Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bassy

Taps

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
How to maintain the shine of the taps and shower mixer

Use the 3M stainless steel cleaner and polish as recommended by MaCe. I use it on my house's 15 year old chrome taps and they turn out shinny and new! :good:

use toothpaste....not a prank...i do that...really shiny..

i got prob with the 3M tingy..not sure if i use it correctly. I spray on my SS stuff..left it for a while, the use a gentle dry clean cloth to polish it until the foaming tingy is gone....but not shiny leh..abit blur blur...due to the oily surface..

anyone can enlighten?

use toothpaste....not a prank...i do that...really shiny..

i got prob with the 3M tingy..not sure if i use it correctly. I spray on my SS stuff..left it for a while, the use a gentle dry clean cloth to polish it until the foaming tingy is gone....but not shiny leh..abit blur blur...due to the oily surface..

anyone can enlighten?

Same here, we use toothpaste to make the chrome or s/steel taps & mixers clear of water marks and make them shiny. I suppose it might be the titanium oxide in the toothpaste that does the job - like the titanium oxide is found in whitening facial products.

I have not tried 3M SS Polish & Shine as I didn't pay attention that there is such a product ... until 2 days ago when I read a renotalk forum thread about cleaning agents. :) suah ku hor.