Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wackoyacky

Suggestion On Buying A 4 System Aircon

Hi Guys,

Currently looking for system 4 inverter aircon to replace our current system 3 aircon. Had narrow down my choices from Mitshubishi and Toshiba. As for the dealer, based from what I've read from most of the post, it seems that Gain City has the least problem on the installation. Hong Tar seems to have good reputation too but I don't know their showroom to check with their prices, and do they also give 0% interest on installment?

I did get the formula to get the recommend BTU per room, but looking on our floor plan i dunno what were the measurements used, so basically right now I'm assuming that I should looking for 3x9,000 BTU since most of the rooms are of the same sizes and practically not that big then 1x15,000 above BTU for outdoor which basically comprises the living and dining room. The entire unit is 98sqm, do you think my assumption would suffice?

It has came to my attention also that Mitshubishi Electric is totally different from Mitshubishi Heavy Industries. Most people recommend Mitshubishi, but from which company?

Have been checking coolserve website, and it seems that most of their system 4 aircon would cost around 4k and above including the bracket. While I checked Gain City in Marina Sq, Mitshubishi is around 3.7k not including the bracket. And they will dismantle the old system for free if we give them the old system. Are the prices reasonable?

Another concern of mine is that currently our compressor is placed INSIDE our service balcony, so I was wondering if they would additionally charge us since now the new compressor will be placed outside?

Thanks in advance. Any other suggestions, recommendations or inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Enzo

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Purchased my air-con from Hong Tar. Cash terms only. Their website is www.hongtar.com.sg.

Mitsubishi Starmex by Mitsubishi Electric. The celebrity spokeperson is Jack Neo.

Not aware of the size of your living and dining area, but you might wish to note that the size of the FCU of 18,000 BTU is the same as that of the 9,000 BTU, which is a plus for aesthetics.

You will also need to consider what insulator and size are they providing for the quoted price.

There are other threads on air-con in this forum which I find very informative and worthwhile to go through.

Thanks for the input, actually I have read a lot of post from this forum as far as year 2006 though still a bit unclear especially on those insulator and copper things.

I guess for now my best bet would be to go to Gain City since they offer deferred payment at 0% interest.

As I didn't get any feedback or suggestion anymore, I just went ahead and purchase a System 4 Toshiba from Gain City Marina Square.

3x9,000 BTU

1x22,000 BTU

1x34,000 BTU (compressor)

---------------------------------

$3,399 plus

upgrade to 1/2" Armaflex insulation - $150

upgrade copper to 22 - $80

bracket - $150

additional 4 yrs warranty - $439

TOTAL DAMAGE : $4,218

I dunno if I got a good or bad deal.