Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
countrylover

Our Cosy Country Home

What your 1st contractor has done sounds really bad! If they refuse to rectify all your defects, you shd go straight to CASE or RADAC!

It's great that CC has done a good job and that u guys are happy. Hehe...I've still not had time to view yr blog. Will do so soon.

Yeah, actually there's no need to rush into renovating the entire house, esp if you have budget constraints. I've moved in abt 1 yr ago, but still gradually making rectifications and buying new furniture. :P Really hope that I'll be able to make some touches to my study room by the end of this year.

What kind of fabric sofa do u want? The flora kind? I've seen some really nice ones at Picket & Rail. Look for the range under the "Young American Fabric Sofa".

http://www.picketandrail.com/index.html

I'm also planning to buy a new living set, as my current 1 is too bulky and doesn't really blend into my country theme. Might be going to the IMM branch to take a look this wkend.

I will be meeting with my 1st contractor this saturday to talk about the touch up areas, and to get him to arrange all the touch up in a day. Been so busy and tired to clean up the messy & dusty house every time they come.

I went to the Furniture Mall yesterday. They do not have the kind of sofas that we want. Haha, we been particularly fussy about the sofa, especially my husband. We are just looking for a comfortable 3 seater sofa with high backing that can support our neck, and the material used should be plain cotton fabric, with no fancy design. Something like those from Ikea. The colours must be dark blue or grey to make a contrast to our white walls and to bring out the design. Surprisingly it is hard to find plain looking, comfortable sofa. We also went to picket and rail, but they did not display any fabric sofa set.

I hope that by next june I have the budget to get CC to do up the empty space in my living room, and gradually into rooms.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After a long 2 months, we finally managed to spray paint our new fireplace and mirror! They look starking white now. Wanna go for an off-white colour but the spray paint only comes in pure white. I guess we'll just leave them for now, I'm sure with all the dust around our place, they'll turn yellowish in time to come. hehe...

Just yesterday, we spent the entire afternoon fixing the mirror and fireplace and also rearrange our living room. I'm really glad our living looks so much more spacious with the new arrangement. But all's not perfect yet, as my idea is to have the 1-seater sofa side by side with the fireplace. I can't do that now as our 3-seater is too long and takes up too much space. :(

Hopefully when we change to a smaller sofa set by the end of this year, I could have the arrangement that I wished for. Dreaming for cushy and comfy upholstered chairs or armchairs beside the fireplace! Though I know there won't be enough space for that. :P

Very, very happy that my living room is coming to life and looking very warm and cosy! :)

livingroom1.jpg

livingroom4.jpg

livingroom6.jpg

livingroom7.jpg

livingroom11.jpg

After a long 2 months, we finally managed to spray paint our new fireplace and mirror! They look starking white now. Wanna go for an off-white colour but the spray paint only comes in pure white. I guess we'll just leave them for now, I'm sure with all the dust around our place, they'll turn yellowish in time to come. hehe...

Just yesterday, we spent the entire afternoon fixing the mirror and fireplace and also rearrange our living room. I'm really glad our living looks so much more spacious with the new arrangement. But all's not perfect yet, as my idea is to have the 1-seater sofa side by side with the fireplace. I can't do that now as our 3-seater is too long and takes up too much space. :(

Hopefully when we change to a smaller sofa set by the end of this year, I could have the arrangement that I wished for. Dreaming for cushy and comfy upholstered chairs or armchairs beside the fireplace! Though I know there won't be enough space for that. :P

Very, very happy that my living room is coming to life and looking very warm and cosy! :)

livingroom1.jpg

livingroom4.jpg

livingroom6.jpg

livingroom7.jpg

livingroom11.jpg

Hi CountryLover,

Your place is nicely done and really glad that you have succeeded in transforming your house into your dream house. IT definitely have an aroma of countryside living!

Brillant Effort!

Best Regards

William

is it....

how impractical

wake up your idea

a piece of crap blocking the way only

trying to be ang moh is it ? try to have your maison???

they have fireplace because its winter!!! now you have extra furniture to clean only. haha

is it....

how impractical

wake up your idea

a piece of crap blocking the way only

trying to be ang moh is it ? try to have your maison???

they have fireplace because its winter!!! now you have extra furniture to clean only. haha

For your info, it's a decorative mantel, and not a functional fireplace. And I'm using it as a display area for my collectibles. It's NOT abt being wanting to be like an ang moh, but merely my personal idea to add on the warmth and coziness to my home. So, anything wrong with that?

Staying in a hot climate country like Singapore doesn't mean I can't put in my creativity to make my home different.

Nicely done up!!! Feeling is like country road, take me home to a place where i belong". lolz.

Btw how much did you paid for yr unit?

Edited by blackcar

Nicely done up!!! Feeling is like country road, take me home to a place where i belong". lolz.

Btw how much did you paid for yr unit?

Thanks for your compliments. :)

We bought it at $307K abt 2 years ago. Was lucky to get it during the 1st round of balloting, as a friend of mine paid close to $400k during last year's balloting. also mid-storey like mine.

i was gushing over your old skool country country look, love the mirror, the fireplace and the pink cushions! how did u manage to find your furniture, easy or not? your flooring is laminate right :wub:

i was gushing over your old skool country country look, love the mirror, the fireplace and the pink cushions! how did u manage to find your furniture, easy or not? your flooring is laminate right :wub:

Thanks. :) Are you referring to my living or bedroom furniture? My living furniture are all from Picket & Rail, made of teak wood. But I find that they are more suitable for resort style theme, not so much of country style. We made the mistake of buying them before reno was completed, then realised they somehow don't quite blend in with the rest of the decor. :(

Anyway, hoping to sell them off by the end of the year and go for French or English country-style sofa. These are not easy to find either, as most shops here are quite expensive. Maybe will consider custom made ones from Indonesia again, like what I did for my fireplace and mirror. They are dirt cheap and workmanship is much better than most solid wood furniture avail here. Just that it's quite troublesome and take a longer time.

For my bedroom furniture, I bought them from Country Style Furniture at IFC. They've got quite a good variety, but workmanship is not too fantastic.

Hehe...my flooring is not laminate. They are ceramic! Deliberately chose timber look-alike tiles for the flooring, cos easier to maintain than laminates. :)

Hi countrylover. any picture of your bedrooms? :D

I've posted them in my blog previously but guess too many pages here, hard to search. hehe...

Attaching them here for you again...;) The pics are not very updated though, will find some time to take pics and post them here.

DSC08320-1.jpg

DSC08043-1.jpg

DSC08319-1.jpg

DSC08336.jpg

DSC09571.jpg

Edited by countrylover

Thanks. :) Are you referring to my living or bedroom furniture? My living furniture are all from Picket & Rail, made of teak wood. But I find that they are more suitable for resort style theme, not so much of country style. We made the mistake of buying them before reno was completed, then realised they somehow don't quite blend in with the rest of the decor. :(

Anyway, hoping to sell them off by the end of the year and go for French or English country-style sofa. These are not easy to find either, as most shops here are quite expensive. Maybe will consider custom made ones from Indonesia again, like what I did for my fireplace and mirror. They are dirt cheap and workmanship is much better than most solid wood furniture avail here. Just that it's quite troublesome and take a longer time.

For my bedroom furniture, I bought them from Country Style Furniture at IFC. They've got quite a good variety, but workmanship is not too fantastic.

Hehe...my flooring is not laminate. They are ceramic! Deliberately chose timber look-alike tiles for the flooring, cos easier to maintain than laminates. :)

oh wow your flooring really looked like laminate to me, haha. anyway i love your main living room layout, and your bedside lamp is so cute! heard from a friend that furniture from Picket and Rail is very durable and lasting and good quality. how did you get the lobang to buy furniture from indo? u really paid a very good price for that. i only know that Thomson Plaza there has 1 shop that is selling country furniture, looks very very nice, but very ex for the pocket. Maybe you can take a look there.

wow!!!! :bow: very homely feels lei...soooo comfortable!

and the colour of your bedroom really blend in very well! :good:

I wanted a blue and white theme for my MBR, cos blue is a very nice country colour. :) Thus, almost everything from bedsheets, to curtains to decor are in white or blue. hehe...