Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ene

Dunlopillo Mattress - Comments?

QUOTE (phelan77 @ Jul 5 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had the same experience. I bought the dunlop mattress 2.5 years ago for $799 and this year i realise that the half of the mattress's latex top is sagging.

I called dunlopillo singapore in March 2010 to claim for warranty and was forwarded to Mr Eddie.

I was told that i will need to pay 30% of the existing mattress price (price has gone up to $1299) for the repair work.

He quoted the price without even viewing the mattress. I requested for him to view the mattress to access the repair works but i was told to wait 2 weeks later as they were doing stock take.

Now 3 months later and after numerous calls to dunlopillo singapore to follow up on my warranty, nobody has viewed my mattress. Dunlopillo Singapore doesn't even have an email address to give me thus i am unable to submit a complain letter to them.

Hi, I encountered the same problem and was given similar "textbook advice" by Eddie as well (Dunlop's 10-years series I suppose!). I bought their Orthorest series in 2007 to replace an earlier mattress (Dunlopillo too! !! which was repaied once before I "traded" it in for Orthorest) which lasted only 4 years. It cost me around $1600 then as the sales guy said the extra layer on top of pcoketed spring will give me extra comfort. Now barely 3yrs later, the comfort became agony and backache when it sank. Thus I lodged a complaint in July.

Dunlop's Eddie called and told me that it is normal for such memory foam to give way in 3 years and it is not that the sping is faulty. Rather, he can bring it back to replace the layer of foam and check on spring tension. After some waiver of labour, it'll cost me $230. I told him my mum-in-laws' four star lasted 15 years and is still solid! He said other "local brand" may last 9~10 years because its hard and does not give comfort. User don't realised that and think its good. I replied its good if user don't realise anything wrong, cos why bother if you sleep perfectly well and don't have backache?

I told him nobody buys mattress and expect for it to last 3 years. Even the sales guy did not mention this apart from superior comfort and the long warranty period to give customer added assurance. If I were to spend $230 every 3 yrs, it would cost me a bomb to maintain such high running cost (ever of running cost for your mattress????).

Eddie then suggested me to look for another mattress and let him know the model, and he'll give me special price for it. Now I'm wondering, does it make sense for me to trust in Dunlop anymore or opt for other brand?

Anybody here faces same issue or advice to share?

I had a similar experience as yours.

My wife and I bought a Orthorest queen size mattress in Jan 2012. But after around 2years I got back pain and bad sleep. The center of the mattress became sagging. I called the "hotline" many times but there was only recorded reply and no one pick up. Their customer service time is during office hour and the place is in TUAS, so I took leave to head down to the Dunlopillo service centre. The service guy was not around and a lady from finance department answered me and left me a contact number of the service guy. Then I called the service guy another day, he first said he was very busy but his home was close to ours so he may come down to check the mattress in the following weekend. But he didn't show up. After that I tried to contact him but he was not reachable.

That was my sad experience with Donlopillo.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I grew up with Dunlopillo and we had 3-4 beds then all Dunlopillo and one of them sag in the middle. I think it is a hit and miss situation and not everyone will experience that. I can't vouch for their after sales service because we just replace them.

However, now that we are able to decide on which bed to purchase, and one brand got themselves a life time customer unless they decide to let me down and i'll switch without thinking, that is what i told them.

Here are some links for Mattress.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/67259-seally-vs-tempur-vs-simmons-vs-slumberland/

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/69168-sealy-bed/?hl=sealy