Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
star77

Lcd Tv. Better To Wall Mount Or Not?

didnt know a wall mount bracket is so ex. i have been thinking of getting something like this too, but its way too exxxx...almost half the cost of my tv. hmmm...

actually a normal mount bracket can be had for like $5

http://www.sglook.com/lcdbracket/

or you can get those 'branded' ones at slightly more than $100

the one i like is more expensive as the arm needs to be solid to tahan the weight of the tv

my room is too small for the tv to be in front of my bed

so got to get swivel arm to get a good view :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We mount our tv directly on the wall, no feature wall. No need to spend few $k on feature wall just to hide cables. Anyway, the cables are not that obvious.

We mount our tv directly on the wall, no feature wall. No need to spend few $k on feature wall just to hide cables. Anyway, the cables are not that obvious.

TYM: Possible to show some pictures? Thanks :bow:

Now I also headache. Wanna do feature wall, but saw the drawing from renovator, omg, the laminate is horrible. Now thinking of either ditching the feature wall, or take out this item let other contractor do. :furious:

Edited by hihihi

Now I also headache. Wanna do feature wall, but saw the drawing from renovator, omg, the laminate is horrible. Now thinking of either ditching the feature wall, or take out this item let other contractor do. :furious:

why not use some fancy wallpaper, or decal-ise the feature wall :)

personally i think mounting the tv straight on the wall without a feature wall is a good way to save costs if u are not sold on feature walls (like me)

apple, the important thing that i noticed is not how strong the bracket is sometimes

actually is the installation per se

not that i am against a feature wall but this will be dependent on the size of the area

feature walls can make the area look smaller adn the design can be outdated in like 2-3 years

just my 2 cents

Can click on my link in my signature.

Make sure you get the alignment of the horizon correct...

I prefer to place on table cos of the flexibility when attaching cables or even shifting it around e.g old tv set to be moved to room and place new tv over, etc....

Make sure the brackets are universal so that new sets can be mounted too...dun wan next time your walls got so many holes..

Lastly, I prefer to look down from my sitting position then look up leh...more ergonomic imo. Better for postures and draw line of sight to your table. My 5 cents.

so what did you use to disguise ur cable? i saw a thick white pipe?

it's alright if you hv just the one power cable and maybe a TV antenna cable extending from the back of your TV, but my husband likes to plug in 100-1 things to our LCD so in the end, the stand proved more useful.

so what did you use to disguise ur cable? i saw a thick white pipe?

it's alright if you hv just the one power cable and maybe a TV antenna cable extending from the back of your TV, but my husband likes to plug in 100-1 things to our LCD so in the end, the stand proved more useful.

Not a white pipe, just a white cable casing (those u can buy from ikea to bundle up your computer cables). Inside got tv power supply cable, cable from scv set top box and dvd player. The pionner guys did it for me when they came to install my tv.

Not a white pipe, just a white cable casing (those u can buy from ikea to bundle up your computer cables). Inside got tv power supply cable, cable from scv set top box and dvd player. The pionner guys did it for me when they came to install my tv.

wah the tv guys so good. how did they keep the casing in place i.e not fall down to the floor?

wah the tv guys so good. how did they keep the casing in place i.e not fall down to the floor?

Won't drop lah, it will wrap around the cables. Somemore, I pushed my tv console to hold the casing btw it and the wall.

May i know how to determine where the circle hole to be drill for my LCD TV feature wall for the cable to come out? My contractor refuse to drill for me cos i hv not brought my TV and i dun wad size i going to buy tat time. He say wait for my tv to cme then he will come and drill for me.

Now i had brought my 46" LCD TV, sony ppl is coming to wall mount it next sat. IF they wall mount it they dun hv the hole to run the cable and i hv to dismount the tv and let my contractor to drill the hole. So maifan!!!

Can some1 tell mi the hole is suppose to be drill before or after the TV has cme? Any standard height to be drill to follow? Thanks!!

May i know how to determine where the circle hole to be drill for my LCD TV feature wall for the cable to come out? My contractor refuse to drill for me cos i hv not brought my TV and i dun wad size i going to buy tat time. He say wait for my tv to cme then he will come and drill for me.

Now i had brought my 46" LCD TV, sony ppl is coming to wall mount it next sat. IF they wall mount it they dun hv the hole to run the cable and i hv to dismount the tv and let my contractor to drill the hole. So maifan!!!

Can some1 tell mi the hole is suppose to be drill before or after the TV has cme? Any standard height to be drill to follow? Thanks!!

Different brand of TV got different location for the cables, the best and safe way is drill it in the center. Another solution is to check the TV brand website to know where the cables location and told your contractor about it.

yah... agreed to drill at the center...

mine is philips LCD TV... mounted on a feature wall... the hole for cables running at the center behind the TV