Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Finally gt yr keys.. congrats!!

hehe thanks thanks! not really finally, the keys can be collected much earlier in July, but we postpone the collection until this friday! but its so exciting! i cant wait for fri and the weekend to come!!!

:yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Linear Green going to be L.i.v.eless Green? haha..

who stay in 220b 4th floor? hehe.. saw one of my same floor neigbour use bronze tiles.. coolz..

unit just gonna hacking permit approved.. and hacked part of the wall... nw waiting for tiling...

anyone interested in better price curtain.. can look for forumers: flysummer and Ribenaberry.. they gt it from malaysia ppl so is cheaper.. quality wise i not too sure.. but should have gd quality 1 oso.. will pass my contact to them for quotation n etc once my unit is almost done.. Or can go causeway central near custom to ask for quotation.. should be cheaper oso..all from malaysia.. Jimmy Textiles, Teens n tots from Katong all quite steep as compare to them

As for PD door or Bi-folding door is abt the same.. gt gd n bad quality oso.. u pay cheaper u get lousier quality.. act it applies to all.. just whether we accept it anot.. its acceptable for me la.. haha

but maybe don expect too much if u r paying peanuts? :)

but maybe don expect too much if u r paying peanuts? :)

In Singapore context paying peanuts is totally different okay. I stay near NKF aka the 'little peanut house' for the past donkey years....so I don't mind getting paid 'peanuts', heck, as long as I keep my mouth shut and not finger the other people who shared my peanuts, I get a great job earning $20K a month now....(oops, a bit political here).

Regards curtain, was doing mine with the shop at bedok near to KFC and realised that the quality of the material is very important. If you get cheap curtains, lets say day curtain, the material may just break apart after 1 or 2 years due to the sun/washing. Same for night curtain.

The boss there made the curtain the standard industrial height, so in future if I change won't have to incur so much extra $ to make 'custom' ones....lagi good ones can cost around $40 per meter or something...

PS: to bring some life back to LG...next time you past bedok KFC, look out for this sign

kfctranslate.jpg

Edited by Ideasmiths

In Singapore context paying peanuts is totally different okay. I stay near NKF aka the 'little peanut house' for the past donkey years....so I don't mind getting paid 'peanuts', heck, as long as I keep my mouth shut and not finger the other people who shared my peanuts, I get a great job earning $20K a month now....(oops, a bit political here).

is true ma.. to her/them it is peanut... lolz... anyway its nt abt the peanut thingy.. is the cheating of public $$.. du*b charity organsation.. even if they changed the whole managment is still de same lor... wondering where has the infamous golden tap n etc gone to?.. don noe hw much it cost hor.. hmm maybe can install at our hse n c the de diff(maybe gt golden water?)... hahaa..

btw hw much u did for the beta quality curtains? need to c any gd deals ard ant.. hehehe

Edited by yokoyoko

Regards curtain, was doing mine with the shop at bedok near to KFC and realised that the quality of the material is very important. If you get cheap curtains, lets say day curtain, the material may just break apart after 1 or 2 years due to the sun/washing. Same for night curtain.

The boss there made the curtain the standard industrial height, so in future if I change won't have to incur so much extra $ to make 'custom' ones....lagi good ones can cost around $40 per meter or something...

I actually got my curtain from the same shop you mentioned. The cost of the curtain my wife chose is about $32.00 per meter. He just installed it on Friday.

I actually got my curtain from the same shop you mentioned. The cost of the curtain my wife chose is about $32.00 per meter. He just installed it on Friday.

Heard they have another installation in our estate this coming Sat also, was told by the lady when I bought my curtain rods there. Passed the items to my contractor instead to fix them up for me (FOC mah)

Heard they have another installation in our estate this coming Sat also, was told by the lady when I bought my curtain rods there. Passed the items to my contractor instead to fix them up for me (FOC mah)

hi, anyone of u are 4rmer? not too sure of my unit(97sqm) window measurement.. 32bucks per meter.. is roughly hw much for the whole hse? care to share hw much u all did regardless of material quality n etc..

was quoted 1900plus at katong for normal material(2 normal blinds for bedrooms n day/night curtains for living n mbr) n track based... if go for roman blind, and rod based curtains with better quality.. would cost more which is easily 2k plus according to them... or is this market rate for normal n better quality?

Just saw TP chasing red plated car driver(drive so fast.. if kena caught.. i think the driver can pay for the OPC price liao...)

Edited by yokoyoko

hi, anyone of u are 4rmer? not too sure of my unit(97sqm) window measurement.. 32bucks per meter.. is roughly hw much for the whole hse? care to share hw much u all did regardless of material quality n etc..

was quoted 1900plus at katong for normal material(2 normal blinds for bedrooms n day/night curtains for living n mbr) n track based... if go for roman blind, and rod based curtains with better quality.. would cost more which is easily 2k plus according to them... or is this market rate for normal n better quality?

Hi, I am a 4 room-er too. But mine is a 87sqm. Was quoted in Tanjong Katong Shopping Centre for the Roman Blinds for $1,200 w/o GST ($1,284 w/GST). So far this is the cheapest i found.

Hi, I am a 4 room-er too. But mine is a 87sqm. Was quoted in Tanjong Katong Shopping Centre for the Roman Blinds for $1,200 w/o GST ($1,284 w/GST). So far this is the cheapest i found.

icic.. thanks for the info... Roman blinds for all rms? TKSC which shop? :)

Estimated window length is abt 3 metres. So give and take, it shld be ard 12 metres total.

Not too sure how much will whole hse cost since I only got the rods installed.

Just saw TP chasing red plated car driver(drive so fast.. if kena caught.. i think the driver can pay for the OPC price liao...)

Mine is 4rm, I paid $1.2k for curtains. Day and night curtain for MBR and living room, night curtain for the other 2 rooms and aircon window.

Estimated window length is abt 3 metres. So give and take, it shld be ard 12 metres total.

Not too sure how much will whole hse cost since I only got the rods installed.

Mine is 4 room, about $1668 for 4 rooms.

The total cost depends on a few factors,

a) obviously material $, the 'better' the material, the more $

b) but ALSO the dimensions of the raw material, for example, if you choose the $20 ones, some of the size are smaller so you need to stitch a few of them up vertically. if you choose the bigger ones (cost $), then less of them are needed. ie less wastage

c) If you choose the patterns one, then MORE wastage because some patterns (lets say flowers), they have to cut and match when they stitch vertically!

d) If you choose the aluminium rails, less problem. If you choose the wooden ones like my wife, then you need to sew the 'rings' with the velcro, EACH stripe and ring cost $

Most shops would be around $1.9K to $2.3K, but because the bedok one had a sale on the day curtain (around 80% off, ie around $8 per meter), so my quote was cheaper. Also sat down with auntie talk nicely, negotiated that they minus off the item d) by using any 'spare's

Actually for me, i wondered why the heck we need day curtain for some rooms, most of the time we won't be using them.....sight..but scare my boy boy will expose himself to the neighbours acroos at 221B and C...no choice..

Mine is 4rm, I paid $1.2k for curtains. Day and night curtain for MBR and living room, night curtain for the other 2 rooms and aircon window.

1.2k seems reasonable.. guess if yr bedroom curtains changed to Roman Blinds.. will be more exp?

Mine is 4 room, about $1668 for 4 rooms.

The total cost depends on a few factors,

hmmz... thanks for sharing the factors.. :)

Edited by yokoyoko

hello... :dancingqueen:

may i know anyone come across the following items?

cos though of buying some for decorative purposes.

all-color.jpg

thanks.

:yamseng:

Go to the gift and stationary show at suntec now till this Friday, I think Hall 401. Looks like gifts items to me...

Edited by Ideasmiths