Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-nia

Can Ask Agent To Get Com Fr Tenants For Rental?

Hi all

Need your advices..

I m intending to rent out by whole unit of HDB flat, still contemplating whether to get agent to help me rent out or should I do it myself...to save on the com...

I was just thinking if there is such practise as asking agent to get com his/her direct tenant only as I dont wish to pay com to the agent? Anyone done that b4? Whether if agents do accept such agreement?

If I have to pay agent com, I think I will seriously consider doing it myself...in a way it save my com as well as tenant's com?? YES????

And one more thing, if it is a not approved unit..do we have to pay stamp duty????

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all

Need your advices..

I m intending to rent out by whole unit of HDB flat, still contemplating whether to get agent to help me rent out or should I do it myself...to save on the com...

I was just thinking if there is such practise as asking agent to get com his/her direct tenant only as I dont wish to pay com to the agent? Anyone done that b4? Whether if agents do accept such agreement?

If I have to pay agent com, I think I will seriously consider doing it myself...in a way it save my com as well as tenant's com?? YES????

And one more thing, if it is a not approved unit..do we have to pay stamp duty????

i think thats possible ...

i hv one nice agent, pm me if u want his contact

the ideal scenario is: u place an advert, a tenant respond to yr ad directly - both party save on comm. u must know how to prepare tenancy agreement & must make sure the tenant is legal hor..

Its very difficult for an agent to market for you then ask the tenant to pay comm; what happens if the tenant comes with an agent? The tenant will be paying that agent and your agent will have nothing since you are not paying.

So essentially, this agent who will have to find ONLY tenants without agents, so that he can get comm from them. However, this will narrow down your choice of tenants, because most tenants (esp overseas ones) will engage agents to help them as they duno anything.

So in order not to narrow down your choice, you should market the property yourself (by advertisement, even simple posters pasted on the wall, etc) and stated clearly that you will not pay agent's comm. So other than direct tenants, those agents who got tenants and want to close quickly will come to you too.

the ideal scenario is: u place an advert, a tenant respond to yr ad directly - both party save on comm. u must know how to prepare tenancy agreement & must make sure the tenant is legal hor..

Agent also cannot be 100% sure that tenant is legal. If tenant is illegal, it is still the owner resp. to check lor.