Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chuapcd

Furnitures From Jb

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bought a black glass top TV console for RM1000 including transport, levy and GST in a small shop at JB. Could easily cost over S$800 if I buy the same thing in Singapore. But can't find other suitable furniture as the shop has limited range for other things. Let me know if you need the contact for TV console.

Other than that, Lorenzo JB is also cheaper if you are into the brand.

Anyone bought furnitures from JB ? Care to share contacts and experience plse? Thanks

You know the road along Pelangi Plaza all the way till Southern City (about 1km ahead)? There are shop houses at the left side of that road.... many sell lightings, curtains, electronics and furniture. Even shops that sell electronics downstairs, they usually have a 2nd floor displaying furnitures that they sell. Not all are nice... you have to browse around... but we like the TV console we bought.

Where in JB does one go to buy?

You know the road along Pelangi Plaza all the way till Southern City (about 1km ahead)? There are shop houses at the left side of that road.... many sell lightings, curtains, electronics and furniture. Even shops that sell electronics downstairs, they usually have a 2nd floor displaying furnitures that they sell. Not all are nice... you have to browse around... but we like the TV console we bought.

any pic to show the tv console or other furniture?

Can't see the picture posted in here.

But one thing to note that, for handling of furnitures from JB or any other country, will bound to have few minor scratches due to handling via customs.

We'd also got our furniture from JB but through a lobang. A few of our furniture pieces came with few minor scratches but can live with it as the overall condition of the furnitures look like 9/10 (10/10 without scratches that is)

Designer wise, there's nothing much to be expected to buy in JB unless some of the furniture shops in sg like Lorenzo for example, have 'sister' branches/subsidary/merchant shops in JB. If you look hard enough, you'd can get some good furniture pieces in terms of aesthetics and functionality worth getting.

Thanks.... dono why link not working now. Oh well... if anyone wants to see the picture, please PM me.

We are not really the fussy type... so can live with scratches as long as it is not too obvious. You are right... one will need patience to shop around in JB.

A few shops in Singapore actually get their furniture from JB... so they act like middleman. If you are lucky enough to find the furniture you like in JB with the same design, then you can save some money... but if you are in a hurry... then this might not be the best option.

Took us awhile and by accident to find a place with nice TV consoles (which I think is overpriced in Singapore). It will be delivered in three weeks time.... I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Can't see the picture posted in here.

But one thing to note that, for handling of furnitures from JB or any other country, will bound to have few minor scratches due to handling via customs.

We'd also got our furniture from JB but through a lobang. A few of our furniture pieces came with few minor scratches but can live with it as the overall condition of the furnitures look like 9/10 (10/10 without scratches that is)

Designer wise, there's nothing much to be expected to buy in JB unless some of the furniture shops in sg like Lorenzo for example, have 'sister' branches/subsidary/merchant shops in JB. If you look hard enough, you'd can get some good furniture pieces in terms of aesthetics and functionality worth getting.

Can pm me ur pic of the tv console?

ya it is overpriced in singapore sometimes but then it's like carrying a quality furniture brand name tag in the 1st place which is what consumers are paying for other than quality.

there are some tv consoles in the shop where I got my furniture pieces from, some of them are like 7-8 ft and should be about the equivalent of 400-500 plus sgd. Its more or less almost the same pricing in singapore for most brand name furniture shops with such lengths.

Thanks.... dono why link not working now. Oh well... if anyone wants to see the picture, please PM me.

We are not really the fussy type... so can live with scratches as long as it is not too obvious. You are right... one will need patience to shop around in JB.

A few shops in Singapore actually get their furniture from JB... so they act like middleman. If you are lucky enough to find the furniture you like in JB with the same design, then you can save some money... but if you are in a hurry... then this might not be the best option.

Took us awhile and by accident to find a place with nice TV consoles (which I think is overpriced in Singapore). It will be delivered in three weeks time.... I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Max383, you can try using imageshack.net to host the picture or photobucket (need to sign up).

I still got headache to find the right TV console to house my 50kg Plasma....

Can give me your e-mail address? I will send you the picture. I can't seem to send e-mails via the forum.

Sorry... too lazy to sign up with more networks.

Can pm me ur pic of the tv console?

Unless we are talking about Lorenzo, Massimo...etc etc, which I agree that their brands carry some weight,... the rest of the furniture shops like Nova, vHive, Novena carry very generic items that can be found in many places... besides... these shops are not known for their quality or service at all. So their "brand" tag does not mean much to us... to be honest.

There are two main sources where these shops get their furniture - China and Malaysia. The latter especially if it is more custom/*****. China produces a lot of cheap (and ok quality) furniture but it is mass produced and distributed to just about everywhere. So if the furniture you like is produced in China, don't waste your time hunting for better bargains in Malaysia.... Singapore shops' direct import is cheaper.

TV consoles can range VERY widely from simple few planks of wood to complicated glass design and some even come with built-in lights when u open the drawers. So BunBun, you cannot compare just by the length lah. Of course, to each his own taste and budget.

Our aim was to find a decent looking console with glass top that does not look run-in-the-mill type (if you know what I mean).... but we do not want to break the bank buying one. The ones we saw in Singapore that matches our requirements is among the higher range, no less than $699 type... excluding GST and delivery. So we had to get innovative.

I will send you the picture once you provide me an e-mail. If you like what you see... I can PM you the contact. The shop's other furniture like dining table sucks.... but for TV consoles, this shop has a few nice ones... range from 5-7ft... longer also have, but have to order from catalog. Just remember, whatever the price they write on the price tag... it is always negotiable.

ya it is overpriced in singapore sometimes but then it's like carrying a quality furniture brand name tag in the 1st place which is what consumers are paying for other than quality.

there are some tv consoles in the shop where I got my furniture pieces from, some of them are like 7-8 ft and should be about the equivalent of 400-500 plus sgd. Its more or less almost the same pricing in singapore for most brand name furniture shops with such lengths.

It's not really much of the length i'm comparing for tv consoles. I noticed that such tv consoles of such lengths in singapore tend to be more pricier for no reason.

China stuff really CMI one and at times can be decent sometimes for a bargain to begin with.

You can email to eqtradervs@yahoo.com.sg by the way. I do not need a furniture contact at the moment as I've gotten the main bulk of my furniture from malaysia actually. Just wondering what your tv console looks like but thanks for the offer though. :dribble:

Unless we are talking about Lorenzo, Massimo...etc etc, which I agree that their brands carry some weight,... the rest of the furniture shops like Nova, vHive, Novena carry very generic items that can be found in many places... besides... these shops are not known for their quality or service at all. So their "brand" tag does not mean much to us... to be honest.

There are two main sources where these shops get their furniture - China and Malaysia. The latter especially if it is more custom/*****. China produces a lot of cheap (and ok quality) furniture but it is mass produced and distributed to just about everywhere. So if the furniture you like is produced in China, don't waste your time hunting for better bargains in Malaysia.... Singapore shops' direct import is cheaper.

TV consoles can range VERY widely from simple few planks of wood to complicated glass design and some even come with built-in lights when u open the drawers. So BunBun, you cannot compare just by the length lah. Of course, to each his own taste and budget.

Our aim was to find a decent looking console with glass top that does not look run-in-the-mill type (if you know what I mean).... but we do not want to break the bank buying one. The ones we saw in Singapore that matches our requirements is among the higher range, no less than $699 type... excluding GST and delivery. So we had to get innovative.

I will send you the picture once you provide me an e-mail. If you like what you see... I can PM you the contact. The shop's other furniture like dining table sucks.... but for TV consoles, this shop has a few nice ones... range from 5-7ft... longer also have, but have to order from catalog. Just remember, whatever the price they write on the price tag... it is always negotiable.

Haha... I think TV consoles of ANY length is just pricier for no good reason. If you think about it, it is just like any cabinet, size for size, material for material. The profit margin is just higher because they called it 'TV console'. But what to do? If you need one, you need one.

Btw... what do you mean by "CMI"?

Already e-mailed you the picture of my TV console.

Happy Lunar New Year! :good: !! !!

It's not really much of the length i'm comparing for tv consoles. I noticed that such tv consoles of such lengths in singapore tend to be more pricier for no reason.

China stuff really CMI one and at times can be decent sometimes for a bargain to begin with.

You can email to eqtradervs@yahoo.com.sg by the way. I do not need a furniture contact at the moment as I've gotten the main bulk of my furniture from malaysia actually. Just wondering what your tv console looks like but thanks for the offer though. :dribble:

Hi Max383, Happy Chinese New Year to you too.

CMI = Cannot Make It.

Thanks, Just saw the picture. Looks simple and nice. :)

Haha... I think TV consoles of ANY length is just pricier for no good reason. If you think about it, it is just like any cabinet, size for size, material for material. The profit margin is just higher because they called it 'TV console'. But what to do? If you need one, you need one.

Btw... what do you mean by "CMI"?

Already e-mailed you the picture of my TV console.

Happy Lunar New Year! :lol::lol::D