Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HuiChin

Buying Over Mum-in-law's 5-rm Flat

Hi there

I've just got married and is currently staying with hubby + family. Me and my hubby is planning to buy over his current house which belongs to his mum. I need to know what are the steps to take and any procedures / fees required to carry out the process of buying over the house.

Pls advise!

Thks... :dunno:

Hi there

I've just got married and is currently staying with hubby + family. Me and my hubby is planning to buy over his current house which belongs to his mum. I need to know what are the steps to take and any procedures / fees required to carry out the process of buying over the house.

Pls advise!

Thks... :dunno:

Oh yea, and how can i know whether we're eligible for the 40k grant? Btw we do not want just to transfer name, we would like to buy over flat from Mum.

:help:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow the answer to your question is very long and technical, plus alot more info is required than what you had said.

Suggest you go read up on HDB website first and if anything dun understand then post here lor...

For starters you can read this:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10203p.nsf/WP...ew?OpenDocument

Also rem to go thru the procedures, policies, etc on the left column.

Wow the answer to your question is very long and technical, plus alot more info is required than what you had said.

Suggest you go read up on HDB website first and if anything dun understand then post here lor...

For starters you can read this:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10203p.nsf/WP...ew?OpenDocument

Also rem to go thru the procedures, policies, etc on the left column.

Hi Zirhk

thks so much for the link. Me is a newbie in all these things..great advice for me to kick off. Hehee..

Btw, is ur house done up aredy?

40k grant of course no lar. 30k grant maybe for first timer only.

Hi Raincole

I heard from my colleague that it might not be applicable to us cos my MIL is staying with us - even though it's for the time being. If it's true...i will faint!:yamseng: 30k grant leh.........whoa laus...does it apply to my OWN mum then? she's oso staying wif me in the same area - duno if still can get the grant.

Sob :furious:

If your own mum is staying in the same area, then you are getting 40k. If no parents living in the same area, then it is 30k for first timer.

But I dunno how you plan to buy over the house from your mil. It is better to just transfer, then can save on more expenses that involved buying/selling house. But then, you need to pay back the cpf mil has contributed and continue on with the loan.

Is there a reason why you want to buy?

If your own mum is staying in the same area, then you are getting 40k. If no parents living in the same area, then it is 30k for first timer.

But I dunno how you plan to buy over the house from your mil. It is better to just transfer, then can save on more expenses that involved buying/selling house. But then, you need to pay back the cpf mil has contributed and continue on with the loan.

Is there a reason why you want to buy?

Hi Raincole

Oh really! That's great! heheee....yay........ :furious:

someone asked me that qtn too. Haha...well i think it's simply because my MIL wants to 'downsize' to a smaller house and she wants to stay with 2 other children, that's why. She'll be getting her own flat & moving out.

But then again, i oso duno really know what's the difference leh. Haha. Maybe makes things easier? Good qtn ah... :yamseng: