Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poppytree

Life Story Versus Life Storey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Who is Morris ? You should take a look at Novena. they having discount and selling really cheap... good buy everywhere.

I was suppose to receive my purchases on one week ago, and has even apply leave for that. However the delivery was delayed one week later, citing they shift warehouse and it was impossible for somebody to actually said that they could delivered my items during the particular week agreed. OK, fair enough, they have miscommunication.

However during the same week, someone called and said he will deliver the coffee table to me. I thot, will the other items arrived too? No, only coffee table. Then followed by dining table one week after, and i asked, where is my couch and console. The answer was somebody else will delivered. Their delivery was in bit and pieces.

OK, never mind some more. When they assembled my "so called OM dining table", they hit my dining mirror and cause a scratch mark on it. I thot that if i complaint to the boss, the chinamen will be in serious trouble.Nevermind some more, but when i look at my TV console, the whole thing was not align, the top was not align with the whole console body, and the supposedly stainless steel stands had marks all over it... VERY POOR WORKMANSHIP QUALITY!!

I will not patron the shop (HOME FASHION PTE LTD) again, and hopefully no one will patron it. If you want to visit to try the experiences, then it is a good one day programme you could plan for you and your partner to try their services.....

This furniture shop is really horrible.

Please stop yourself from buying if possible.

My barcelona chairs came with a tiny hole on the cushion and i requested for a new piece.

They delayed for more than 4months saying shipment from china was delayed.

Fine i waited. When i finally went to the shop n collect the cushion,

I was expecting one which is stuffed.

However, they gave me the leather n buttons n expect me to sew it myself.

Mentally tired, I gave up, dun wan to argue with the boorish china lady boss.

It started with a small tear, they took back n GLUED it. Then gave us the 'SKIN n BUTTONS'.4230010727_5310780c6c.jpg4230010597_e3dfd785ac.jpg

4230778256_00a23985e9.jpg4230778444_049c0c6f01.jpg

Edited by newnyew

omg, newnyew, didn't imagine ur chairs to b such horrible condition.. did u manage to lessen your loss?

our story:

28dec09(mon)

i gt 4 missed calls approx. 10am+.

called back - they tell me delivery 2morow 29dec09(tue) 10am-12pm.

i said cannot, too early, nobody in, prefer afternoon.

they said ok 5-6pm.

i said ok.

11am+ - called me again, said sorry, have to be 6-8pm; after making some noise at them, i agreed.

in the afternoon, a china lady called me and said the payment must only give it to the guys delivering the table.

(so means 2 different deliveries on the same day).

29dec09(tue)

abt 6pm+ i gt a call from deliveryman, said they will b here abt 7pm, i said we go out eat dinner, they said ok, they will call me when reaching.

we go makan dinner, came back abt 7.30pm.

they called me again and finally arrived + delivered at 8pm.

sofa condition = decent (did not find any external issues - we can't see the internals anyway).

9pm - delivery guys for dining table + chairs called me, said they reaching in 30mins, i said sorry we left already.

re-schedule delivery to 2jan10(sat), 11am-1pm.

2jan10(sat)

tables n chairs came abt 12pm (delivery guy called n informed us in advance).

table legs + frame had some scratches - delivery guy tried to do some "touch-up" work - haix, i juz accepted it, i thot i can do further touch up later.

then, table glass top (with wood backing) had workmanship issues - paintwok between glass n wood was not complete + dirty inside (cannot b simply touched up like that).

so we only accepted the table legs + frame (with the scratches) - rejected the table top + 2 chairs (bad stiching, with hole in the cloth part below the seat + bad spray-paint job).

4jan10(mon)

china lady called me - tell me want to deliver the dining table top and chairs tomorrow (5jan10).

i'm suspicious, cos our table is custom-made - the dimensions are different from standard dining tables in showrooms.

we could not agree on a time/date.

china lady said she will get back to me on the timing.

i intend to make it very clear to the deliveryman that i will reject if they r not up to standard

+ i m now suspicious if they can get a "custom-made" table top ready so fast.

i think the only reason y she is so gan jiong is becos we only paid up about 40% of our invoice value as deposit so far.

we r holding onto about 60% still unpaid (and we already have the most expensive item in our hands- i.e. the sofa).

Keywords:

CASA CULTURE

FASHION HOME

LIFE STORY

LIVING STORY

18 Genting Lane/Road

"the Blue Building"

firehorse,

the skin n buttons still in the cupboard. i sianz liao la.

still waiting for a quote from my curtain guy :~

new,

u never go case/somewhere try get back some $ ?

btw, ur curtain.. get from where? we went jimmy textiles - their quote was cheaper than another one by about 10%. :good:

ytdy evening a "Ken" called me, tried to be funny - tell me they can keep the furniture for me at the warehouse and delivery whenever i want (cos my place still under renovation) - but ask me to pay up $1.5k of the remainder $1.7k first, he said remainder $200 i can pay them when they make final delivery to me.

i mean, c'mon, did he think everyone else was born yesterday meh...? :curse:

got alot of other stuff we bickered back and forth; like countering my point about their bad rep in forum with claims of jealous competitors n' that their business doing very well.

BUT if it's doing very well, y r they so hard-up for a mere $1.7k in their cashflow? (my mandarin is lousy, so i hope i understood him correctly on this one)

in short, i felt that he was concocting all kinds of stories just to get the remainder payment - even with stories that are irrelevant to the customer and inconsistent.

i.e. if ur business is doing ok/wel with few '00 k of business, u would not be so hard-up for a mere 1.7k in your "cashflow", no?

if i could do it all over again, i would not buy from them.

Are you referring to the designer lamps? If so, Lush sells good designer copies. E.g. Lush also sells the Kartell Bourgie lamp at about $300. The original cost about $600 onwards.

$300 for chong? My friend bought original from Space sale for ~$400+ after 40% off. :rolleyes: Kenna kotok big big..

$300 for chong? My friend bought original from Space sale for ~$400+ after 40% off. :rolleyes: Kenna kotok big big..

Buying a fake Kartell piece is like buying a fake LV bag. So only buy fake Kartell furniture if you are prepared to walk around with fake leather goods.

Edited by SamTheMan

an update for my stuff:

i started out by putting a deposit for the following from Fashion Home (a.k.a. Casa Culture / Innovation Furniture):

1pc x L-shape sofa

1pc x dining table

2pcs x dining chairs

when the glass top (for the dining table) + 2pcs x dining chairs arrived (after i rejected them 1x) - their condition was worse than the first time.

the glass top had many many more white streaks across the surface, when viewed from the top - probably the spray painting job wasn't done well at all.

and the dining chairs were definitely the same 2pcs - with lousy touch-up jobs and finishing.

why?

cos' i recognised the same lousy paint marks - i.e. if someone spray-paints a piece of wood unevenly and leaves it to dry, u will get solidified "drops" of paint "running down".

all this, after my numerous reminders to the the mr. "Ken" to ensure that the stuff MUST be in proper and acceptable condition!

so much for "checking".

and that bloody idiot had the cheek to keep asking me to "trust" him one more time and let them rectify the faults and make another delivery. 8|

i rejected that offer.

after a series of ding-dong and unpleasant teleconversations with "Ken" and "Philip", we reached an agreement for me to pay them the value of that sofa less $50 for my trouble and cancel the rest of the items.

(i.e. i kept the sofa - couldn't find any external faults with it).

at least this **** saga is over for us. :curse:

i jus caution buyers to avoid taking the int free instalment because that wld mean paying UPFRONT your purchase. of cos, you can subsequently cancel with the bank but with their pattern, its not gonna b easy.

anyw i got fr them a sofa in mar09 and guess what, when my mum wanted to get one in aug09, we def did not go back there haha!

i jus caution buyers to avoid taking the int free instalment because that wld mean paying UPFRONT your purchase. of cos, you can subsequently cancel with the bank but with their pattern, its not gonna b easy.

anyw i got fr them a sofa in mar09 and guess what, when my mum wanted to get one in aug09, we def did not go back there haha!

Oh no..my husband and I just purchased some furnitures recently..they say can only deliver in march onwards, due to the upcoming CNY..should I change delivery dates and ask them to deliver earlier?..haiz...should have read this forum first!!..now, i'm really stress! what if they change the company;s name again..will i ever get my stuff? haiz..

Edited by Baby_gergerl

Ok guys just my personal suggestion if you are looking to buy furniture you may want to go to that reputable furniture shop or to those that are with the furniture association (take note that there are 2 furniture associations here in Singapore with one that has stronger power and support from the authorities). Those furniture shops that are the member of the furniture association usually dare not play punk as they may be ban from renewing their membership or if their lease in the building which they operate their shop that is run by the association they may not get to renew their lease. If you suay suay got some problem with them you can try writing an email to the association and they will help to look into the case ( but no guarantee result however it is better than we are left along to fight those unscrupulous furniture boy at least we have an additional source to go to)

Most of the furniture now’s a day are mainly from China that is why you can get very cheap furniture but with sub standard quality at times, however there are furniture still coming in from all over the world but of course it comes with a premium price.

By the way I heard that Home 2 be (closed liao), OM, Life Story, Living Story there maybe some more are all under the group of Nobel anyone can confirm this.

Above is only my personal opinion only as I don’t work for any of the above company.

Hi all,

I have ordered my furnitures from Furniture Collection Centre at Sungei Kadut.

I called up looking for my sales person and they say the he was at another branch. There are some crop ups with the order and so i went to google on the phone number of that branch. It turns out to be from Casa Culture. Do anyone of you know if they are from the same company?

Hi all,

I have ordered my furnitures from Furniture Collection Centre at Sungei Kadut.

I called up looking for my sales person and they say the he was at another branch. There are some crop ups with the order and so i went to google on the phone number of that branch. It turns out to be from Casa Culture. Do anyone of you know if they are from the same company?

yup same same.