Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tpwong

Reno - Steps To Follow

Hi,

I have a few que to ask on reno. Sorry if my que is a repetition that other people have asked before.

From what I understand, before doing reno we need to sprinkle salt at the four corners of the house. I have heard too many different versions of the methods so to clarify.

My ques are:

1. Do you need to select an auspicious date/time to do so?

2. Anyone need to be absent in order to avoid clashes?

3. Do we use salt mix with rice or salt mix with green bean or salt mix with rice and tea leaves? There are too may schools of thought

4. To avoid dirtying the floor, can I put a piece of newspaper with salt/rice and place them at four corners?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I have a few que to ask on reno. Sorry if my que is a repetition that other people have asked before.

From what I understand, before doing reno we need to sprinkle salt at the four corners of the house. I have heard too many different versions of the methods so to clarify.

My ques are:

1. Do you need to select an auspicious date/time to do so? - open door you might not need, but house moving is a must

2. Anyone need to be absent in order to avoid clashes? - best is only the ones staying in the house to be present only

3. Do we use salt mix with rice or salt mix with green bean or salt mix with rice and tea leaves? There are too may schools of thought - for me, i use 5 colour beans and salt, pineapple too.

4. To avoid dirtying the floor, can I put a piece of newspaper with salt/rice and place them at four corners?

- i think this is unneccessary, as during renovation, it will be dirty anyway.

from what i know. hope it helps.

I just went to see the FS. The master said it is unnecessary to put salt+rice for us because we don't intend to hack the floor. Is it true? Can anyone comment on this? Btw, what is the purpose/meaning of sprinkling salt+rice?

I just went to see the FS. The master said it is unnecessary to put salt+rice for us because we don't intend to hack the floor. Is it true? Can anyone comment on this? Btw, what is the purpose/meaning of sprinkling salt+rice?

According to some books, it serves as a cleanse or blessing ceremony thingy. And usually, it is only used for resale purchase or old house - just to wand off "unnecessary" CHI. For new unit, I don't think it is necessary. Hope my 2-cent book-based info helps!