Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Megadeth

Stylish Dustbin Or Rubbish Bin To Put At Home. Where To Buy?

My living room silver-matt chrome Dustbin is those use foot to step, to lift the top lid. Recently, it was spoilt after 1 year of usage. Bought it from Carrefour.

Now, im looking for a stylish looking dustbin where it is not foot-step type. It is those free-moving round top, whereby you just push watever u want to throw into the moving part, and it will drop into the bin.

I saw one such dustbin at Carrefour today, but very expensive at $79.90. My budget around $45 to $55.

Anyone got any recommendations where to get such nice dustbin? thx

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You are looking for the 360 deg flip top bins, right? I don't have a brand to recommend.

I would recommend "Brabantia" pedal bins. It comes with a 10 year warranty. I only use Brabantia and nothing else. There was once that that I tried a Branbantia lookalike bin for $45 and the pedal mechanism broke after 4 months. Brabantia is expensive but worth it because it would last a long time. And it's stainless steel.

You are looking for the 360 deg flip top bins, right? I don't have a brand to recommend.

I would recommend "Brabantia" pedal bins. It comes with a 10 year warranty. I only use Brabantia and nothing else. There was once that that I tried a Branbantia lookalike bin for $45 and the pedal mechanism broke after 4 months. Brabantia is expensive but worth it because it would last a long time. And it's stainless steel.

No way! Yet another similiar taste of ours!! !! :dancingqueen:

yup, u got it. Those 360 Degree Flip Top Bins.

Oh, i know this brand, "Brabantia", saw it at Taka before. But abit expensive. So far, u have used it for how many years? If it is long-lasting, i might consider.

No way! Yet another similiar taste of ours!! !! :dancingqueen:

u also use "Brabantia" bin? How is it?

No way! Yet another similiar taste of ours!! !! !!

LOL! I am sure you honed your taste over the years, and that you are NOT a first time home owner. Very discerning :dancingqueen:

yup, u got it. Those 360 Degree Flip Top Bins.

Oh, i know this brand, "Brabantia", saw it at Taka before. But abit expensive. So far, u have used it for how many years? If it is long-lasting, i might consider.

I have two that are 8 years old. And they're still working in great condition. Not all pedal bins are made the same. Ikea and Howard's Store (Parkway - I love this shop, by the way) sell very similar ones but the step pedal mechanisms go out of whack very quickly. And how do I know this? My mother bought them declaring that she bought them at dirt cheap prices, and the best part was that the bins look like my bins, and she mocked at me for buying high end bins. But I had the last laugh. Her bins broke so quickly, she was embarrassed but kept using them even those the lids don't open with the step pedal. As the dutiful daughter, I just bought a couple for her, and left them with her maid. She's been using them since.

If you have to buy a bin every few months or within a year, you might as well buy a good Brabantia bin and use it for years! It may end up saving you more money.

Brabantia bins come in various sizes, denoted by the "litre" size. And there are matte and shiny bins, and come either with a black black lid, or a matching lid. For size comparison, I am using the 12L (size C) for bedrooms and smaller ones (can't remember the size) for the bathroom.

u also use "Brabantia" bin? How is it?

Ya I am also using this, both at my parents' place and at my new home.

On surface of course this is more expensive, $100+ for a 20L bin, but like CM said, it really can last.

My parents' place one was with us for the past 5 years...

LOL! I am sure you honed your taste over the years, and that you are NOT a first time home owner. Very discerning :bangwall:

No leh, I am first-time home owner. I was very disturbed by those plastic step bins at my parents' place previously, and Brabantia turned up when I tried to find better ones.

Brabantia bins come in various sizes, denoted by the "litre" size. And there are matte and shiny bins, and come either with a black black lid, or a matching lid. For size comparison, I am using the 12L (size C) for bedrooms and smaller ones (can't remember the size) for the bathroom.

Spend abit more for the matte one (no fingerprints) is definitely worth it; my room's 12L one is shiny, just outside my toilet so always got watermarks because clumsy me will always splash droplets of water everywhere after bathing. Its really quite irritating... :bangwall:

LOL! I am sure you honed your taste over the years, and that you are NOT a first time home owner. Very discerning 8|

I have two that are 8 years old. And they're still working in great condition.

If you have to buy a bin every few months or within a year, you might as well buy a good Brabantia bin and use it for years! It may end up saving you more money.

icic...Seems like there are strong testimonal for Brabantia Bins. Today, i just passby TAKA with my wifey to look at Brabantia Bins. Got 20% discount. May consider the matt-fingerprint proof 10 to 12 litres ones. 8| Have to break my piggy bank liao. sob.... 8|

Ya I am also using this, both at my parents' place and at my new home.

On surface of course this is more expensive, $100+ for a 20L bin, but like CM said, it really can last.

My parents' place one was with us for the past 5 years...

No leh, I am first-time home owner. I was very disturbed by those plastic step bins at my parents' place previously, and Brabantia turned up when I tried to find better ones.

Spend abit more for the matte one (no fingerprints) is definitely worth it; my room's 12L one is shiny, just outside my toilet so always got watermarks because clumsy me will always splash droplets of water everywhere after bathing. Its really quite irritating... 8|

i shld be getting the matt fingerprint-proof bin....now counting my moolah after breaking my piggy bank to buy Brabantia. 8|

What about those "Simplehuman" rubbish bin selling at Home Fix? Are they good? Comes with 5-years warranty.

Iwannagohome at Great World City sells some stylish bins too

For myself, I got brabantia matt silver. Been using it for a few months now, quite solid.

Edited by Air

I was going to get Brabantia too intially.

In the end, after several much internet reading and research ... I went with Simplehuman.

Nothing against Brabantia, just that Simplehuman's design are very simple and very nice. They have lots of features, although its only a dustbin.

For example, the ones I love most is its soft close, meaning it closes very slowly ( for middle sized trash cans onwards ) and can stay totally open too if you lock it. 2nd fav function is you can tuck your plastic bag / liner inside an internal bin where you cannot see the plastic bag / liner at all when the lid is closed. Then they also have fingerprint proof finishing too. No, it does not download your fav songs / mp3s though.

So far, only Howard Storage and Homefix / DIY stores carry SimpleHuman.

Edited by JIN

I was going to get Brabantia too intially.

In the end, after several much internet reading and research ... I went with Simplehuman.

Nothing against Brabantia, just that Simplehuman's design are very simple and very nice. They have lots of features, although its only a dustbin.

For example, the ones I love most is its soft close, meaning it closes very slowly ( for middle sized trash cans onwards ) and can stay totally open too if you lock it. 2nd fav function is you can tuck your plastic bag / liner inside an internal bin where you cannot see the plastic bag / liner at all when the lid is closed. Then they also have fingerprint proof finishing too. No, it does not download your fav songs / mp3s though.

So far, only Howard Storage and Homefix / DIY stores carry SimpleHuman.

Wow I really wanna go see simplehuman after your description!

Anyone interested in Brabantia, shiny silver 20L?? Less than 4 months old!! :jawdrop::wub: