Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
toonsim

A Dream In The East...

Hi Toonsim

Wow, that's a awesome shoe cabinet!!

It's a real eye-opener, never saw anything like this!

Very functional and so cleverly designed.

Me, Very very impressed hor!

Cheers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
how much does ur coffee table cost u? the glass looks thick

Hi kathleenkhor,

Apologise for this late reply.. my broadband connection at home is down.. :P

Anyway we got our coffee table for abt $350 from Alumix.. the glass is really thick n heavy.. they also have a few other sizes and design.. if you really like it,, shld probably pop by n take a look.. :wub:

Hi Toonsim

Wow, that's a awesome shoe cabinet!!

It's a real eye-opener, never saw anything like this!

Very functional and so cleverly designed.

Me, Very very impressed hor!

Cheers.

haha.. it was also our first time we saw something like that.. thanks for your kind compliments! :sport-smiley-018:

wah wah wah all your furniture shi hen mei de le :~ :~ :~

haha.. hopefulli we find more time to enjoy them.. :~:sport-smiley-018::wub:

went to look for my shoe cabinet yest at kaki bukit, the first few shops i went to all pointed me to crystal house. i hv a friend who is a shoeholic i bet she would love to hv one in the window display. my fav part of ur shoe cabinet is actually the umbrella holder..so practical right? and yet so often overlooked! haiz... but in the end we decicded not to buy. my hubby is bigfoot, doubt the the shoe tree would fit and i dont think i will be able to close the door also hahahah.

love the egg chair too!

went to look for my shoe cabinet yest at kaki bukit, the first few shops i went to all pointed me to crystal house. i hv a friend who is a shoeholic i bet she would love to hv one in the window display. my fav part of ur shoe cabinet is actually the umbrella holder..so practical right? and yet so often overlooked! haiz... but in the end we decicded not to buy. my hubby is bigfoot, doubt the the shoe tree would fit and i dont think i will be able to close the door also hahahah.

love the egg chair too!

oh.. the one on display very chio too.. but too big for my usage.. for shoeholic.. that's an ideal choice! haha.. :jawdrop:

Oh yah.. the umbrella holder is very useful.. else most will end up hanging their umbrellas in the storeroom.. which might not be easily accessible some times.. :jawdrop:

actualli we came to realise that ikea also have some slim wall mount shoe cabinets.. but if you are interested in slim shoe cabinets.. ikea might be the other place to shop ard.. :jawdrop:

actualli we came to realise that ikea also have some slim wall mount shoe cabinets.. but if you are interested in slim shoe cabinets.. ikea might be the other place to shop ard.. !!

yah at first when i saw ur shoe cabinet i thot it was from ikea...till you revealed the inside..then confirm not ikea lol. we saw the ones at ikea too, the only one that i really like was the one that doubled as a bench but husband and i are very "healthy" ppl, so it didn't pass the muster.

i was looking for a conventional shoe cabinet, solid wood, but the designs these days always hv metal grids or glass top, and i'm not into that look. finally we found one at rattan pacific, made from bamboo. husband decided he really liked that one, plus it also has a low bench. no umbrella holder tho. meh.

yah at first when i saw ur shoe cabinet i thot it was from ikea...till you revealed the inside..then confirm not ikea lol. we saw the ones at ikea too, the only one that i really like was the one that doubled as a bench but husband and i are very "healthy" ppl, so it didn't pass the muster.

i was looking for a conventional shoe cabinet, solid wood, but the designs these days always hv metal grids or glass top, and i'm not into that look. finally we found one at rattan pacific, made from bamboo. husband decided he really liked that one, plus it also has a low bench. no umbrella holder tho. meh.

yah.. we also din realise that there are so many designs for a simple thing like a shoe cabinet.. glad you found the one that is suitable for yr needs.. :furious:

Haha.. me n piggy had a very eventful 'move house' ritual to complete.. gotta start fire lah.. fill the rice bucket lah.. boil water.. i am sure those who did it before must agree with me that while it's actualli quite fun tinking back now.. haha... :D

Just some fun pics to share.. :P

Piggy's eeyore collection.. :dunno::~

Eeyore1.jpg

Eeyore3.jpg

Eeyore2.jpg

Our wall clock from HK.. Big? haha.. :P

WallClock.jpg

n Our Big Red Alarm Clock from HK too! Super loud every morning.. haha.. !! :yamseng:

AlarmClock.jpg

We are kinda of enjoying our new lives now.. n getting used to things ard the house.. there are some things to unpack n arrange lah.. but basicalli this is the less stressful part and more fun part of moving house i guess.. once we finish unpacking and complete arranging our stuff.. maybe can share more pics.. haha.. :D

Oh yah.. have to prep for house warming also.. haha.. Cheong ah! :(:):horse:

Till then stay tuned! Wish all a great start to 2008! Cheers! :~:~:(

hi toonsim,

your glass coffee table and side table were bought from Alumix, you mentioned, right?

may i know where is the Alumix showroom mah?

really like it... i think can make my small flat looks spacious :good::good:

thanks....

regards,

rina

apple jie jie,

you so easy to get tempered, hah....

then, as long as you still hanging around this forum,

your pocket hole cannot close liao... haha...

anyway, it's an eye opening experience to see around this forum ;);)

cheers

rina

hi rina, this is like window shopping at home for me leh

no need to go and squeeze with pple

and all the best things are here to tempt me :good: :good: ;)

i'd be tempted by the coffee table too if not for fear of my parents knocking into it

very good idea, window shopping at home.... :good::good:;)

save time, energy, also shortlisted by someone else first ...

actually i do the same thing, just didn't think of this term...

hi toonsim,

your glass coffee table and side table were bought from Alumix, you mentioned, right?

may i know where is the Alumix showroom mah?

really like it... i think can make my small flat looks spacious :wub::wub:

thanks....

regards,

rina

apple jie jie,

you so easy to get tempered, hah....

then, as long as you still hanging around this forum,

your pocket hole cannot close liao... haha...

anyway, it's an eye opening experience to see around this forum ;);)

cheers

rina

Oh.. the Alumix showroom ah.. it's located at Blk 2 Toa Payoh Industrial Park #01-1403. Singapore 319054. Just have to take Bus 238 from the interchange. :)

Yah.. it does make the house look more spacious.. that's why I use quite a fair bit of glass for my house.. the living room would seemed very small if i choose the conventional way of segregating the rooms.. :P

hi rina, this is like window shopping at home for me leh

no need to go and squeeze with pple

and all the best things are here to tempt me :good:;) ;)

i'd be tempted by the coffee table too if not for fear of my parents knocking into it

haha.. agreed fully with you applefreak.. this is one of the best place to shop for furniture stuff.. haha.. zhen chong ming! :P

Actuali if you worry that your parents will knock into the coffee table.. you can place a long piece of cloth with nice nice design across the length of the table.. that way.. you might even have a very unique coffee table of your own.. haha.. :good:

just got my tv console and study table

will finish rearranging everything first and see how

if have space for it, i'll definitely take your suggestion

then i can have a glass table with ***** liao :curse::)

hee... i got my place a full glass coffee table n dining table as well!! hv yet to deliver to my place.. hopefully can look as nice as urs.. but ur house is way bigger than mine.. so can't compare.. can only wish for it..

ur house really stunning leh.. v impressive!! *envy*