Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahko

Our Home In Jm

Plumber fixing toilet accessories tomorrow, and I still haven't got my sink mixer and mirrors (for toilet) yet!:notti:

Gosh, got to rush to Lavendar again tomorrow morning...

Found 2 dates that are suitable for moving in before CNY... 30th Jan and 5th Feb.

Not sure if my home will be ready on the 30th Jan???

5th Feb I'm on course, withdraw now will make my department pay US$550! :(

Praying hard to move in on 30th... :(

Oh, need to move my KING size bed before 30th Jan!:lol: Now my brain getting bigger... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I went to lavendar this afternoon and pop into Songcho, but still couldn't find any 1 that is smaller enough to fit your cabinet... :P

I will let you know if I ever came across 1...

Btw, Greycat is paying for the quality as is a 316 SS. I suppose mine will change to Songcho in about a few years time... Hahaha :P

Hi ahko,

Thanks for helping me to check :)

I guess so, coz my cabinet that part really too small...

The thing now is whether I should risk buying the just nice one :P

Plumber fixing toilet accessories tomorrow, and I still haven't got my sink mixer and mirrors (for toilet) yet!:rolleyes:

Gosh, got to rush to Lavendar again tomorrow morning...

Found 2 dates that are suitable for moving in before CNY... 30th Jan and 5th Feb.

Not sure if my home will be ready on the 30th Jan???

5th Feb I'm on course, withdraw now will make my department pay US$550! :P

Praying hard to move in on 30th... :P

Oh, need to move my KING size bed before 30th Jan!:D Now my brain getting bigger... :P

My target move in date is on 31st Jan if nothing goes wrong :P

Hope to see u there too :P

Hi ahko,

Thanks for helping me to check :P

I guess so, coz my cabinet that part really too small...

The thing now is whether I should risk buying the just nice one :D

My target move in date is on 31st Jan if nothing goes wrong :P

Hope to see u there too :P

Cool! Good luck!:rolleyes::P

For that small cabinet pull-out tray, you should try look for a bottom thread, the side thread mechanism is already quite thick which makes the rack even smaller...

Cool! Good luck!:rolleyes::D

For that small cabinet pull-out tray, you should try look for a bottom thread, the side thread mechanism is already quite thick which makes the rack even smaller...

yo, pull-out tray can put those "Can" food or "pot", right? my friend at tanglin halt also using SS but not sure the brand.

Cool! Good luck!!! !!

Ok thanks !!

Will one with a bottom track be more unstable? Especially coz mine is small in width.. coz I see most with bottom tracks are bigger widths one.. with two tracks at the bottom left and right :dunno:

:sport-smiley-003:

Sorry if this question sound stupid.

Is the 'Pull Out Tray' single storage?

Is there pull out tray has double tray?

Cos, single tray can put only 1 row....you get what I mean??

here's mine, but my contractor gave it to me so i have no idea where to get or how much

it's there coz we (carpenter and me) don't know what to do with the extra space :bangwall:

door is attached onto the rack so it's the one-movement kind

it's a two-layer one, which most of them are unless you're looking at those very broad ones

fully extended

IMG_1837.jpg

retracted into the cabinet and door attached

IMG_0009.jpg

Edited by applefreak

ahko

noted your reply on how to read the measurement of the kitchen cabinet.

Didn't know it was supposed to be top+bottom :D

Now it adds up.

my kitchen will have quite a similar design as yours - with a tall unit at the side as larder.

So, I guess the length of this unit should be added & included in the total measurement of the cabinet in the quotation?

Personally i preferred stainless steel. :P

Learn something about stainless steel from my uncle:

Stainless steel comes in many different grades, commonly used for home appliances and funitures are 304 and 316. 316 are higher corrosion resistance than 304, but of course more expensive. And whether or not 304 will rust easily will have to depend on how you use and environment.

How to tell if is 304 or 316 since everyone will just say Stainless Steel?

Answer: Use a piece of magnet to determine... 316 contain higher nickel which will not stick on magnet. Any stainless steel that stick should be 304 or lower grade. :P

My past experience; apply a thin layer of cooking oil to your stainless steel rack if yours is not 316, this will prevent corrosion. :bangwall:

My ID got it for me at $130. :~

I came across some at Song Cho and Hoe Kee, Song Cho is selling at very expensive price (even for a 304 SS), while Hoe Kee doesn't seems to have 1 that can stick with your cabinet door (pull-out).

If your ID willing to improvise for you, you can get from Hoe Kee for about $100+. :P

If you really like mine, I can ask my ID if he can help you purchase 1. :P

We got a dinner to attend on fri night, so won't be going down to JM.

On Sat, I've got a nation call (reservist lah) but not sure what time will ends... might be late in the evening or even night time if you don't mind to drop by. TBC again... :dribble:

Yes, you are right. :dribble:

Ok thanks :bleah:

Will one with a bottom track be more unstable? Especially coz mine is small in width.. coz I see most with bottom tracks are bigger widths one.. with two tracks at the bottom left and right :lol:

:furious:

IMO, bottom track is more robust, imagine the weight of a cooking oil, soy sauce, etc... Maybe bottom track does not need the allowance for side track mechanism, that is why these racks have a bigger width.

Think applefreak got a small cabinet just like you, you might want to check with him/her. 8|

Sorry if this question sound stupid.

Is the 'Pull Out Tray' single storage?

Is there pull out tray has double tray?

Cos, single tray can put only 1 row....you get what I mean??

Mostly comes with double trays since it meant to fit into the bottom cabinet. There is single tray and usually use in larder (tall pull-out cabinet) or wider width cabinet for you to store bulky items (i.e. plates, cooking utensils). Of course if you like, you can have 2 single trays... :dunno:

ahko

noted your reply on how to read the measurement of the kitchen cabinet.

Didn't know it was supposed to be top+bottom :curse:

Now it adds up.

my kitchen will have quite a similar design as yours - with a tall unit at the side as larder.

So, I guess the length of this unit should be added & included in the total measurement of the cabinet in the quotation?

Usually ID will add the width of the larder on top of the overall size that already included the larder, this will account for the missing center portion...

e.g.

Top = 10ft (including larder width)

Bottom = 15ft (including larder width)

Larder = 3ft

Total = 10 + 15 + 3 = 28ft.

Of course, some ID have a different formula, they might charge differently for larder...

here's mine, but my contractor gave it to me so i have no idea where to get or how much

it's there coz we (carpenter and me) don't know what to do with the extra space :furious:

door is attached onto the rack so it's the one-movement kind

it's a two-layer one, which most of them are unless you're looking at those very broad ones

fully extended

IMG_1837.jpg

retracted into the cabinet and door attached

IMG_0009.jpg

Hi applefreak,

Wow, the cabinet size looks so similar to mine! :curse:

Can I ask what is the internal width of the small cabinet?

Ur contractor is so good to give u the rack... I asked my contractor,

he say he know nothing and ask me to get myself....

Thanks for help :bleah:

IMO, bottom track is more robust, imagine the weight of a cooking oil, soy sauce, etc... Maybe bottom track does not need the allowance for side track mechanism, that is why these racks have a bigger width.

Think applefreak got a small cabinet just like you, you might want to check with him/her. :lol:

]

Hi ahko,

Thanks 8|

Yup, most prob true, but so far didnt see any one that is bottom track and the same size etc..

Either have to look or take the smallest one :dunno:

sometimes the top and bottom cabinet length is different coz of the hood

they can't charge you for the space the hood occupies right? :bow:

will go measure my cabinet tonight and update here :D

hellos!

what system are you using for aircon? the window is so small for the compressor to pass thru, did u encounter any difficulty? thanks!

Hi AH KO

Your 5 room cabinet measure 28ft...I have rough est measurement fro top and bottom...work out about 44ft? Hope my measurement is completely wrong!:bangwall:!

HAPPY

Usually ID will add the width of the larder on top of the overall size that already included the larder, this will account for the missing center portion...

e.g.

Top = 10ft (including larder width)

Bottom = 15ft (including larder width)

Larder = 3ft

Total = 10 + 15 + 3 = 28ft.

Of course, some ID have a different formula, they might charge differently for larder...

Top = 16.5ft

Bottom = 14ft

solid top= 14"

mine is abt ahko's measurement, i m unsure what is larder....

Hi LING

Yours is 30.5ft....your washing machine is right at the end of the wall?

HAPPY

Top = 16.5ft

Bottom = 14ft

solid top= 14"

mine is abt ahko's measurement, i m unsure what is larder....