Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
melting_starz

Raven & Starz's Rumah Kecil~

Hi Happy/Raven

I dont think its necessary for the wall to be 1m. My washing machine is quite big and tall (more than 1m) and including the base, it will be close to 1.1m. So I have asked my ID to make the height of the wall 1120mm (1.12m) which is exactly the height of the beige tiles on our kitchen wall. I am sure they can adjust to what we require since we are the home owners! :)

:sport-smiley-004: Angel

I also find no logic why the short wall should be at 1m (kitchen area).

It is up to our owner to decide.

Just pay the top up loh.

Sometimes I have been wondering certain things can be done but id/contractors just want the easy way out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Angel,

Hey we've got the same fridge!! hehe, nice design, just-right size, energy saving n not so ex :notti:

Where u got it from? I got it from a neighbourhood shop for $750...

~Rav

Hi Happy/Raven

I dont think its necessary for the wall to be 1m. My washing machine is quite big and tall (more than 1m) and including the base, it will be close to 1.1m. So I have asked my ID to make the height of the wall 1120mm (1.12m) which is exactly the height of the beige tiles on our kitchen wall. I am sure they can adjust to what we require since we are the home owners! :dancingqueen:

:yamseng: Angel

Hi Happy/Raven

I dont think its necessary for the wall to be 1m. My washing machine is quite big and tall (more than 1m) and including the base, it will be close to 1.1m. So I have asked my ID to make the height of the wall 1120mm (1.12m) which is exactly the height of the beige tiles on our kitchen wall. I am sure they can adjust to what we require since we are the home owners! :notti:

:notti: Angel

but our wall has already been done up.... hope it does not look too bad after putting in the washing machine... :notti:

25_storage_heater.jpg

Tadah~ our storage heater is nicely fixed onto the wall... :rolleyes: its a Joven 25L heater... we tested the water after it was installed... not bad... just tt how come it is only connected to one switch in common toilet but not to the switch in master toilet as well? it means tt i have to go kitchen to turn on the storage heater before i go shower in master toilet... will be asking the shop ppl to settle it... if not, dun pay them the full sum! :D

24_aircon_trunking.jpg

I like the way the trunking runs... they did a nice job inside the house... though outside, on the aircon ledge, there was a crack at the ceiling cuz of the drilling of holes i think... we did ask them to fill in the gap... but there is obviously a white patch... do we need to paint it back huh?

26_false_ceiling_stuff.jpg

took a snap of the stuffs being moved in by the workers on saturday...

17_kitchen_design_1.jpg

this was one of the proposed design for our kitchen... and we chose this eventually out of the rest... hopefully our kitchen turns out as nice as the picture... :D

:D *time out for me to slp*

Hi Rav

yes yes! good fridge! :rolleyes: my hubby loves the ice maker inside the fridge.....we also wanted a silver/stainless steel fridge as our kitchen is supposed to be black cabinets and silver electrical items to give a contrast :D i bought at Gaincity because I wanted the extended warranty la... actually Hong Liang at Alexandra offered $740 but they dun have extended warranty, i was abit worried as the fridge comes with the panel in front and am afraid it might spoil fast so decided to buy at gaincity so that can get the extended warranty.

Hi Angel,

Hey we've got the same fridge!! hehe, nice design, just-right size, energy saving n not so ex :D

Where u got it from? I got it from a neighbourhood shop for $750...

~Rav

Some quick update with pics...

f_27falseceilm_b5ee6e8.jpg

false ceiling and false wall done...

f_28tileskirtm_05e41d6.jpg

skirting in progress...

coming up next, very very soon: painting and installation of lightings! :dancingqueen:

Hi RAV

Just to share lah.

For installation of lights, better leave it to the later stage especially your wardrobe or features wall or any cabinet has no yet install.

What I am afraid is that the carpenter might accidentally knock on your lights. So, better to let all the carpentry works done before install the lights.

Anyway, it is up to individual lah. Why I say this is that I sw my neighbours light crack at the living room!

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Thanks a lot for the advice!

Hmm... this schedule was suggested by my contractor though... maybe later I'll make sure he promise to pay me back if his guys crack my lights, hehe... :D

Somemore i dun have that many carpentry though (in fact only kitchen cabinet).. mostly buying from outside... and most of my lights are downlights, except 2 common bedrooms flat lights and dining table light, so shld be quite safe...?

Happy, u'r surely very busy... never see u update ur t-blog anymore? how's ur reno going so far? :rofl:

~Rav

Hi RAV

Just to share lah.

For installation of lights, better leave it to the later stage especially your wardrobe or features wall or any cabinet has no yet install.

What I am afraid is that the carpenter might accidentally knock on your lights. So, better to let all the carpentry works done before install the lights.

Anyway, it is up to individual lah. Why I say this is that I sw my neighbours light crack at the living room!

HAPPY

--from melting_starz--

last saturday when i visited my new house, the painting was already done... i think the colours we chosen are not so bad... but the painting quality is not so good... can see many defects... like dripping paint dried up in a corner, uneven painting etc... already complained and hopefully as promised, they will touch up nicely after other things are done... will post the pics once uploaded...

lighting people are very busy... they promised to do it by last saturday but it was dragged till sunday till monday and finally installed today... some of the downlights are installed slightly slanted... feel like to ask them to straighten it for us... :jawdrop: the foyer dun look very nice with one downlight installed... haiz, thinking of changing to another light... maybe the icecube that i bought for the bedroom area just outside toilet... they also installed the ceiling fan for us... but i realised its the wrong colour! i wonder if the lighting shop can change for us... we insisted on gunmetal colour and i dunno how it become silver colour? somemore at point of installation, we were both at work... its already hanging at our ceiling how? but its not the one we wanted...

kitchen cabinets are up... minus the solid surface top... the workmanship was not very ideal... the side trimmings are terrible, with lotsa jagged sides... the drawers dun look very sturdy... haiz... the quality is not there i feel... though i tot the overall kitchen looks rather nice in the picture tt i took using hp... i hope this kitchen can last me long long... :jawdrop:

its a boring entry with lotsa words... awaiting the picture upload from ravenski... :notti:

Edited by Ravenski

pics pics pics :notti:!! :jawdrop:

f_livingwallm_b755416.jpg

living room painting done, tiling done, false ceiling done... after wash. hmm... still thinking what to do with this side of the wall...

f_foyerwallm_4db7143.jpg

foyer... sans small pebbles... planning to have a suspended dark wood shoe rack... but get from where?? :jawdrop:

f_mbrlightsm_707f1fb.jpg

master bedroom with our v.meaningful purple-n-choco colours... and downlights! no cove light cuz afraid of dust n insects...

f_kitchenwotam_5ad3fac.jpg

kitchen cabinet done (minus a cabinet door), waiting for solid top... shown in the pic turbo hood n our fav best-buy crizto kitchen sink! :jawdrop:

Edited by Ravenski

maybe the photos of lights will be posted soon... heehee :)

we bought our dining table and one bench and three chairs from Barang Barang during the sale... we love it very much, ahem, except for the price... hahaha

these two days we spent our precious time in Ikea and somewat managed to spend around 5K for one master bedroom wardrobe, one common room wardrobe, our malm bed with the nice headboard, two wall cabinets, one book shelf, one table, two billy bookcases (one with glassdoor) and our lovely sofa set...

wanted to get the black daybed from ikea today cuz they are having promotion... but when we went after work, the stocks are gone... wondering who got the time to go buy furniture on a monday... haiz... wat to do... might be getting a sofa bed for the third bedroom now... :(

this saturday will be the delivery day for ikea furniture!! hurray!:(:)

pics time... :sport-smiley-003:

f_30mbrm_e19f66e.jpg

master bedroom: ceiling, lighting, painting, laminate flooring and window grill done... :bangwall:

f_31flooringm_a17ed66.jpg

floorings: 3 rooms laminate and living room homo...

f_32diningsetm_18e612b.jpg

dining set from barang barang...

f_31flooringm_a17ed66.jpg

floorings: 3 rooms laminate and living room homo...

nice choice for your laminate flooring. :good:

dunno whether izzit my eyes playing tricks on me. your grout lines for the living room is very white. :good:

Hi Happy,

Paints are all from ICI. Highlighted wall in living room is Champagne... the light colour one is Natural Cane... brown colour one is Mocca Delight, and the purple false ceiling is called Mysterious...

~ Raven

Hi RAV

What colour is your highlighted wall in your living room?

Seem like I also choose the same colour.

HAPPY