Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sherri28

House Blessing Ceremony

Hi,

Anyone ever hire a monk ect to new house to perform a house blessing ceremony?

Can share with me how much it cost and the contact pls?

I suspect my new house got unclean things. There is one night when i was painting in the service yard, then the wind was so cold that makes me shiver. After that, suddenly i quarrel very loud with hubby. It's not once already, alot of times, when we go into the house, will quarrel and when we not in the house, noting happen.

One night, my hubby and me are going down the lift around 10.30pm. I think i did press 1st storey, then the lift suddenly stop at 4th storey and the door open, nobody. The 1st storey light is dim. I press like mad the 1st storey button also cannot. Then, suddenly the lift goes up to 6th storey and the door open and nobody. I press the 1st storey alot of times then the light came out and we go down to the lst. So Scary.

We quicky put three Thailand lemon in a pail of water last Sunday night and spray the water at all the corner of the house. Then these few nights, better, no more quarrel between me and hubby liao.

Then yesterday night, after we gone down my hubby told me that while he is painting the toilet, there is a sudden strong wind and his hair on his body stand up.

How? Our house is very quiet now. No people staying, only 2 or 3 units staying in the whole block. My unit, out of 4, only my neighbour had move in. The other 2 units nobody open the door yet and at night is so quiet.

Anybody experience this thing when moving to new estate?

Hope everything is well.

I think hire maybe the wrong word to use.

Anyway, a few years ago i did invite Venerable B. Dhammaratana, the founder of Buddhist Library to my house for blessing. During a particular period, my house feel a bit weird. e.g worms growing out

of the rice container. Never happen before for so many years.

If you are still interested, you may want to call and find out more.

Just give you an idea what I need to prepare previously:

1)arrange for own transportation to fetch and send Bhante (a title for monk) back.

2)Buy a pair of lotus flowers candles for altar. (my house has guan yin)

3) Fresh flower and a bowl of water if I remember correctly

4) I did a small donation.

You can use google to search for Buddhist Library to read more about Bhante.

Telephone: (65) 6746-8435

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi!

Hope everything will go smoothly for you.

By the way, all the while I've heard it is not good to place cactus in the house. However, my friend told me about Pasir Ris fish pond story.

There area used to be quite "dirty" and the owner planted numerous cactus. This advise was given by a professional shifu.

But then again, the cactus was actually planted outdoors, not in the house. So it is really subjective.

I'm moving house soon, bought a resale EM and the feeling was good when I stepped in the house. So I think I won't face the same problem last time. *finger & toes crossed*...

May good fortune be blessed upon you and your family. :unsure:

Hi fortunecookie,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, we brought a qian shou quan yin to be place in the living room at the altar but it had not been brought to the temple for kai guang yet as we had not moved in and was advised only to bring it to the temple next month cuz this month is qing ming.

Basically, my house is full of sunshine, mainly in my master bedroom and kitchen cuz is facing west. After these strange occurences, we decided to put those fengshui ornaments earlier. ect a buddhist plague above my main door, fo zhu behid my door, one gourd in the living room and two gourds in my master bedroom.

I was told not to put any catus in the house itself as it's not a good idea. Strangely, after all these, we did felt better and more at ease.

We decided not to hired a fa shi to the house as we already are going to place to guang yin inside my house. My husband said will ask the temple god if there is anything wrong before we move in.

Hope all will be well with us.

Regards,

Sherri

Hi! I'm new here in this forum but I want to add in my own opinion.

For my previous flat, (sold off already), I was the 1st one to move in and basically the whole block is dead quiet at night.

But before I moved in, I did "cleanse" the area myself, with the guidance from my mother.

For myself, I did not meet with any abnormalies but my wife felt something strange now and then.

She was "scared" when she was in the room alone, the feeling very hard to explain, its a feeling of "not comfortable". There was a time she was "pinned" to the bed and she tried to shout for me, I was in the living room watching TV, nothing came out from her mouth.

Well, some may say this is very common, a sign of stress or fatigue. But I think it is otherwise. My wife NEVER had this kind of experience before.

back to the topic, both my wife and I are free thinker, thus we did not have any altar for "god" in our house.

What I did is open my windows in the afternoon to let my house filled with sunlight.

On top of that, I placed a few cactus in the house, heard from a friend that cactus can ward off evil spirits.

For the bedroom, I hanged a gourd. The entrance to my house, i placed a statue of "Guan Gong" (not blessed) but it was an advice given by a Fengshui master.

After all these, strange to say, my wife felt nothing thereafter.

Above is not from professional advice but what I had personally done for my own unit.

I had friend living in a terrace, "haunted" by a female spirit. The whole family plus the mate saw it.

Despite numerous blessing from monk and Shifu, the situation did not improve at all.

It was only when they approached a Thai monk and they placed a "4-faced God" in their garden and nothing happened after that.

To conclude, i think a house must be comfortable. If you feel anything "strange" or "wrong", it is best to seek help.

Thanks for listening to my long story. :P

Hi! I'm new here in this forum but I want to add in my own opinion.

For my previous flat, (sold off already), I was the 1st one to move in and basically the whole block is dead quiet at night.

But before I moved in, I did "cleanse" the area myself, with the guidance from my mother.

For myself, I did not meet with any abnormalies but my wife felt something strange now and then.

She was "scared" when she was in the room alone, the feeling very hard to explain, its a feeling of "not comfortable". There was a time she was "pinned" to the bed and she tried to shout for me, I was in the living room watching TV, nothing came out from her mouth.

Well, some may say this is very common, a sign of stress or fatigue. But I think it is otherwise. My wife NEVER had this kind of experience before.

back to the topic, both my wife and I are free thinker, thus we did not have any altar for "god" in our house.

What I did is open my windows in the afternoon to let my house filled with sunlight.

On top of that, I placed a few cactus in the house, heard from a friend that cactus can ward off evil spirits.

For the bedroom, I hanged a gourd. The entrance to my house, i placed a statue of "Guan Gong" (not blessed) but it was an advice given by a Fengshui master.

After all these, strange to say, my wife felt nothing thereafter.

Above is not from professional advice but what I had personally done for my own unit.

I had friend living in a terrace, "haunted" by a female spirit. The whole family plus the mate saw it.

Despite numerous blessing from monk and Shifu, the situation did not improve at all.

It was only when they approached a Thai monk and they placed a "4-faced God" in their garden and nothing happened after that.

To conclude, i think a house must be comfortable. If you feel anything "strange" or "wrong", it is best to seek help.

Thanks for listening to my long story. :dancingqueen:

What's the difference between an $198 and a $38 gourd? I brought two $198 ones, one for living room and one for master bedroom heart pain already.

:yamseng:

the difference is - one shop makes at least $180 nett from you while the other makes about $20 nett profit from you.

Your encounter is very scary, I think your house is not clean.

I have never encountered such thing, but you can try this place, found the info from one of the article in this forum. Cost is around $200.

Tai Yeong Kon Temple

85A Silat Rd (Jalan Bukit Merah) S'pore 168857

Tel: 62710093

Pls feedback if the monk can help you. Good for others to know too.

whenever you are at the new house, open all windows to let in fresh air.

Hi, is it necessary to invite fa shi to go to new house to bless the house? What is the purpose? I did open the windows but it generate lots of sha chi cuz it's situated at the corner of the road.

I had brought 2 gourds to hang on the window. Is it useful? The living room window and all the three bedrooms all faces the curve road, haiz, at that time don't know about these things.

What's the difference between an $198 and a $38 gourd? I brought two $198 ones, one for living room and one for master bedroom heart pain already.

Guess the other two rooms will have to use the cheap one:)

Hi,

Anyone ever hire a monk ect to new house to perform a house blessing ceremony?

Can share with me how much it cost and the contact pls?

I suspect my new house got unclean things. There is one night when i was painting in the service yard, then the wind was so cold that makes me shiver. After that, suddenly i quarrel very loud with hubby. It's not once already, alot of times, when we go into the house, will quarrel and when we not in the house, noting happen.

One night, my hubby and me are going down the lift around 10.30pm. I think i did press 1st storey, then the lift suddenly stop at 4th storey and the door open, nobody. The 1st storey light is dim. I press like mad the 1st storey button also cannot. Then, suddenly the lift goes up to 6th storey and the door open and nobody. I press the 1st storey alot of times then the light came out and we go down to the lst. So Scary.

We quicky put three Thailand lemon in a pail of water last Sunday night and spray the water at all the corner of the house. Then these few nights, better, no more quarrel between me and hubby liao.

Then yesterday night, after we gone down my hubby told me that while he is painting the toilet, there is a sudden strong wind and his hair on his body stand up.

How? Our house is very quiet now. No people staying, only 2 or 3 units staying in the whole block. My unit, out of 4, only my neighbour had move in. The other 2 units nobody open the door yet and at night is so quiet.

Anybody experience this thing when moving to new estate?