Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
r348

Criteria When Looking For Id

For me, these are what I will look for.

1) Their registration date with HDB (http://www.hdb.gov.sg//bn25/isos118p.nsf/List+by+Company?OpenView&Count=15&Start=1&RestrictToCategory=A&CurVal=Company%20Name&SerVal=)

- The older the better. Higher chance that they might not just change their names because the old one's reputation is gone. But that does not mean that new ones may not be honestly new companies.

2) Their carpentry factory should be in-house.

3) ID should work around what YOU want, rather than what he/she feels is nicer. Unless you have no idea at all.

4) Minimum upfront downpayment. Remaining upon completion of work. Those that want almost 90% of payment before completion of work, I will stay out no matter how good that company is. That's because 90% risk is on you whereas 10% is on them only. Do you think they earn less than 10%?

My bro had the experience with his ID that put a padlock to lock him out of the house unless he paid up in full before the completion of the house. He went to complain to CASE and CASE said:" Oh, it's this company again."

All these factors are my own only. It's up to the individual how they feel and what they want from the ID company.

Cheers.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
For me, these are what I will look for...

2) Their carpentry factory should be in-house. ...

how can we find out it is in-house and not sub out? we can only take wat they say wif a pinch of salt.

yeah, can pm me tat company that lock ur bro out too? thks

one more thing to note about being locked out. The police has no case against the ID. This is a loophole which the ID knew about. So even if you report to the police, there is nothing they can do about it because no crime is committed. :dunno:

one more thing to note about being locked out. The police has no case against the ID. This is a loophole which the ID knew about. So even if you report to the police, there is nothing they can do about it because no crime is committed. :dunno:

Hmmz, how could there be no crime committed?? Its clearly a case of mischief! But maybe the police want to taichi lah, cuz michief can be either seizable or civil suit, depend on the situation and damage caused.

Or unless the ID deny that they put the lock then that's another story...

Hmmz, how could there be no crime committed?? Its clearly a case of mischief! But maybe the police want to taichi lah, cuz michief can be either seizable or civil suit, depend on the situation and damage caused.

Or unless the ID deny that they put the lock then that's another story...

haiz, it's not as though we do not know how "efficient" our home team are for cases against common people like us. if you're high profile, case will be solved very very fast.

anyway, just to clarify about the company that locked out my bro, it's actually the sub-con that did it. that's because the main con has a reputation of holding back payments to the sub-cons. that pissed the sub-con off and so they locked the house. the main con then demanded full payment before completion when it was agreed on progress payments to be made upon completion of each stage of works. went to police and small claims tribunal, they said civil case, have to appoint lawyer if want to pursue.

in the end, no choice have to make full payment (which is definitely cheaper than bringing case to court) and prayed for the best. in the end house managed to be completed before wedding day, but of course unhappily lah.

so bottomline, that's the risk of making full payments before completion of works. coz you'll never know if the company may just close down, owner run away, sub-cons do nonsense works.

Why do you say no case when the legal owner of the house is prevented entry by his engaged contractor? :seeya:

Why do you say no case when the legal owner of the house is prevented entry by his engaged contractor? :seeya:

see my above reply.

Got it but sub-con or main-con or whatever con makes no difference. My point is the legal owner of the property must have access to his own dwelling no?

see my above reply.

Got it but sub-con or main-con or whatever con makes no difference. My point is the legal owner of the property must have access to his own dwelling no?

yes, that's why police said civil case, not criminal. so going to court will cost a bomb bigger than the whole reno costs.

Yes it is best to settle amicably among all parties but civil case also case.. that was my only point.

yes, that's why police said civil case, not criminal. so going to court will cost a bomb bigger than the whole reno costs.