Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahko

Our Home In Jm

Hi LING

Yours is 30.5ft....your washing machine is right at the end of the wall?

HAPPY

yes...this measurement is based on a long straight kitchen with stove and basin on same side,

planning to do basic at L shape...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
sometimes the top and bottom cabinet length is different coz of the hood

they can't charge you for the space the hood occupies right? :dunno:

will go measure my cabinet tonight and update here :P

Hi,

I measured the internal width of my small cabinet again just now..

It's 15.5 cm, so if the one at Song Cho I saw is 15 cm.. shld be able to go through right?

And how to check to see if the basket can be attached to the door? Otherwise cant even do the pull-out thing..

Hi,

I measured the internal width of my small cabinet again just now..

It's 15.5 cm, so if the one at Song Cho I saw is 15 cm.. shld be able to go through right?

And how to check to see if the basket can be attached to the door? Otherwise cant even do the pull-out thing..

>And how to check to see if the basket can be attached to the door? Otherwise cant even do the pull-out thing..

Improvised, get 2 pieces of brackets from Song Cho and stick it with the rack and mount to the door. Ask the Song Cho sale person and he will be able to advice you. :dribble:

sometimes the top and bottom cabinet length is different coz of the hood

they can't charge you for the space the hood occupies right? :notti:

will go measure my cabinet tonight and update here :P

No, they can, even for chimney hood. Unless you told them to separate the left and right cabinets such that is not 1 whole piece, then probably they will be convinced not to charge you. 8|

But this might look ugly on your top cabinet as you can see the wall tiles expose behind the hood...

measured my small cabinet liao

the door is 17.5cm, internal width 15cm, rack with track is 11.5cm and rack is 10cm

the rack came with screw holes in the side bars to allow attachment onto the door :furious:

measured my small cabinet liao

the door is 17.5cm, internal width 15cm, rack with track is 11.5cm and rack is 10cm

the rack came with screw holes in the side bars to allow attachment onto the door :P

Hi applefreak,

Bought the rack from Song Cho today.. total is $200 with delivery etc..

The width is 13 cm... my internal width is 15.5 cm.. the track is at the side..

So hopefully shld be able to go through.. will ask my contractor to make it a pull-out type :rofl:

Once again.. thanks all for help :good:

>And how to check to see if the basket can be attached to the door? Otherwise cant even do the pull-out thing..

Improvised, get 2 pieces of brackets from Song Cho and stick it with the rack and mount to the door. Ask the Song Cho sale person and he will be able to advice you. :notti:

Hi ahko,

Yup, checked with the Song Cho person and he showed me sample too :deal:

So quite satisfied and got from them just now :D

Thanks again :bleah:

Hi applefreak,

Bought the rack from Song Cho today.. total is $200 with delivery etc..

The width is 13 cm... my internal width is 15.5 cm.. the track is at the side..

So hopefully shld be able to go through.. will ask my contractor to make it a pull-out type :)

Once again.. thanks all for help :dancingqueen:

Hi ahko,

Yup, checked with the Song Cho person and he showed me sample too :)

So quite satisfied and got from them just now :)

Thanks again :D

Glad that you fixed your cabinet woes. :)

Reminder for myself: House moving tips from Adelina Pang: :curse:

Move-In Procedure for home:

1. Find a suitable auspicious day and time according to Tong Sheng (the Chinese Almanac); the selection of auspicious date should take into consideration of the birth data of the family members. Make sure no one clashes with that day of move-in.

2. Charcoal must be lit, burnt to red hot in an auspicious hour and be brought ALL the way from the front door to the kitchen (stove). The red charcoal represents a "Burning success", and leading "hung" (redness - which means extreme good luck) into the house. It is not black charcoal.

3. Before entering the house, say a prayer at the door and proclaim that you are the rightful owner of the house and claim for its ownership and possession and politely ask any 'uninvited guest' to leave (or perform religious ritual/rite according to your religious belief).

4.The husband enters the house first with cash filled pockets and important documents i.e. shares & marriage certificates.) Other adult family members follow with jewellery &cash. Children carry their school bag filled with books.

5. No one should be empty handed. Bring the 5 necessities for kitchen (cooking oil, salt, sauce, vinegar, rice) and some Chinese customs say bring brush and broom, bucket filled with water, pairs of chopstick or fork and spoon.

6. Open all the doors and windows and let the Chi flow through the house. Switch on the electricity, on the lights, fan/aircon, TV, sound system etc. Turn on the water tap and stove, let the water run and gas burned for a short moment – this is to signify the flow of energy/chi in the house.

7. Arrange the altar table (if any), offer prayers to the Deity for peace, harmony, health & prosperity.

8. If the furniture has not been place in, put them in now.

9. The bed-sheet should only be made at the moving in day.

10. Put red packets filled with money and sweets on tabletops - symbolises good fortune.

11. Cook the first meal at home. ONLY let FAMILY members eat the first meal. DO NOT share the first meal with anyone else or their WEALTH is believed to be shared by those at the table.

12. Once settled in, you may arrange for a house-warming buffet reception at a later date to augur in the good fortune.

And some tips from my indian colleague:

1. Right foot first into the house, this will signifies doing "right" things.

2. Cook and eat 1st sweet dish (i can only think of sweet minus sour pork). :notti: Means sweet memories and happiness. If lazy to cook, just buy sweets and eat it when you enter the house. :curse:

3. Wear gold for wealth.

I wonder if robbers will wait for me at my door step??? :notti: Hahaha...

Reminder for myself: House moving tips from Adelina Pang: :fire:

Move-In Procedure for home:

1. Find a suitable auspicious day and time according to Tong Sheng (the Chinese Almanac); the selection of auspicious date should take into consideration of the birth data of the family members. Make sure no one clashes with that day of move-in.

2. Charcoal must be lit, burnt to red hot in an auspicious hour and be brought ALL the way from the front door to the kitchen (stove). The red charcoal represents a "Burning success", and leading "hung" (redness - which means extreme good luck) into the house. It is not black charcoal.

3. Before entering the house, say a prayer at the door and proclaim that you are the rightful owner of the house and claim for its ownership and possession and politely ask any 'uninvited guest' to leave (or perform religious ritual/rite according to your religious belief).

4.The husband enters the house first with cash filled pockets and important documents i.e. shares & marriage certificates.) Other adult family members follow with jewellery &cash. Children carry their school bag filled with books.

5. No one should be empty handed. Bring the 5 necessities for kitchen (cooking oil, salt, sauce, vinegar, rice) and some Chinese customs say bring brush and broom, bucket filled with water, pairs of chopstick or fork and spoon.

6. Open all the doors and windows and let the Chi flow through the house. Switch on the electricity, on the lights, fan/aircon, TV, sound system etc. Turn on the water tap and stove, let the water run and gas burned for a short moment – this is to signify the flow of energy/chi in the house.

7. Arrange the altar table (if any), offer prayers to the Deity for peace, harmony, health & prosperity.

8. If the furniture has not been place in, put them in now.

9. The bed-sheet should only be made at the moving in day.

10. Put red packets filled with money and sweets on tabletops - symbolises good fortune.

11. Cook the first meal at home. ONLY let FAMILY members eat the first meal. DO NOT share the first meal with anyone else or their WEALTH is believed to be shared by those at the table.

12. Once settled in, you may arrange for a house-warming buffet reception at a later date to augur in the good fortune.

And some tips from my indian colleague:

1. Right foot first into the house, this will signifies doing "right" things.

2. Cook and eat 1st sweet dish (i can only think of sweet minus sour pork). :notti: Means sweet memories and happiness. If lazy to cook, just buy sweets and eat it when you enter the house. 8|

3. Wear gold for wealth.

I wonder if robbers will wait for me at my door step??? :notti: Hahaha...

Hi,

Such coincidence.. I was looking at the website and taking notes of the tips etc.. :fire:

Have chosen 31st Jan as my moving in date.. hopefully auspicious enough 8|

Glad that you fixed your cabinet woes. :notti:

Yup, thanks 8|

Quite happy with Song Cho 8|

They give lifetime warranty for the rack too :curse:

Hope that everything works out :curse:

Edited by Simpleboi

wahahahaha.. ahko.. i'll wait for u at ur door step! hand me the gold or else i :notti:

24.gif

If got lots of gold bar, how to carry?

Must use trolley liao!

wahahahaha.. ahko.. i'll wait for u at ur door step! hand me the gold or else i :notti:

24.gif

wahahahaha.. ahko.. i'll wait for u at ur door step! hand me the gold or else i !!

24.gif

Thanks xlan for volunteering to be my prime suspect, save the police effort on investigation too. Hahaha... :)

Thanks xlan for volunteering to be my prime suspect, save the police effort on investigation too. Hahaha... :D

:deal::dancingqueen:

:dunno::thumbs up:

jus a quick question- do we face the same issue with aircon as the rest of our neighbours? we can only take mitsu aircon because the compressor can pass thru the window?

thanks!