Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GSS

Toshiba Fridge Locking "feature"

Hi guys,

I had bought a fridge GRY66SDE model (590 litres) recently and from day one I notice each time after I close the door, the suction is so strong, the door gets locked for up to 1 minute.

Toshiba technicians have come down twice. Once they took out the rubber lining and put it back and another time, they adjusted the door (i think probably they loosened door hinge), but still the same.

Now their local service manager is claiming its a feature of this fridge to lock, and in turn he's questioning me "Why no one complain, only you complain ??"

Hope anyone with similar issues, or even no issues with Toshiba fridge can give some feedback, with info on your model number, and rough date of purchase. Thanks.

Edited by GSS

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi guys,

I had bought a fridge GRY66SDE model (590 litres) recently and from day one I notice each time after I close the door, the suction is so strong, the door gets locked for up to 1 minute.

Toshiba technicians have come down twice. Once they took out the rubber lining and put it back and another time, they adjusted the door (i think probably they loosened door hinge), but still the same.

Now their local service manager is claiming its a feature of this fridge to lock, and in turn he's questioning me "Why no one complain, only you complain ??"

Hope anyone with similar issues, or even no issues with Toshiba fridge can give some feedback, with info on your model number, and rough date of purchase. Thanks.

Yes, I got the GRY55SDE version on Feb 22 and it does the same thing.

Basically the fridge dont encourage you to re-open immediately after you close the door. Yes the suction is especially strong. We have no problem with it. I suppose that is a energy saving feature & we like it.

I am surprise the Toshiba people are not aware of this!

I have a Toshiba fridge also, but smaller capacity. I also experience strong suction if open immediately after closing.

Actually its not advisable to let the technician adjust the rubber lining too much. what if they dun put it back properly, you might have a case of leaking.

I have a Toshiba fridge also, but smaller capacity. I also experience strong suction if open immediately after closing.

Actually its not advisable to let the technician adjust the rubber lining too much. what if they dun put it back properly, you might have a case of leaking.

omg....i went to the shop to buy a sharp and ended up with a toshiba too....cheaper price and suppose to look good.....hmmmm what to do..go change the order??

model bought:GR-YG66SDEA

omg....i went to the shop to buy a sharp and ended up with a toshiba too....cheaper price and suppose to look good.....hmmmm what to do..go change the order??

model bought:GR-YG66SDEA

Once you take delivery, forget about changing the order even if you dislike this 'feature'. Because I have even officially written to Spring Singapore and they gave me an official reply that this is a feature of the fridge after discussions with Toshiba. In such cases, even if you do not like the feature, I doubt CASE will be able to help much to change model at that point.

Edited by GSS