare.

Different types of cables have different grade thus produce different pic quality. For example: S-video < RCA < Component < HDMI, therefore HDMI should produce better pic quality than the rest of the cables. Generally, for viewing pleasure, it would be good to use video output to watch TV programme than direct from RF source for better colour and quality.

U mean u all waiting for me to speak? Hahaha...

I no have HD DVD. Got only Blu-Ray disc. U want?

A lot of factors contributing to pic quality. The signal strength, the cables, the sources etc. Not very great diff cos human eyes can only see that much but enough for us to compare.

Different types of cables have different grade thus produce different pic quality. For example: S-video < RCA < Component < HDMI, therefore HDMI should produce better pic quality than the rest of the cables. Generally, for viewing pleasure, it would be good to use video output to watch TV programme than direct from RF source for better colour and quality.

Haha you need a blu ray player to play blu - ray disc right? My house no Blu ray. Bo lui. :bow:

What do u mean by using video output to watch TV programmes? Tot just connect from cable point to setup box then to TV? got other ways?

Anyway, think HDMI cable also got different grades/versions too. Saw in courts some MONSTER

HDMI cable can cost ard 200- 300 bucks. Madness.

Haha you need a blu ray player to play blu - ray disc right? My house no Blu ray. Bo lui. :bow:

What do u mean by using video output to watch TV programmes? Tot just connect from cable point to setup box then to TV? got other ways?

Anyway, think HDMI cable also got different grades/versions too. Saw in courts some MONSTER

HDMI cable can cost ard 200- 300 bucks. Madness.

Guess u using Xbox rite?

Buy PS3 lah... coming out 160GB. Or wait until Microsoft buay tahan give money to Sony for Blu-ray tech.

From set top box got min two types of output, one RF out and one RCA out. Use RCA better than using RF, and got stereo too.

I have not seen the effect of using Monster cables, bo lui to invest such items leh. But I believe should have less noise on the pic. Anyway, human eyes can't really see the diff one lah btw normal HDMI and monster HDMI unless you compare the two TV side by side. So normal HDMI suffice. Btw, now using HDMI ver 1.3 (got a or b) liao. More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdmi

Guess u using Xbox rite?

Buy PS3 lah... coming out 160GB. Or wait until Microsoft buay tahan give money to Sony for Blu-ray tech.

From set top box got min two types of output, one RF out and one RCA out. Use RCA better than using RF, and got stereo too.

I have not seen the effect of using Monster cables, bo lui to invest such items leh. But I believe should have less noise on the pic. Anyway, human eyes can't really see the diff one lah btw normal HDMI and monster HDMI unless you compare the two TV side by side. So normal HDMI suffice. Btw, now using HDMI ver 1.3 (got a or b) liao. More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdmi

Contemplating getting a PS3 but price still pretty ex. Hopefully when the 160 GB comes out, the 80 GB price will drop? :notti:

By the way, RCA is the 3 color one (red white and yellow)?

Contemplating getting a PS3 but price still pretty ex. Hopefully when the 160 GB comes out, the 80 GB price will drop? :notti:

Yup, u r right.

haha.. now u kw who e expert liao hor...

anywy, ur ritz.. tat's RCA... unless u can see the diff, else don't bother lor... juz njoy ur tv

as for hdmi cable.. i bot when i was in BKK (now cannot go liao), cheap cheap... video/audio quality oso good...

Edited by Zen2008

haha.. now u kw who e expert liao hor...

anywy, ur ritz.. tat's RCA... unless u can see the diff, else don't bother lor... juz njoy ur tv

as for hdmi cable.. i bot when i was in BKK (now cannot go liao), cheap cheap... video/audio quality oso good...

Alamak wasted. The cheapest I can find at JP is $26 dollar (made in china one).

You should have bought a dozen and sell to ur poor neighbours. :notti:

Now all cannot go Thailand liao haha

Alamak wasted. The cheapest I can find at JP is $26 dollar (made in china one).

You should have bought a dozen and sell to ur poor neighbours. :notti:

Now all cannot go Thailand liao haha

aiyah... invest a bit more lah... can get better one... think abt 33 to 40 dollars.