Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
melting_starz

Raven & Starz's Rumah Kecil~

Hi RAV

Thanks.

One of my bedroom is highlighted Natural Cane. For my son bedroom!

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Paints are all from ICI. Highlighted wall in living room is Champagne... the light colour one is Natural Cane... brown colour one is Mocca Delight, and the purple false ceiling is called Mysterious...

~ Raven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
nice choice for your laminate flooring. :notti:

dunno whether izzit my eyes playing tricks on me. your grout lines for the living room is very white. :)

Yes! your eyes are so sharp! :bangwall: but the grout lines are not very nicely done... its not even through out... dunno wat to do ler... hopefully the contractor is nice enuff to do the touch up... :)

--melting_starz--

IKEA shopping trip :jammin:

we got our things pretty much in IKEA... which attracts many comments like "ikea's stuffs are nice but dont last" "actually ikea is not tt cheap and quality not good" "i bought ikea things but spoilt very easily"... :P but we still prefer the stuffs there after shopping around in the furniture malls...

list of stuffs as below,

1. wardrobe for master bedroom

2. wardrobe for common bedroom

3. two suspended book cabinets

4. one simple plain bookcase

5. headboard and queen bedframe

6. two bookcases with glassdoor for one

7. daybed frame

8. 3 seater sofa

9. footstool

delivery time was supposed to be 2 to 6. however, they came only at 530 and they realised that they had to assemble all for us cuz we paid for assembly! the whole delivery and assembly only ended at 10! :P who asked them to come so late even though we had so much stuffs? especially the queen bedframe which was last assembled... they were in such a rush and they really did a quick job. i hope nothing bad will happen...

the headboard was chipped at one side... but we decided to leave it alone cuz it will be covered... if not, have to go through the whole ordeal of changing it... but, they delivered wrong colour for our table so will have to change it... and our dear bookcase dun seemed too stable as well... so when they make another trip down to our house, gotta ask them to put brackets on top!

*its becoming more and more like a home now~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* :rolleyes:

(melting_starz)

IKEA shopping trip :P

we got our things pretty much in IKEA... which attracts many comments like "ikea's stuffs are nice but dont last" "actually ikea is not tt cheap and quality not good" "i bought ikea things but spoilt very easily"... :( but we still prefer the stuffs there after shopping around in the furniture malls...

list of stuffs as below,

1. wardrobe for master bedroom

2. wardrobe for common bedroom

3. two suspended book cabinets

4. one simple plain bookcase

5. headboard and queen bedframe

6. two bookcases with glassdoor for one

7. daybed frame

8. 3 seater sofa

9. footstool

delivery time was supposed to be 2 to 6. however, they came only at 530 and they realised that they had to assemble all for us cuz we paid for assembly! the whole delivery and assembly only ended at 10! :) who asked them to come so late even though we had so much stuffs? especially the queen bedframe which was last assembled... they were in such a rush and they really did a quick job. i hope nothing bad will happen...

the headboard was chipped at one side... but we decided to leave it alone cuz it will be covered... if not, have to go through the whole ordeal of changing it... but, they delivered wrong colour for our table so will have to change it... and our dear bookcase dun seemed too stable as well... so when they make another trip down to our house, gotta ask them to put brackets on top!

*its becoming more and more like a home now~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* :rolleyes:

(melting_starz)

any pix of your latest delivery?

i love to :jammin: at pix, though it makes me want to reno my home again :P

Hey hey nice dinning table!! Dun mind divulge how much you got it for?

We bought the whole set together... cant rem how much we got the table alone... the dining table with the bench and three chairs add up to 1.8k+++... it was during their sale period... :~

ok pics time... !!

f_1livingm_cc9ea72.jpg

living room... now with ikea karlstad sofa and footstool... but still no coffee table, tv console n curtains for all rooms yet! :bow:

f_2living2m_f6243dd.jpg

living/dining from another view...

f_3activitym_9fe8574.jpg

activity room with ikea day bed (got it during promo at $99! usual $199), and 2 bookshelves...

f_42ndrmm_1977fed.jpg

younger bros room with cabinet, table n wardrobe, also from ikea...

f_5mbrm_7c5567f.jpg

mbr with ikea 2-metre wardrobe, bed frame, n slide-out bed head...

total damage on ikea stuffs so far: ard 5.3k :notti: and that's after the 10% off (in the form of vouchers; den we used it to pay for other items) for 2 wardrobes (150x201cm and 200x236cm) in their promo period...

Edited by Ravenski

Hi RAV

You have a very nicely done for your house!:yamseng:

I like your wardrobe, very unique!:bangwall:

Btw, your bro's room hang cabinet, is it custome make or buy from outside?

I wanted to buy one of that too!

Hey, your living room ceiling looks very high!!

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Thanks for ur compliment... :dribble:

My wardrobe is nothing special lah... guess if u go ikea walk walk will surely spot the same / similar one :P initially wanted to custom make it but after much thought, we just settled it with ikea... much cheaper, inside nicely laminated, and happen to be able to fit into the space... but it's not solid wood or plywood though, hopefully it will last n hopefully the 10-yr guarantee by ikea really means it... also, use recycled material save the earth! :P

My bro's room wall cabinet is also from ikea, the product name is EFFEKTIV, there are 2 pieces, as shown in the pic, each is $160 ($90 frame + $70 glass door)... u can choose not to have the glass door too... if u want ikea ppl to assemble for u, it will cost 5% of the price, and 1 cabinet needs drilling of 2 holes ($4 per hole, or FOC if u can DIY :P) this thing is also 10 years guarantee, dunno how true it is, and again hopefully it will last :D

You are the 2nd person saying my living room ceiling looks very high, i tot all units standard one? :D

~Raven

Hi RAV

You have a very nicely done for your house!:yamseng:

I like your wardrobe, very unique!:dribble:

Btw, your bro's room hang cabinet, is it custome make or buy from outside?

I wanted to buy one of that too!

Hey, your living room ceiling looks very high!!

HAPPY

Edited by Ravenski

Nice nice leh. Think I will pop by Ikea one of these days to see see look look. Which Ikea is bigger/better? Tampines or Alexander?

Hi NiVleK,

Would suggest you pop by Ikea Tampines because it is bigger and more stock I guess, but not so accessible unless got car... somemore Ikea Alexandra is having major renovation (even the restaurant!) :yamseng:

- Raven

Nice nice leh. Think I will pop by Ikea one of these days to see see look look. Which Ikea is bigger/better? Tampines or Alexander?

Hi RAV

Actually my wife also think the same.

Buy our own wardrobe at least we can see the finish work.

If custom make, you might not know whether the outcome is good or not.

And I can say is that buy in wardrobe or cabinet or whatever is much better as the design is good.

Btw...u stay in blk25b???

My wife told me to wait for gss!:notti:!! Means no sofa after move in!:P Sit on the floor!

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Thanks for ur compliment... 8|

My wardrobe is nothing special lah... guess if u go ikea walk walk will surely spot the same / similar one :~ initially wanted to custom make it but after much thought, we just settled it with ikea... much cheaper, inside nicely laminated, and happen to be able to fit into the space... but it's not solid wood or plywood though, hopefully it will last n hopefully the 10-yr guarantee by ikea really means it... also, use recycled material save the earth! :~

My bro's room wall cabinet is also from ikea, the product name is EFFEKTIV, there are 2 pieces, as shown in the pic, each is $160 ($90 frame + $70 glass door)... u can choose not to have the glass door too... if u want ikea ppl to assemble for u, it will cost 5% of the price, and 1 cabinet needs drilling of 2 holes ($4 per hole, or FOC if u can DIY :~) this thing is also 10 years guarantee, dunno how true it is, and again hopefully it will last 8|

You are the 2nd person saying my living room ceiling looks very high, i tot all units standard one? :~

~Raven

Edited by h4happy

pics pics pics :notti:!! 8|

f_kitchenwotam_5ad3fac.jpg

kitchen cabinet done (minus a cabinet door), waiting for solid top... shown in the pic turbo hood n our fav best-buy crizto kitchen sink! :P

Possible to post a pic of your L-shape kitchen with the door open?

I love to see how the internal of the kitchen is constructed, especially the part that two side join. (where your water bottle is). Not sure if i explain clearly.

Edited by softballer

Hi RAV

Actually my wife also think the same.

Buy our own wardrobe at least we can see the finish work.

If custom make, you might not know whether the outcome is good or not.

And I can say is that buy in wardrobe or cabinet or whatever is much better as the design is good.

Btw...u stay in blk25b???

My wife told me to wait for gss!:D!! Means no sofa after move in!:) Sit on the floor!

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Yes, we stay in 25B! :D how long more to GSS? heehee never mind, put some cushions on the floor ya? go Japanese style! :)

fr melting_starz

Possible to post a pic of your L-shape kitchen with the door open?

I love to see how the internal of the kitchen is constructed, especially the part that two side join. (where your water bottle is). Not sure if i explain clearly.

Geez, i am not at the house right now... but will try to explain in words...

I think you were trying to ask about the space underneath the corner area? its not continuous... to access into the corner area, have to open the door which is under the sink and move left in... its not possible to access that area from the other door which is nearer to the hob as it is covered with the wood plank...

Sorry if u dun understd my explanation... maybe rav can post a pic for u to see~ :P

Hi MEL STARZ

I think see pic is better for me too!! hehehehe...

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Yes, we stay in 25B! :sport-smiley-004: how long more to GSS? heehee never mind, put some cushions on the floor ya? go Japanese style! :unsure:

fr melting_starz

Geez, i am not at the house right now... but will try to explain in words...

I think you were trying to ask about the space underneath the corner area? its not continuous... to access into the corner area, have to open the door which is under the sink and move left in... its not possible to access that area from the other door which is nearer to the hob as it is covered with the wood plank...

Sorry if u dun understd my explanation... maybe rav can post a pic for u to see~ :yamseng: