Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LGG

The Interior Place

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone has any experience with this ID firm? Pls share share.. We were interested to get them as our ID however, there isn't any reviews on them and is fearful..

Hi there,

I was recommended to TIP by my colleague whom they did up his condo. Design concept is modern and lighting was well thought out. I evaluated them together with other IDs like Cisceern, Unimax Creative, Altered Interior and Whites D'Zigno and found them to be veri nice, approachable and have ***** concepts.

Their 3D drawings are nicely done up. For each view, they have come up with 4-5 options for us to choose and all are nicely done up. No complaints so far. :sport-smiley-004: But just to let you know that their pricing is higher than say the likes of Cisceern and Unimax Creative but judging on the quality of the designs so far, I would say it is worth the money.

Just keeping fingers crossed when it goes into implementation.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Hi there,

I was recommended to TIP by my colleague whom they did up his condo. Design concept is modern and lighting was well thought out. I evaluated them together with other IDs like Cisceern, Unimax Creative, Altered Interior and Whites D'Zigno and found them to be veri nice, approachable and have ***** concepts.

Their 3D drawings are nicely done up. For each view, they have come up with 4-5 options for us to choose and all are nicely done up. No complaints so far. :sport-smiley-004: But just to let you know that their pricing is higher than say the likes of Cisceern and Unimax Creative but judging on the quality of the designs so far, I would say it is worth the money.

Just keeping fingers crossed when it goes into implementation.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Hi Brightred

Thanx for your reply!! We were quoted pretty pretty high as well as compared to other IDs that we have been to (that were raved about in this forum). We pretty much like the professional attitude of the ID we spoke to and the bold use of colours and design in some of their projects and in their own showroom.

May i know who is the ID you spoke to?

The ID doing our project is Candy. TIP has been featured on quite a few magz before and Candy herself was also invited to be one of the ID judges on Bryan Wong and Mark Lee home renovation show "Bai Jia Le"

I would not say thay they are the cheapest but I think so far they bring much value to the table for the price we paid.

They have an option which is where you can pay ~$1K to see the 3D perspectives drawings before finalising the quotation. My colleague did that option, liked their designs and then proceed with the renovation. Me? I just paid 10% based on their floorplan and quotation. No regrets...so far. :furious:

The ID doing our project is Candy. TIP has been featured on quite a few magz before and Candy herself was also invited to be one of the ID judges on Bryan Wong and Mark Lee home renovation show "Bai Jia Le"

I would not say thay they are the cheapest but I think so far they bring much value to the table for the price we paid.

They have an option which is where you can pay ~$1K to see the 3D perspectives drawings before finalising the quotation. My colleague did that option, liked their designs and then proceed with the renovation. Me? I just paid 10% based on their floorplan and quotation. No regrets...so far. :notti:

Thanks for your sharing, will take your comments into consideration. :dribble:

Hi LGG,

I am totally new to this forum. I have just finished my house renovations , well, at least the floor, walls & kitchen cabinet . Now putting in wardrobe and stuff. I think I might be able to share my experience with you as TIP did my place . But it will be a long story. You ready ?

I will just start with the intro. I was introduced to this place by my father's real estate agent. Candy was doing his place in Sengkang too. I was also shopping around for a contractor. I found that I was impressed by the work she had done and she seemed approachable and flexible and so I chose her. All i can say is that this has been a learning experience. i am the kind of guy who is easy-going but who does not like being taken for a ride. My father-in-law is also very experienced with stuff around the house like pipings , lighting and a lot of very practical issues with regards to renovation. He tends to be very straight and strict with contractors. This is my first house so I went into it knowing absolutely nothing, hoping I can trust Candy . After this experience, i learnt one should never be too trusting, especially with contractors ! Throughout the whole process, i am always the one who felt we should just let Candy do her stuff and trust her though my wife and father-in-law thinks otherwise. In the end, even I got pissed off. i can show u photos and give u a detailed , non-biased account and let you decide .

Hi Chris,

Think you should really share your story cause I think people on this forum are reasonable folks. There are good IDs and contractors out there who have got very good praises from the folks here so I think each can judge for themseleves. The sharing of your story may help lots of people be aware of the areas where these IDs and contractors may try to smoke us in the areas where we overlook or lack experience in.

Hi LGG,

I am totally new to this forum. I have just finished my house renovations , well, at least the floor, walls & kitchen cabinet . Now putting in wardrobe and stuff. I think I might be able to share my experience with you as TIP did my place . But it will be a long story. You ready ?

I will just start with the intro. I was introduced to this place by my father's real estate agent. Candy was doing his place in Sengkang too. I was also shopping around for a contractor. I found that I was impressed by the work she had done and she seemed approachable and flexible and so I chose her. All i can say is that this has been a learning experience. i am the kind of guy who is easy-going but who does not like being taken for a ride. My father-in-law is also very experienced with stuff around the house like pipings , lighting and a lot of very practical issues with regards to renovation. He tends to be very straight and strict with contractors. This is my first house so I went into it knowing absolutely nothing, hoping I can trust Candy . After this experience, i learnt one should never be too trusting, especially with contractors ! Throughout the whole process, i am always the one who felt we should just let Candy do her stuff and trust her though my wife and father-in-law thinks otherwise. In the end, even I got pissed off. i can show u photos and give u a detailed , non-biased account and let you decide .

Hi Chris

I'm totally ready for your long story and is eagerly waiting!!

My HTB and i are almost in the stage of engaging them.. though my ID is not Candy. But would definitely be interested to hear any stories relating to TIP.

Hope to see your photos and your detailed account soon..

Hi Chris,

Think you should really share your story cause I think people on this forum are reasonable folks. There are good IDs and contractors out there who have got very good praises from the folks here so I think each can judge for themseleves. The sharing of your story may help lots of people be aware of the areas where these IDs and contractors may try to smoke us in the areas where we overlook or lack experience in.

HI Brightred

Can you share your reno progress with TIP so far?

:P

We have completely revised the initial quotation as there were quite a few items being removed and others being added onto it. The 3D perspectives drawings have been agreed. Lighting plans are in review now. I am collecting my keys next week so Candy and I should be on-site to take exact measurements for the carpentry work. No one is perfect, that have been good experiences and areas for improvement. My comments so far....

Good Stuff

- Candy has been pleasant and patient with us. She and her team came up with many options (at least 5 options per perspective view). In total, ~30 drawings have been done. She has been nice to show us all the different types of laminates that can be used and has never rushed us to finalise our choice till we are comfortable.

- The MasterBedroom and Walk-In Wardrobe area have been designed very nicely. The resort theme style was exactly what we have envisioned it to be. Good work on this.

- Lighting plan was ok and strives to highlight key wall features. Standard stuff, not particularly creative.

Areas for Improvement

- We do not think TIP is particularly comfortable with the "Greek modern classical" theme that we wanted for our living and dining areas. For more of what "greek modern classical" is, you will have to check with my wife. :good: We have tried to illustrate our vision by showing them pictures from Architectural Digest and modern classical hotels in Europe. However, the eventual product was not something that we really wanted. Many of the wall features in the living / dining areas were our own ideas in the end.

- Pricing is steep. We have removed quite a few items from the original quotation cause my wife and I had contacts with cushion makers and wallpaper applicators. Hence we decided to do the wallpaper and bay windows cushions on our own. That has helped us save some money. This is our 1st home together so everything also have to buy new and is burning a serious hole in our pocket.

Hence this is all I have to say to date. Will surely share more stuff later when it goes into implementation. Good things and not so good things as well so that all can decide for themselves.

Hi LGG,

Hi, can you share yr reno experience with all of us , let us understand what is the progress goes wrong . I'm about to confirm and sign with my designer , trying to prevent any reno misunderstanding.

Hi guys,

First of all, this might take a while cos got quite a lot to say.

Candy is friendly and approachable during the negotiations and discussions. Her office and showroom is impressive . So after a little deliberation , we decided to choose her.

Went through the usual shopping for tiles . Nothing much there. Though I must add a word of caution . Try to get really involved with the whole renovation process and don't be afraid to ask questions , sometimes repeatedly , if you don't get the answer you want. They will try to smoke u . With regards to the tiling costs , try to measure the exact area you are getting tiled. My wife went through the pain-staking process of that and found some doubts but we already paid her in full already so don't think got hope there.

We were supposed to have a briefing with the plumber but when we got there, he was already there starting work . So we didn't have a chance to know what he was doing or to say what we want. if yours is a new flat and u want to change the things in the bathrooms, remember that the toilet belongs to you. They will say they hacked it off, it was damaged when in actual fact, it could be taken away and re-used, or sold elsewhere, all at your cost and their benefit.

After the installation of the master bathroom vanity top, the plumber installed the piping inside the cabinet below the sink before Chinese New Year. When we checked on the house during the holidays , we realised there was a crack in the valve connecting the pipe and the whole interior was wet. The wood was new and the silicone hadn't even dry . By then ,we knew the water would have already seeped into the wood and there would be potential damage there. we had to wait 2 weeks before the plumber came down to change the thing but granted it was Chinese New Yr, so give some chance there. By the time the pipe was finally fixed, the water had been sitting for close to 4 weeks. Any layman will tell you the wood will be damaged.

We then requested that the base wood be changed as there was bound to be damage (if not now, then in the future) but Candy said they would at the most change the laminate . When the guy came down to rectify the mistake, he said that he could just change the laminate but my wife insisted he peel it off and lo and behold, it was wet underneath. We have photos to show for that.

Candy said the valve crack was an Act of God and we should compromise. We then met her at her office. We then realised that she thought we wanted to change the entire vanity top when we only wanted to change the base piece. Although this was a misunderstanding, I felt that it was wrong to say that the valve , installed by her own plumber, cracking was an act of God and not her fault. Would love to hear all your input on this.

Gotta go makan but there is more to come. Btw, you are all welcome to come see my place if you like . Just PM me .

Later....

For her to say that it is an "Act of God" is surely WRONG! Act of God usually refers to natural diasters like earthquakes, floods, blizzards, storms, lighting strikes etc. I think it is more of like "Act of the Unskillful Plumber" If she is unwilling to change the base wood, you may like to document formally in writing to her and make sure it is noted. And if within 3 years of the warranty if you have issues like bubbles on the laminates or bad deteroriation in the wood, you can hold her responsible to it. Just my suggestion.

Edited by brightred

Hi guys,

First of all, this might take a while cos got quite a lot to say.

Candy is friendly and approachable during the negotiations and discussions. Her office and showroom is impressive . So after a little deliberation , we decided to choose her.

Went through the usual shopping for tiles . Nothing much there. Though I must add a word of caution . Try to get really involved with the whole renovation process and don't be afraid to ask questions , sometimes repeatedly , if you don't get the answer you want. They will try to smoke u . With regards to the tiling costs , try to measure the exact area you are getting tiled. My wife went through the pain-staking process of that and found some doubts but we already paid her in full already so don't think got hope there.

We were supposed to have a briefing with the plumber but when we got there, he was already there starting work . So we didn't have a chance to know what he was doing or to say what we want. if yours is a new flat and u want to change the things in the bathrooms, remember that the toilet belongs to you. They will say they hacked it off, it was damaged when in actual fact, it could be taken away and re-used, or sold elsewhere, all at your cost and their benefit.

After the installation of the master bathroom vanity top, the plumber installed the piping inside the cabinet below the sink before Chinese New Year. When we checked on the house during the holidays , we realised there was a crack in the valve connecting the pipe and the whole interior was wet. The wood was new and the silicone hadn't even dry . By then ,we knew the water would have already seeped into the wood and there would be potential damage there. we had to wait 2 weeks before the plumber came down to change the thing but granted it was Chinese New Yr, so give some chance there. By the time the pipe was finally fixed, the water had been sitting for close to 4 weeks. Any layman will tell you the wood will be damaged.

We then requested that the base wood be changed as there was bound to be damage (if not now, then in the future) but Candy said they would at the most change the laminate . When the guy came down to rectify the mistake, he said that he could just change the laminate but my wife insisted he peel it off and lo and behold, it was wet underneath. We have photos to show for that.

Candy said the valve crack was an Act of God and we should compromise. We then met her at her office. We then realised that she thought we wanted to change the entire vanity top when we only wanted to change the base piece. Although this was a misunderstanding, I felt that it was wrong to say that the valve , installed by her own plumber, cracking was an act of God and not her fault. Would love to hear all your input on this.

Gotta go makan but there is more to come. Btw, you are all welcome to come see my place if you like . Just PM me .

Later....

Hi Chris,

can I see ur defect photo? I am also in the defect stage now.

email: tension_z@hotmail.com