2) kitchen floor tiles (homo) ($2.80 max) - $950

3) 2 toilet floor tiles (homo) ($2.80 max)- $1100

4) install 2 toilet bowls (no bowl inc) - $200

5) install 2 basins (no basins inc) - $80

6) 2 bifold door (PVC) - $520

7) polish marble - $850

8) polish parquet - $300

9) install copper pipe for 2 toilets - $380

10) electrical - $400 (4 2-way socket pts, 1 2-button switch + 8 lights)

11) hack off and remove (all hacking and haulage) - $1200

Contractor B - 2.5 hrs late for my appointment and 2 days late in giving me quotation

1) All hacking inc floor tiles and platform (dunno inc haulage) - $1340

2) kitchen floor tiles + 2 toilet floor tiles (homo) ($2.20 max) - $1540

3) kitchen ceramic wall tiles + toilet ceramic wall tiles ($2.20 max) - $4700

3) supply n install 2 toilet bowls with slow closing cover + 2 basins with tap - $1250

4) supply n install 2 bifold door - $380

5) electrical - $100 (4 2-way socket pts, 1 2-button switch + 8 lights)

6) polish marble - $895

7) polish parquet - $270

8) install stainless steel pipe for 2 toilets - $480

cost almost the same. scratching my head as which one to choose.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
It's not about the price.

hi

erm, if you were me, which contractor will you choose? both about the same leh..

hi

erm, if you were me, which contractor will you choose? both about the same leh..

hi,

i am in my final stage of my price nego with the contractor for my renovation, my 2 cents worth;

a) you should have a price in your mind, do some homework to search around the forum to compute the average price of those items you intented to do. bare in mind that those pricing you see in this forum dun know how real coz some price i saw are impossible to fetch (too cheap), so you need to be more realistic.

get more few quote from other contractors so you have more to compare. id are much more expensive than contractor for sure.

when you finally decided what you wanted, then bargain with the contractor and most likely will have to meet half way and have a win win deal.

b) ask to visit their newly renovated sites so that you can check their workmanship.

c) ask to visit their suppilers to view the tiles they will proivde, material that will be proivde for the carpentry.

d) find out what is included and what is not, coz these are hidden cost, e.g electrial, i think the industry pratice is to quote & bill separately from the main list.

e) when perparing the final quotation list, make very sure all the detail of each item is stated clearly in the list, this is to prevent any dispute in future. from the list you posted above, it is too brief liao. every single items must be listed out.

hope this info help. cheer.

my thread on my renovation : http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14501

hey man dont just judge by the price (cover) because there can be hidden costs crawling up ur bill later

do a little bit of research read recommendations, choose companies that have been doing these for quite a number of years, because these companies are those which wont jeopardize a few thousands for ruining their name

my 2 cents :) good luck bro