Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, usually how many days to do a flooring?for living and dining only (4rmflat)

isit possible we stay @ the house when contractor do the flooring?

many many thanks

usually a few days. need to wait for the cement to dry and cannot step on the tiles.

nobody wants to do that......dusty/dirty

i do two toilets (overlay tiles, change toilet bowl and basin, new ss pipping) and plaster a bedroom. i even went away for 13days...also cannot finish..come back to a super dusty and dirty house.

unless you can cordoned off the kitchen and living..from floor to ceiling with thick plastic sheet...maybe still possible to live inside..

Hi Cute elephant,

For your information, the hacking of the existing floor tiles & disposal of the debris & haulages will take at least 2-3 days based on zero hiccups.

Then the delivery of tiles must be right on the dot + zero problems when you open to check every piece of tiles.

Then workmanship must be properly done. Based on methods of laying the tiles either wet / dry method, plus minus, give & take at least 2-3weeks.

So once the flooring is done, the washer will come in & do chemical washing for you, and you need another 1-2 days for the place to dry.

Thru out the entire process, no one stays in the house. Trust me.

Edited by pro2

i do two toilets (overlay tiles, change toilet bowl and basin, new ss pipping) and plaster a bedroom. i even went away for 13days...also cannot finish..come back to a super dusty and dirty house.

unless you can cordoned off the kitchen and living..from floor to ceiling with thick plastic sheet...maybe still possible to live inside..

harr.....even for toilet also so terrible ar.... :bangwall::bangwall:

Hi Cute elephant,

For your information, the hacking of the existing floor tiles & disposal of the debris & haulages will take at least 2-3 days based on zero hiccups.

Then the delivery of tiles must be right on the dot + zero problems when you open to check every piece of tiles.

Then workmanship must be properly done. Based on methods of laying the tiles either wet / dry method, plus minus, give & take at least 2-3weeks.

So once the flooring is done, the washer will come in & do chemical washing for you, and you need another 1-2 days for the place to dry.

Thru out the entire process, no one stays in the house. Trust me.

MAny many thanks for your info, its really useful.

it means only for flooring need 1month, after that carpentry. so at least need 2 month to reno a house?

omg i only hv 1month to move in after get a key :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

firstly i plan do the flooring and toilet next next year because of my tight budget, but after hear from all of you :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

firstly i plan do the flooring and toilet next next year because of my tight budget, but after hear from all of you :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

thot yours is a new hdb unit?

thot yours is a new hdb unit?

ya its a 5year resale flat, actually we not plan to change the flooring but the last owner put a parquet floor in a living room or laminate i dont know what is call.

we plan to take off the laminate floor because im afraid if 5 years already the parquet will hv some insect/cute cute animal.

and the owner said if we take off the laminate parguet floor then the tile will be diffrent colour from living room and dining area :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

sorry for my jungle poor english :(8|

revarnish the parquet can save you lots of money - provided they are parquet.

with additonal coating on it, dont think would have any insects.

Edited by MaCe

revarnish the parquet can save you lots of money - provided they are parquet.

with additonal coating on it, dont think would have any insects.

http://intradesign.com.sg/residential/proj31.htm

the living room floor is like this pic, but my owner put it in whole living room. isit call a parquet or laminate?

is it possible for ants to bring their whole family there bo? or other cute-cute worm? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Do you mean the white colour flooring in the pic? Sorry it looks like tiles to me :unsure:

Not sure abt parquet but laminate flooring is chemical treated wood, no ants or cute cute worm can live in the wood.

Do you mean the white colour flooring in the pic? Sorry it looks like tiles to me :unsure:

Not sure abt parquet but laminate flooring is chemical treated wood, no ants or cute cute worm can live in the wood.

not the white one, but near the living window

only 5 years old...still new lah...can use for another 10 years then u consider to change. to have dust free, maybe u consider to do new laminate loh...

it is super super dusty...from wall to ceiling..to window grill to all skirting...u got to clean whole house...but the renovation contractor will not do for you....

only 5 years old...still new lah...can use for another 10 years then u consider to change. to have dust free, maybe u consider to do new laminate loh...

it is super super dusty...from wall to ceiling..to window grill to all skirting...u got to clean whole house...but the renovation contractor will not do for you....

thats the point, if need to change the tile after5 years it means i will get all the house dusty and very terrible and need to move out to renting again one month. :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

if i change now no need afraid of the dusty thing, but half my budget will gone only for flooring :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

thats the point, if need to change the tile after5 years it means i will get all the house dusty and very terrible and need to move out to renting again one month. :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

if i change now no need afraid of the dusty thing, but half my budget will gone only for flooring :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

if you realli plan to STAY in this new house for a very very long time. then do the flooring, cabinets/toilets/wardrobe all these can do in future. but flooring cannot.