Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babytan

Dogs & Us

babytan,

your touch up all done up?

considered done lor..still got little little things like the paint being scrape off after the mirror installation guy paste masking tape over mirror in my WIW..think i paint myself liao lor..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It's a hassle for us to rent outside cause of our house stuffs.

Have to bear with the sound for a few weeks.

My own clothes alone is erm 6 big pasar malam bags, after packing my own clothes,

i think i got pobia buying more.

It's really not efficient as Roy is busy and I couldn't complete the carpentry discussion at all, kitchen, feature wall, wardrobe, all halfway.

If discussion is done, he could get the carpentry to prepare some of the materials 1st, that way i think it could be faster

Anyway, I have done an overview of my houseware experience.. click on my blog to read.

I also have the same square basin as you but I'm using it for my MBR toilet. It's 12mm thick Sandblast @ $125 and Tall Pozzi tap $85 both from Royal Franco, i got a flat base white basin for common so that i can wash my girls leg.

Edited by kopitehC

Max ... I want to consider using your method but what happens if the urine is alot, will it wet the dog's leg?

My girl, water tap, like to drink and urine alot in 1 day.

kopitehC --> i read your blog last nite liao :D

but you move in during reno can also be a hassle la but save $$$ better :drunk:

12mm thick Sandblast @ $125 and Tall Pozzi tap $85 considered good buy liao..mine is clear glass, actually i like frosted glass more but summer dun have and no energy to source outside and Roy said clear glass nicer so...

eh my gal also water tap, she drink alot but urine bit by bit and can be like half an hour once..i heard from vet that older dogs tend to drink more..duno true or not but drink too much no good for their kidneys leh..i never control my gal drinking, always leave a fresh bowl of water there to share with my boy lor.. :horse:

Max ... I want to consider using your method but what happens if the urine is alot, will it wet the dog's leg?

My girl, water tap, like to drink and urine alot in 1 day.

Maybe this picture will help explain how I did it.

dsc00388gg2.jpg

I bought the pee tray and grill... then lay the foam matt over it. So when my dog urines on the matt (which is more stable than the grill itself), the urine flows through the matt and grill and onto the tray. My dog's legs will never get wet this way.... and the matt effectively covers most of the smell as well. I actually rinse the matt and tray only once a week. Some urine smell is good as a guide for my dog to return to the same spot. Hassle free and a neat solution... in my view. Hope this helps. :)

As for Babytan, if u don have the grill, its ok... you can consider buying those "plastic floor squares" (sorry, dono the actual name) that people buy and put in bathrooms so that they don't step on wet floors? Common in swimming pool bathrooms as well but they are hard and uncomfortable to step on... thats why I add the foam matt. These squares are cheap and can be used as a layer under the foam matt. I like to use the matt as it makes the surface more stable so that my dog is more willing to step on it. Anyways, with the combo of the squares or the grill, your dog's urine will flow right through and their legs will always remain dry.

Edited by Max383

hi babytan,

actually i just updated today LOL.

Initially i wanted Clear Glass also, summer didn't have it cause i think summer one slightly smaller. Then i went to Lucky Khoon, 13mm selling $180! so i went to Royal Franco 15mm selling $150, then over my budget as moreover i didn't need 15mm, then boss showed me 12mm Sandblast, waaahh v nice! so i bought at $125

Summer prices quite ok just that they don't hv alot of range to choose from. Ms Kee quite nice lady also

Oh, my dog likes to drink water since young.

Last time she drink and drink until i confiscate

Nowadays use bowl, then when dry liao, she bark for it till i pour water for her. Irritating lol ,,, she barks in the morning especially when i am sleeping

She will drink like tap and urine like tap, not every hour but erm approx 5 times a day and urine is ALOT

Max383--> :bow::bow: thanks understood wat you meant liao..and know wat square plastic you are referring to... :notti: wow you very creative leh..me never tot of that before..think i will have to spend sometime at the household shop liao..

but i also got another problem...my boy lift leg so i need to stick something to the wall also..if not his urine will seep thru underneath of the tray..end up more cleaning and stains..

now i have this idea of pasting 1 sheet on the wall and lead the bottom end into the tray and top covered with another sheet..can this be done? hope i dun sound too confusing for your to understand..kekekke english no good 8|8|

kopitehC--> read just now too..kekekeke definately a good buy, when free post a picture of your glass basin leh...btw i duno mine how thick leh..never ask also..lolz

Max383--> :bow::bow: thanks understood wat you meant liao..and know wat square plastic you are now i have this idea of pasting 1 sheet on the wall and lead the bottom end into the tray and top covered with another sheet..can this be done? hope i dun sound too confusing for your to understand..kekekke english no good 8|8|

Sounds good.... but you may what to consider using a plastic sheet (those used for wrapping school text books) to paste on the wall (must use strong tape though) leading to the tray and place the squares and foam matt over it. Not suitable to use the foam matt on the wall as there are holes in between. Let me know how it works out. Cheers.

:)

KopitehC, what breed is your doggie? Dogs sure have alot of pee but then again small breeds have small bladder which is why urine needs to be emptied often.

Your dog must like water so much to drink alot regularly. :D

Max383--> i tried before liao, now actually i am sticking pee pad on the wall leading to tray and newspaper on the tray...reason for using pee pad is that it absorb water fast, so long as kana my boy urine, it will absorb so no worries of wetting the whole tray..but pee pad expensive leh $1.05 for 5 pieces (to me is exp la cos use and throw...)

now i see that the matt you are using also can absorb so was thinking leh

bunbun--> KopitehC gal is JRT think mentioned 7 years, cant remember liao..think you browse thru previous page of my blog can see her gal wearing sunglass..so ke ai and sweet :dancingqueen:

Oh a JRT, just saw the pix. No wonder. JRTs are super active one. Last time got one JRT latching on to my leg instead of a female doggie for some "comfort".

My jrt is ok, not overly active type, i think dogs do follow owners, maybe i lazy owner, so she lazy also. but i think dogs are clever, my girl knows at least 16 vocab words.

Eg: Ball, she looks for ball. Rope, she looks for rope.

Postman, she barks, Lizard, she looks up the ceiling. So funny.

Sometime she dreams also... then whine in her sleep

One thing good about mine is, doesn't need to leash, she can even go up an esclator without leashing.

Anyway, she did a stupid thing today,

climb into my empty wardrobe while i was packing and couldn't come down even if it's only a drawer's height. Irritating!

Pictures015.jpg

babytan, basin not so fast, prob. 1-2 weeks later when my vanity cabinet done. then will post on blog later.

kopitehc,

ur gal so cute leh....but she looks chubby...must be real heavy, right?

one day, we dog lovers should have a gathering....shall we?