Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ferngal

My Bad Experience With Rangers Design & Construction (@fernvale)

Just to share my personal experience.....

For those who are still sourcing for a renovation contractor, this might be useful to you (but it depends on individuals)....

In our 1st meet-up, the so called 'designer' has mentioned about drawing up a final drawing for us before the cabinets & wardrobe are up but till now or rather at that point of meeting with the carpenter, there's no drawing done, he just took out a pre-drawn drawing (don't know drawn by who) and just based on that to explain to us.... during the discussion, we realized that the drawing was not specially drawn for us, it's just a piece of drawing whereby he will use it for every unit.

I have just finished my renovation by Rangers, what I can say is I am NOT satisfied with their worksmanship (which they mentioned earlier, their workmanship is sooooo good), the guy who is attending to us is really blur, say he knew what we wanted but when we met up with the cabinet contractor, we need to repeat what we have said earlier.... what I can say is he cannot be trusted to do such a simple thing and also there are some cabinets which ccould not be fully open as the measurement of the cabinet handles were not taken into consideration, I was there to coordinate with the contractor for what design I want, if not, I don't know what kind of design is he going to give me....

Last of all, in summary, what was said before the sign up is different from what was done!!

I am really very disappointed and angry!! !!

Just like to share my bad experience with you...... hope it can be of reference to you when you are sourcing for a renovation contractor.

Edited by Ferngal

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Is the contractor Ah Boy or an old uncle?

I saw a lot of contractors lurking ard my new flat area.

The old uncle even came up and open our door to promote his package.

He even brought us up to his clients completed "showroom".

Sorry to say the design and worksman is unsatisfactory so did not sign up with him.

Saw a neighbours house renovated by them. The carpentry has delivered to the house. The wood are stapled together. shouldn't it be screwed in? Not sure whether this is the norm. but using staple to join the wood seems so flimsy.

Saw a neighbours house renovated by them. The carpentry has delivered to the house. The wood are stapled together. shouldn't it be screwed in? Not sure whether this is the norm. but using staple to join the wood seems so flimsy.

Ya not too sure on whether is the norm to screw or to staple together..... mine seems to be stapled in too.

Screws can be seem in my cabinets

Is the contractor Ah Boy or an old uncle?

I saw a lot of contractors lurking ard my new flat area.

The old uncle even came up and open our door to promote his package.

He even brought us up to his clients completed "showroom".

Sorry to say the design and worksman is unsatisfactory so did not sign up with him.

My contractor is a 30+ guy....

My contractor is a 30+ guy....

They are now stationing at block A & B most of the time liao and as usual, waiting at void deck for business...

thread starter,do u have photo of the bad workmanship?

I wont suggest putting up ur house photo here, if they (rangers) sees it , they will know which unit u r from, and they may sabotage ur unit, since u r saying abt their bad things.

Ferngal, the ID for ur unit is a young guy??

I saw them there a few time, when i was in my unit measuring the place he also approached me.

Lucky i didn't use them, feel so sorry for ur plight.

Maybe we are neighbor hehe....

Ferngal, the ID for ur unit is a young guy??

I saw them there a few time, when i was in my unit measuring the place he also approached me.

Lucky i didn't use them, feel so sorry for ur plight.

Maybe we are neighbor hehe....

ferngal, my renovator is also Rangers but my experience with them is not that bad.

And not sure are we having the same ID. My ID is quite a honest and nice guy.

Ranger's boss is very nice and helpful and most important is contactable at all times.

And they helped to rush our renovation within 5-6wks, almost every wkdays have workers at work. The painter & electrician are very responsible and skilful.

I believed every renovator sure have their problems here and there with all house owners...but overall I find Rangers is still quite good. This is my 2nd time renovation(new flat) so I find this renovator is still better than my previous one(old flat). They have given me a very nice renovated house to stay in. Their pricing is also quite reasonable.

Just checked my renovator is Rangers Design & Decoration (http://www.rangers.com.sg/) so is different from the renovator Ferngal is complaining at. Her one should be New Rangers Design & Construction.

Perhaps just to tell anyone if happened to see this post, pls take note of your ID firm name coz there might be a few ID firm names that are too similar to notice the difference. And in the end causing urself to hire the wrong ID.