Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

:P

Dear All

Paid a $800 deposit w Cise**rn and lately when we see the full quotation, my husband and I were peng san! Tink they are pretty ex lor.

Then my uncle recommended OM Sp*ce (thru recommendation of his workers) price seems ok, but apart from these i dun hv other quote to compare or rather, I dun know which other reliabel firm i can go to.

I dun need big branded firm, jus someone who is reliable and honest. Of cos pple "open business" must earn $ la, if not open for what right. But not those who sell u $500 for a tap when u can buy it at $350 type la.

I dun mean to sound rude or offend anyone, but I am at my wits' end now hence the msg I type a bit "desperate" lah.

Got kind soul out there willing to help me? Pls :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
:P

Dear All

Paid a $800 deposit w Cise**rn and lately when we see the full quotation, my husband and I were peng san! Tink they are pretty ex lor.

Then my uncle recommended OM Sp*ce (thru recommendation of his workers) price seems ok, but apart from these i dun hv other quote to compare or rather, I dun know which other reliabel firm i can go to.

I dun need big branded firm, jus someone who is reliable and honest. Of cos pple "open business" must earn $ la, if not open for what right. But not those who sell u $500 for a tap when u can buy it at $350 type la.

I dun mean to sound rude or offend anyone, but I am at my wits' end now hence the msg I type a bit "desperate" lah.

Got kind soul out there willing to help me? Pls :P

You shld wait for the quote and discuss before placing any deposit. Wrong move by you to pay the deposit without seeing anything.

I believe the deposit cannot be refunded. Ask to view the 3D dwg and see if the quote can reduce further.

End of the day if you still not comfortable with Cis...rn, forget about the deposit else u lost even more as u proceed further. Go find another ID.

quote name='vowsh' date='Mar 12 2008, 02:08 PM' post='271386']

You shld wait for the quote and discuss before placing any deposit. Wrong move by you to pay the deposit without seeing anything.

I believe the deposit cannot be refunded. Ask to view the 3D dwg and see if the quote can reduce further.

End of the day if you still not comfortable with Cis...rn, forget about the deposit else u lost even more as u proceed further. Go find another ID.

Hi Vowsh

Yeah, we found them at the Sin Expo Exhibition and they said when u sign now, we give u additional discount and blah blah blah la....

Anyway, already paid. So now we tinking we just use that $800 for something else instead. He had quoted $1100 to hack and remove all the built in (we bought a re-sale unit) so maybe we pay additional $300 for this to be done first lor. Do u tink can like tat?

Which ID u used har? Got any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

quote name='vowsh' date='Mar 12 2008, 02:08 PM' post='271386']

Hi Vowsh

Yeah, we found them at the Sin Expo Exhibition and they said when u sign now, we give u additional discount and blah blah blah la....

Anyway, already paid. So now we tinking we just use that $800 for something else instead. He had quoted $1100 to hack and remove all the built in (we bought a re-sale unit) so maybe we pay additional $300 for this to be done first lor. Do u tink can like tat?

Which ID u used har? Got any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Ask to see if the $800 can used to buy home appliances. 1k to hack thing is to ex IMO. PM u some advice.

May I know whom did you sign with?

Is it true that the quote they give you is not accurate and need to top up quite a lot finally?

May I know whom did you sign with?

Is it true that the quote they give you is not accurate and need to top up quite a lot finally?

Hi Pinkdewy

I PM u the name of person we sign with. And yes, we end up with alot of top up! The top up was more ex than the package we sign initially. If i tell u here, later i kena sue until jia lat jia lat

Vowsh, can use deposit to buy appliance thru them meh? $1100 to hack is ex ah...i tot norm leh

Hi Pinkdewy

I PM u the name of person we sign with. And yes, we end up with alot of top up! The top up was more ex than the package we sign initially. If i tell u here, later i kena sue until jia lat jia lat

Vowsh, can use deposit to buy appliance thru them meh? $1100 to hack is ex ah...i tot norm leh

Hi Sarah, I too think that hacking works for $1.1k is quite ex(never hack b4 just my

personal opinion). You may want to request for another designer in Cisxxrn to requote

you with your comfortable price.

Sometimes its the designer who is the blacksheep.. but honestly speaking, this company

is one of those "branded" and reputable ones hence charges will definitely be on the higher

side. Can't compare with contractors pricing.

Anyway, worse come to worse top up and get them to do up carpentry like wardrobe or

cabinets instead of just hacking works. Must more worthwhile imho.

Cheers

Hi Sarah, I too think that hacking works for $1.1k is quite ex(never hack b4 just my

personal opinion). You may want to request for another designer in Cisxxrn to requote

you with your comfortable price.

Sometimes its the designer who is the blacksheep.. but honestly speaking, this company

is one of those "branded" and reputable ones hence charges will definitely be on the higher

side. Can't compare with contractors pricing.

Anyway, worse come to worse top up and get them to do up carpentry like wardrobe or

cabinets instead of just hacking works. Must more worthwhile imho.

Cheers

Hi Yeoman

U oso using Cise**rn ah? I tot the pricing is all standarised one leh. U mean diff ID from the same co might end up quoting differently. I felt tat the ID we speaking w, hv this "look down" on us mentality. Cos our reno budget is nothing fanciful or wow. When we tried to ask him to quote this or tat, he will hint hint "Oh surely over your budget one la"....

Yours new flat so no hacking. Bcos we bought a resale, there's a lot of unwanted built in there lor.. boh bian w the hacking lor. Now not even sure if they will let me use the deposit for other thing else if we dun wan to sign the package with them. sian....

Dear All

We met a fren's cousin who is an ID w another firm, he came over to our flat. The experience is so diff from that we had w the guy from Cis*ern.

This guys, he walk us thru area by area step by step. The other guy was in a hurry to get out, get home and quote u. Things we wan he din quote, things we don't he quoted. When ask him he said " No meh, i tot u said u wan to do ma, no meh?" He does not give advise even when the things we wan to do don't quite make sense. We don't reno flat like they do, so how do we know what we abt to do is feasible or worth doing or not? If we can figure all most of the things what we need is a contractor not an ID what!! There's so many IDs ard, the only diff is not jus on price, but also what kind of service attitude u displayed towards yr clients, be it a 20K, 30K or 80K paying customer.

The guy we met on Fri night, when we tell him wat we wan to do, he adv us on the pro and cons of the things we wan to do. I had originally wanted to hack the study room wall, he suggested that we shld not waste $ on things that is ex and cannot see the value of the spending. Then he suggested using the budget we hv for hacking the study room wall to do something that will make impact to overall flat. When we catch no ball what he was talking, he brought out his laptop and show us pics to help us understand more. Eh, i dun noe if this is a SOP la, but i appreciate the fact that he does this. This way, it shows me his sincerity in doing our business, on the other hand, by showing us the pics, we felt tat he understand what we are saying and help us see better how it will look like when put into our flat.

He also help us brainstorm how to lay our walk in wardrobe due to the layout of the room. That ID from cise*rn, he simply smack two rolls of wardrobe outside the toilet and tell us "Nah, this is yr walk in":curse: It's so no taste layout and design, make us feel that like as if we are sua gu who dun noe how to tell the diff between good and bad design. He present us of the problems we hv in the hse but offer no solutions or suggestion. He left us to figure out the solution ourself and then just kept adding the "we hv to do items ah boh yr whole hse dun look nice quotation". What is this man? :P In the end, the additional items we hv do cost $36K on top of the original package we sign. If we go with this ID, our reno cost is $55K!!

We do not hv a big budget for reno, with things mostly costing more these days how many young couple can afford astronomical figure for reno w/o a bank loan? We are tryin to spend within our means. As I hv some health issues, if i bcome preggie, i wil hv to stop work. We dun wan to fall into the all buy w instalment or take a loan to pay for things we cannot afford. If we do that, we will not hv the liberty to consider the path of me not working when I am preggie. So the safer way out is to spend with what we can afford now. Debt free living is critical when i am preggie.

We are now hopin that we can get out of the contract. We read the contract in details and found out there's a non cancellation policy. If we cancel the package, they reserve the right to demand for a 20% package price compensation lor. Don't know how to move forward from here also..... Now don't even dare to think of asking them to let us convert the $800 into buying products from them for fear they ask us compensate the 20% of package price.

Any comments/suggestion from the ah jie and ah hia here?? :P

For folks out there shopping for IDs, do not rush into signing any contract, shop around, read the forum for sound advise. Best of luck to those who are still looking for their IDs.

It's not my intention to black mouth the ID but jus that i felt tat his service cld hv and shld hv been better than this, no matter what kind of budget we hv. End of day, we STILL PAY, don't we?

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I totally sympathize with your current situation.

Like all firms, there's bound to be black sheeps among them.

I had a total different experience altogether compared to your

ID though both came from the same company.

She is very patient and gives us plenty of suggestions and proposals

till we are satisfied. She even drive us for tile selection etc and did

not rush us though we spent many hours yet can't decide on the

colours and design. Till now, we are still satisfied with her work..

Perhaps you can demand to change to another ID from the company.

See whether he/she can propose something that fits your budget or

at least willing to listen and give better proposals.

I'm totally aggrieved by the service provided by your current ID. If I were you,

I will definitely complain about him to the company and demand for an explanation

on the poor service!!

Good luck!!

Dear All

We met a fren's cousin who is an ID w another firm, he came over to our flat. The experience is so diff from that we had w the guy from Cis*ern.

This guys, he walk us thru area by area step by step. The other guy was in a hurry to get out, get home and quote u. Things we wan he din quote, things we don't he quoted. When ask him he said " No meh, i tot u said u wan to do ma, no meh?" He does not give advise even when the things we wan to do don't quite make sense. We don't reno flat like they do, so how do we know what we abt to do is feasible or worth doing or not? If we can figure all most of the things what we need is a contractor not an ID what!! There's so many IDs ard, the only diff is not jus on price, but also what kind of service attitude u displayed towards yr clients, be it a 20K, 30K or 80K paying customer.

The guy we met on Fri night, when we tell him wat we wan to do, he adv us on the pro and cons of the things we wan to do. I had originally wanted to hack the study room wall, he suggested that we shld not waste $ on things that is ex and cannot see the value of the spending. Then he suggested using the budget we hv for hacking the study room wall to do something that will make impact to overall flat. When we catch no ball what he was talking, he brought out his laptop and show us pics to help us understand more. Eh, i dun noe if this is a SOP la, but i appreciate the fact that he does this. This way, it shows me his sincerity in doing our business, on the other hand, by showing us the pics, we felt tat he understand what we are saying and help us see better how it will look like when put into our flat.

He also help us brainstorm how to lay our walk in wardrobe due to the layout of the room. That ID from cise*rn, he simply smack two rolls of wardrobe outside the toilet and tell us "Nah, this is yr walk in":P It's so no taste layout and design, make us feel that like as if we are sua gu who dun noe how to tell the diff between good and bad design. He present us of the problems we hv in the hse but offer no solutions or suggestion. He left us to figure out the solution ourself and then just kept adding the "we hv to do items ah boh yr whole hse dun look nice quotation". What is this man? :) In the end, the additional items we hv do cost $36K on top of the original package we sign. If we go with this ID, our reno cost is $55K!!

We do not hv a big budget for reno, with things mostly costing more these days how many young couple can afford astronomical figure for reno w/o a bank loan? We are tryin to spend within our means. As I hv some health issues, if i bcome preggie, i wil hv to stop work. We dun wan to fall into the all buy w instalment or take a loan to pay for things we cannot afford. If we do that, we will not hv the liberty to consider the path of me not working when I am preggie. So the safer way out is to spend with what we can afford now. Debt free living is critical when i am preggie.

We are now hopin that we can get out of the contract. We read the contract in details and found out there's a non cancellation policy. If we cancel the package, they reserve the right to demand for a 20% package price compensation lor. Don't know how to move forward from here also..... Now don't even dare to think of asking them to let us convert the $800 into buying products from them for fear they ask us compensate the 20% of package price.

Any comments/suggestion from the ah jie and ah hia here?? !!

For folks out there shopping for IDs, do not rush into signing any contract, shop around, read the forum for sound advise. Best of luck to those who are still looking for their IDs.

It's not my intention to black mouth the ID but jus that i felt tat his service cld hv and shld hv been better than this, no matter what kind of budget we hv. End of day, we STILL PAY, don't we?

Sarah