Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jpcc

Do You Cover Your (external Air Con) Compressor

I changed my air con recently.

My previous flat owner used a piece of vinyl sheet to cover the top of the compressor.

I.e. some sort of a hat to protect the top and some parts of the side of the compressor

such that it is not exposed to direct sun and rain.

What do you think?

Is it feasible or recommended? (seeing that the air con cables are exposed to external environment,

should we pamper it slightly by covering some heat insulating/ water proof sheet on the compressor?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The compressor's casing is built for outdoor used and there is no problems for it to be located in the open.

Moreover, it is supposed to be ventilated (hence also why its out in the open) to circulate hot/cold air; by covering it with a non-permeable object will obstruct the airflow.

the most I would do is to do a triangle thing put on top of the aircon. Not to protect the aircon, but to reduce the noise level during rain, so that rain hits as at an angle instead of onto the flat surface... otherwise *tuck* *tuck* *tuck* *tuck* *tuck* *tuck* can drive me crazy.

I like the idea of "do a triangle thing" - my upstairs neighbour's aircon unit drips non stop on mine, making that noise! What material would be ideal, and how to best mount it? Any suggestions, anyone? THank you very much.

I like the idea of "do a triangle thing" - my upstairs neighbour's aircon unit drips non stop on mine, making that noise! What material would be ideal, and how to best mount it? Any suggestions, anyone? THank you very much.

the most I would do is to do a triangle thing put on top of the aircon. Not to protect the aircon, but to reduce the noise level during rain, so that rain hits as at an angle instead of onto the flat surface... otherwise *tuck* *tuck* *tuck* *tuck* *tuck* *tuck* can drive me crazy.

what the triangle thing? picture to see?