Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gidler

Creating A "little" Home For "little" Ones..

There are quality issues with my toilet tiles, whereby the width of some tiles are smaller than the stated 30cm. As a result, the alignment of my wall tiles doesn't really match up: ( :bangwall::bangwall: )

Common Toilet Feature wall (the swirl tiles are smaller in width compared to the grey tiles)

IMAGE_161.jpg

Master Toilet Feature wall (the grove doesn't really match up)

IMAGE_163.jpg

It's difficult to see from the picture, especially using my lousy handphone camera..

My ID has already requested Hafary to send in another batch to fix the problem. Hoping for the best.

I have the same issue too, and my tiles are from Hafary. My ID told me that that particular shade (i chose 2 shades from the same 'family' of tiles, so shd be same width), it was cut in China. Thus, the difference. :bleah::bleah: My ID told them to get that shade and get it cut in SG where it's really the same width as the lighter shade (which is ok). Then my ID had that whole wall re-hacked and re-tiled.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ya i guess that wld be quite a resonable price for the things u are doing.

really nice design. worth every amt u spent on it :)

i like the wet and dry kitchen concept . :good: very good for entertaining guests..can talk to them while cooking just like those on cooking shows hee..

gidler,

Nice design! Really hope i have the budget to do a revamp, now going to make do and focus only on mbr.

welcome to tampines too, i've not moved there, collecting keys in june and will be moving in july, so most prob be moving in at the same time as you. i notice we're going to be in the same area, i'll be near tampines mart.

I have the same issue too, and my tiles are from Hafary. My ID told me that that particular shade (i chose 2 shades from the same 'family' of tiles, so shd be same width), it was cut in China. Thus, the difference. :bleah::bleah: My ID told them to get that shade and get it cut in SG where it's really the same width as the lighter shade (which is ok). Then my ID had that whole wall re-hacked and re-tiled.

Wah!! Is that a request from you or your ID suggested the re-tiling himself? Maybe I will relate your case to my ID tomorrow and get him to "fix" my wall.. :notti:

gidler,

Nice design! Really hope i have the budget to do a revamp, now going to make do and focus only on mbr.

welcome to tampines too, i've not moved there, collecting keys in june and will be moving in july, so most prob be moving in at the same time as you. i notice we're going to be in the same area, i'll be near tampines mart.

Hello there neighbour.. :yamseng:

You might just bump into me in Tampines mart.. especially in McDonald.. Just look out for 2 stressed parents with 3 rowdy kids.. haha.. :P

haha my hubby mentioned that we can save on the delivery fees for macdonalds now that they're so near us. I'll not be as stressed as you both as i only have a 5 month old >=P

ya i guess that wld be quite a resonable price for the things u are doing.

really nice design. worth every amt u spent on it :)

i like the wet and dry kitchen concept . :good: very good for entertaining guests..can talk to them while cooking just like those on cooking shows hee..

Actually the reno cost is 50% over our initial budget. We thought our budget is comfortable, but not until we start receiving quotes from all the IDs. Talk about inflation in SG... :bleah:

gidler,

yes that's why we decided to cut down a lot on the things to do, after getting all the quotes from IDs to Contractors.

Wah!! Is that a request from you or your ID suggested the re-tiling himself? Maybe I will relate your case to my ID tomorrow and get him to "fix" my wall.. :notti:

Hello there neighbour.. :yamseng:

You might just bump into me in Tampines mart.. especially in McDonald.. Just look out for 2 stressed parents with 3 rowdy kids.. haha.. :P

I told him, bo swee leh, and cannot hide with those corner shelf (for shampoo, etc) coz i happen to have a shower panel there. Then he said he'll get back to me... next thing, he msg me to say if hafary can get the tiles cut in the same width, he will get it retiled. :notti:

You could probably try to hint yr ID. :notti:

The usual good and bad news prevails...

Good news is..

My ID has ordered new tiles from Hafary and ask the tiler to re-tile my common bath feature wall. I was glad that he took his initiative to change it for me.. another brownie points for my ID.. :good:

IMAGE_176.jpg

You can see the tiler hacking off the misaligned tiles and each tile cost S$16.. Ouch!!.. :jawdrop:

My wife and myself made a decision to shorten the width of our kitchen island top from 80cm to 70cm over the weekend as we felt its too huge within a limited space. My ID immediately get to work and re-align my water piping for island sink within the afternoon.. no complains and very accomodating to us.. another brownie points.. :good::good:

IMAGE_177.jpg

Bad news is..

This afternoon, my ID got his plumber to test my pipes for leaks and water pressure. The plumber commented that our water pressure is lower than normal. Our water pressure measurement is 0.5 bar as compared to standard 1 bar. This will affect my rain shower in my master bathroom.. :bangwall::bangwall:

Anybody has similar problem and any resolutions?

Edited by gidler

Will using storage heater solve the problem? my ID told me must use storage heater for rain shower. i havent install mine yet so duno the pressure also..hopefully no problem.

I told him, bo swee leh, and cannot hide with those corner shelf (for shampoo, etc) coz i happen to have a shower panel there. Then he said he'll get back to me... next thing, he msg me to say if hafary can get the tiles cut in the same width, he will get it retiled. :notti:

You could probably try to hint yr ID. :notti:

Haha.. no need to hint.. He has already retiled it for me.. I just tell him I trust his professional judgement in this matter.. ;)

Will using storage heater solve the problem? my ID told me must use storage heater for rain shower. i havent install mine yet so duno the pressure also..hopefully no problem.

The storage heater is already part of our reno items. Well, I certainly hope this will help, if not you will see me as a regular patron to town council.. :P

Hi gidler,

Nice big place you have and great modern contemporary design drawings. Look forward to seeing your reno progress and beautiful final home.

Cheers :)

Hi gidler,

Nice big place you have and great modern contemporary design drawings. Look forward to seeing your reno progress and beautiful final home.

Cheers :)

Hi lifestyle,

Thanks. Usually the drawings looks better than the actual.. haha..

hi

just realised we have exactly the same tiles for the common toilet...:P

Wow!! So you've got any pics to show? :dribble:

Really curious how does it look completed.. Do you find the toilet too dark with the tiles?