Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eudora

Where To Go For Cheap Furnitures?

I am redoing my bedroom and I am only looking at around 2-3 years before moving to a new place... where should I go to get cheap furnitures since my timeline is a lot shorter? I went to Furniture Mall at beach road, find their stuff above my budget liao... Ikea is within budget but somehow I wonder about its quality in material...

All that I need are...

1) Wardrobe (4m long, comparable to the Ikea Pax sliding door one)

2) Queen bed frame (low with a little of border around the side)

3) low coffee table (plain simple ones like in ikea will do...)

4) A sofa bed (I am eyeing on the leather one in Barang Barang which is on sale at the moment)

Mainly this 4 major items...

Where can get similar design wardrobe like in Ikea but of a better quality?

:dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Make your way to Morris Lifestyle first.... :good:

Let us know if it doesnt suit you har ... so we can recommend a few more..

Oh yes ... also wanna add Defu, Silver River, Mesin... these are reasonable outlets too..

Edited by nets

Oh yes ... also wanna add Defu, Silver River, Mesin... these are reasonable outlets too..

how about furniture warehouse?

how about furniture warehouse?

The design available there seemed dated and not a lot of variety.. maybe cos I'm looking at modern/ contemporary...

Mmm.. taking into consideration that they already doing lots of customised furniture and carpentery stuffs.. no surprises that they "slipped" into the ID biz too :) Wonder customers of their ID services will have better rates for the furnitures too...

Agree that Morris has some nice designs, I fell in love with one of the sofa at the higher level showroom, but it has a whopping 3k+ price tag.. I couldn't bear to spend so much on a sofa so I gave it a miss.

Do beware of Silver River though, it has a notorious reputation in another forum. Anyway i still went ahead to their showroom just to look at their products, and I witnessed it myself the same scenario as described in the forum. The customer was complaining so loudly that i need not have to eavesdrop :bleah: Apparently, all items on the order were delivered wrongly more than once, she demanded a refund but the sales lady refused and her attitude wasn't apologetic at all, or should i say she couldn't care less. The customer threatened to go CASE and she just said smthg like go ahead blah blah blah... So just be careful

dont mine me asking

why will you want re-do your room , knowing that you going to move ? or do you plan to move the furnitures over?

HI, your $3k plus is before or after the 15% GSS discount ???

i went before the GSS starts.. been shopping for sofa for months :P

Edited by frostyflake

i went before the GSS starts.. been shopping for sofa for months :P

I bought mine during the GSS. Save a couple of hundred dollars. :D Have you bought your idea sofa after so long? Looking forward to see your sofa leh :dribble: Actually, I dont think morris's furniture is cheap compared to Defu, Mesin, Silver River or even Furniture Warehouse. However, I think it is value for money considering the type of furnishing they sell which is comparable to Space and Mondi. Good replica of designer stuff are avail at the upper floor (can give the first floor a miss cos it is a rather waste of time unless you looking for mattress/bed). My half cents worth of thought :P