Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ianmom

Resurfacing Kitchen Cabinet Door

I need help to have a few recommendation company to resurface my kitchen cabinet door. everything is fine except the door is 'balloon". its expensive to change everything and i hope it to cut cost by just replacing the door. I only have about 6 doors 3 drawers face to change.

Greatly appreciate.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My understanding is so long the carcass (ie skeletal frame) of the Kitchen Cabinets is in good condition. You can choose to re-laminate the colour and change the doors at approximately 40% cost of a new one plus minus. Because the measurement must be precise due to the existing structure, a top notch carpenter is very important.

My understanding is so long the carcass (ie skeletal frame) of the Kitchen Cabinets is in good condition. You can choose to re-laminate the colour and change the doors at approximately 40% cost of a new one plus minus. Because the measurement must be precise due to the existing structure, a top notch carpenter is very important.

i cannot consider relaminate the surface because the water gets into the door and cause it to balloon (expand). but my cabinet inside is ok. Changing whole kitchen cabinet means ard $5K, which is alot.

the previous company who do my kitchen closed down but I remember my cabinet is modular system, something like ikea. And if I just change those affected doors (only 2 doors), nobody even wants to entertain me. :bangwall: that's why I think of changing all doors for bottom cabinet but i do not know who do such job. This is a small job, i called a few contractors but they don't do just capentery job. :(

Edited by ianmom

Resurfacing of existing laminated door is not practical. U need to use thinner to remove the laminates.

just bring your doors, together with the attached hinges to the contractor. If only 1 pc of door, it is cheaper to use their remaining laminate instead of buying a new pc of 4' x 8' laminate

maybe check with Sie furniture at Yishun or Thung Interior at Ubi.

i cannot consider relaminate the surface because the water gets into the door and cause it to balloon (expand). but my cabinet inside is ok. Changing whole kitchen cabinet means ard $5K, which is alot.

the previous company who do my kitchen closed down but I remember my cabinet is modular system, something like ikea. And if I just change those affected doors (only 2 doors), nobody even wants to entertain me. :bangwall: that's why I think of changing all doors for bottom cabinet but i do not know who do such job. This is a small job, i called a few contractors but they don't do just capentery job. :(

you door "balloon""?? then most probably the door is a chipped board door lor.. try contact my carpenter Mr Lau 97680883 , he do servicing like replacing door and tops ..a nice guy with experience