Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
huabaobao

1 Tip On New Aircon Testing

Hi all,

just wanna share this info with you, if you didn't already know it.

After you installed your new aircon, those system3/4 type, remember to test each window unit seperately.

Here is what happens to my system3 installed late last year. I tested all three window units (in 3 rooms) together for half hour and every room is cooled, also the window unit seems functioning properly. Later since for the first a few months it's just me and my wife living in the new flat, we only use the unit in MB. Until recently my parents-in-law came to help take care of our new born babe. Then we found the aircon in common room not blow cool air, just normal air. So I called up manufacturer, and their technician came. After some test he told me that the control circuit of the two common rooms are mixed. So when I tried to operate aircon in one common room, the cold gas went to the other room. And because the other room's window unit is not open, the cold gas frozen and made ice around the copper tube. He said the ice hasn't damaged the unit or the pipe but I'm not sure, can only hope for the best.

I cant believe the installer from A**BEST could make such stupid mistake. And I am also not careful to test each room seperately.

Other bad experience with this A**BEST:

When I called them about the faulty aircon on friday, they said they'll ask manufacturer's technician to contact me next monday. But after a whole week there's no1 calling. when I called them again, they asked me to call the manufacturer's support center myself. So I called and was told nobody reported my case. Fortunately the manufacturer's support is fast the technician came the 3rd day and solved the problem.

The A**BEST installation guy was very dishonest and poor mannered. When he came to install the aircon, he didn't cover the floor and all the dust/debris from drilling holes on the wall spreaded on our parquet floor. He also try to use thinner water pipe other than what the salesman at their office specially advertised that they'll use the thicker ones to guarrantee no blocking. Fortunately I found out and called up his office immediately then he had to change to the correct ones.

Also when I purchace the aircon from A**BEST, they said there'll be a free electrical water pot as gift. At the day of installation, the installer did bring one, but it's damaged! So I asked him to change a new one for me, and called up the salesman (name is Roy sth) who confirmed will send a new one. But you may guessed it, never heard of it again.

All in all, A**BEST gives me very bad experience and I suggest everybody try avoid buying air-con from them.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I encounter BAD service from them. We asked for a Class 0 totaline material, BUT on the day of the installation, the workers bought along Class 1 material, which is the cheaper ones. Called the Salesman who wrote on the invoice as CLASS O and he try to give all sort of excuses, in the end, after I treaten to take them to CASE, he agreed to give me the CLASS 0 totaline as per invoice.

GUESS WHAT... As the worker did not bring along the right material (CLASS 0), we were advised to make another appointment date to install the piping. THAT means 2 weeks for the 1st time, and now another 2 weeks of wait because of HIS MISTAKE that the wrong material was bought..TOTAL of 4 weeks to do up the PIPING.... give me the reason that all the schedule are packed...

GUYS, you might want to be there during the installation date to make sure that they don’t cheat on you on the material...be it on purpose or not...which unfortunately happens to me...

HAI, this kind of customer service really cannot make it... :(

I encounter BAD service from them. We asked for a Class 0 totaline material, BUT on the day of the installation, the workers bought along Class 1 material, which is the cheaper ones. Called the Salesman who wrote on the invoice as CLASS O and he try to give all sort of excuses, in the end, after I treaten to take them to CASE, he agreed to give me the CLASS 0 totaline as per invoice.

GUESS WHAT... As the worker did not bring along the right material (CLASS 0), we were advised to make another appointment date to install the piping. THAT means 2 weeks for the 1st time, and now another 2 weeks of wait because of HIS MISTAKE that the wrong material was bought..TOTAL of 4 weeks to do up the PIPING.... give me the reason that all the schedule are packed...

GUYS, you might want to be there during the installation date to make sure that they don’t cheat on you on the material...be it on purpose or not...which unfortunately happens to me...

HAI, this kind of customer service really cannot make it... :(

as for mine, they also bring the wrong CLASS 1....i told the technician and he called back to his office to check. After confirm they bring the wrong 1, one of the technician drove all the way back to warehouse to bring the CLASS 0. heng ah..i check.

yes, they drill and drill and all rooms in the house get so dirty, we are prepared for it, bought plastic sheet to cover and cover....they only instal, they dun sweep or clean

Don't mind you share with us what is your air-con brand?

Hi all,

just wanna share this info with you, if you didn't already know it.

After you installed your new aircon, those system3/4 type, remember to test each window unit seperately.

Here is what happens to my system3 installed late last year. I tested all three window units (in 3 rooms) together for half hour and every room is cooled, also the window unit seems functioning properly. Later since for the first a few months it's just me and my wife living in the new flat, we only use the unit in MB. Until recently my parents-in-law came to help take care of our new born babe. Then we found the aircon in common room not blow cool air, just normal air. So I called up manufacturer, and their technician came. After some test he told me that the control circuit of the two common rooms are mixed. So when I tried to operate aircon in one common room, the cold gas went to the other room. And because the other room's window unit is not open, the cold gas frozen and made ice around the copper tube. He said the ice hasn't damaged the unit or the pipe but I'm not sure, can only hope for the best.

I cant believe the installer from A**BEST could make such stupid mistake. And I am also not careful to test each room seperately.

Other bad experience with this A**BEST:

When I called them about the faulty aircon on friday, they said they'll ask manufacturer's technician to contact me next monday. But after a whole week there's no1 calling. when I called them again, they asked me to call the manufacturer's support center myself. So I called and was told nobody reported my case. Fortunately the manufacturer's support is fast the technician came the 3rd day and solved the problem.

The A**BEST installation guy was very dishonest and poor mannered. When he came to install the aircon, he didn't cover the floor and all the dust/debris from drilling holes on the wall spreaded on our parquet floor. He also try to use thinner water pipe other than what the salesman at their office specially advertised that they'll use the thicker ones to guarrantee no blocking. Fortunately I found out and called up his office immediately then he had to change to the correct ones.

Also when I purchace the aircon from A**BEST, they said there'll be a free electrical water pot as gift. At the day of installation, the installer did bring one, but it's damaged! So I asked him to change a new one for me, and called up the salesman (name is Roy sth) who confirmed will send a new one. But you may guessed it, never heard of it again.

All in all, A**BEST gives me very bad experience and I suggest everybody try avoid buying air-con from them.

Don't mind you share with us what is your air-con brand?

I didn't mention it coz I think it's not relevant to the topic. But since you asked, the aircon I bought is a Toshiba. So far all good. The service technician was from Carrier. Probably they contract their repair and tech support to Carrier.