Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Mattress Shopping - Any Recommendation

Of course they are good if you don't have argument with them.

I purchase mine on May (haven't delivered yet) because the promise me with their "Price Guarantee" policy, which is just a :curse:

I still think Simmons is a good mattress, but NOT Ackerman & Smith.

Because of the forum policy, I think I can't pour all my anger here. Anyone would like to know more about this company can PM me personally.

Bought my mattress from Ackerman & Smith, had a good experience at their outlet in IFC along Sungei Kadut loop, saw quite a number of bad air on them but I enjoyed my purchase there. Bought Simmons Lakeview plush. Nice and comfy plus, my significant one and myself can't wait to sleep on it...way way better than my current mattress :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Am also using a Latex mattress myself from Getha, affordable and comfortable.

A lot of mattress brands are really hyped up and overpriced. Add this topper and that using esoteric materials and the price goes up by a few thousand. Even for the same brand, there are so many different model names, making it difficult to do a cross comparison. Very dubious marketing tactics employed...

HI owm...

can share where to try or purchase Getha.-=)

how much is urs?

Guest our-home

We're looking to replace our Simmons mattress: queen-size, 8" thick. Saw one in IFC in Sungei Kadut: King Koil, pocketed springs, turn-free. Also looking for 6.5" thick single-size, spring mattress for my teenage daughter.

Was quoted $850 for queen-size and $270 for single-size.

Then I called 2 shops I saw advertised in the Straits Times weekend newspapers.

One at Kallang Pudding quoted $1399 for queen (9"), but minus $100 for old mattress and $339 for single (8"-9").

Another in Yuan Ching Road told me that the thickness I'm looking for is not available for pocketed springs, turn-free.

Lastly, I called a mattress manufacturer at Joo Chiat. He tells me that the thickness no problem, just call 1 week in advance and they'll make the mattresses for me - King Koil brand.

I was quoted $690 for queen (8") and $250 for single (6.5"), inclusive of GST and free delivery.

Anyone has tried ordering from a mattress manufacturer before?

LOBANG FOR YOU

If you are looking for a mattress recently, here is a lobang for you.

I have a Ackerman & Smith $120 voucher for sale. Minimum spending of one Queen size mattress is required. No expiry date. Willing to let go at >30% discount ($80) as I already had a King-sized Simmons bed which I bought from them. Interested please pm me or if you need more information. :)

Here's the scan copy

img0002un8.th.jpg

a good way to decide which mattress u like is to try them out at the various sleep clinics.

and make sure u bounce and roll around them (so good to go early in themorning when no one is up yet)... and lie onthem completely.

i've seen pple sit on them.... or use their hands to press.... which doesnt work.

And must lie for at least 10 mins to decide which one u really like.

i tried the courts sleep clinic...and decided on which one i want...then went to look direct at the dealer's shop in IMM... hee hee.

Went to Ackerman and Smith at IFC today. The sales person was quite nice and patient while serving my partner and I.

We decided on the Simmon's Beautyrest Classic (King Size). With the DBS discount, the mattress still cost slightly more than $4000.

However, the decision was made because we laid on the bed for 15 minutes and did not feel like getting up. In addition, we popped by the King Koil shop after Ackerman, just to look around. The King Koil beds were nowhere close to Simmons'. Neither was the shop assistant, who grudgingly served us.

While the Ackerman SA had bothered to lay the bed nicely for us to try, the King Koil one just pointed at the bed. When I asked if there were softer ones, the King Koil SA exclaimed, "you still want softer??" What I was politely trying to say was that I was looking for something more comfortable than the piece of plastic they call a bed.

Before IFC, we tried Courts. Most looked away and unwilling to serve. The one staff who bothered knew little about the mattresses she was selling, though she tried her best. The best one I saw was a Sealy Castle which cost about $3600. Unfortunately, the bed frames they had did not look very nice.

Anyway, in the end, we got the Simmons mattress from Ackerman with the bed frame for $5600. This includes 2 latex pillows.

i bought queen size matress from courts

brand - silentnight

model - pristine

is this very laupok brand ? =(

not too sure about that partucular model but silentnight is a reputable brand, if the mattress feels alright to you then u are all set! :yamseng:

not too sure about that partucular model but silentnight is a reputable brand, if the mattress feels alright to you then u are all set! :yamseng:

thanks.

I nv do any research before buying =X

just happened to window shopping , then this saleslady manage to convienced us as its part of JP courts re-open promo.

The mattress felt good to me . =X but maybe i haven't try others don't really what is "good" mattress yet

thanks.

I nv do any research before buying =X

just happened to window shopping , then this saleslady manage to convienced us as its part of JP courts re-open promo.

The mattress felt good to me . =X but maybe i haven't try others don't really what is "good" mattress yet

i came across satisfied 5k mattress users as well as satisfied 500 bucks mattress users... mattress shopping is like an art, one man's soft might be another man's firm... :P

Edited by ianthow

Hi have amyone ever purchase this brand mattress Dorma which range from 3k-7k plus ? please share because i have seen this brand in furniture mall and my wife love it too. thanks

Hi have amyone ever purchase this brand mattress Dorma which range from 3k-7k plus ? please share because i have seen this brand in furniture mall and my wife love it too. thanks

Dorma is famous for its bed linen and sheets from England. They might have franchised their brand and their products are manufactured all over the world. I asked a sales where they made their mattress, he mentioned that it is made by contract in Malaysia. I tried their mattress, very comfy but pricy as well.