Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Dogs, Laminate Flooring And Homogenous Tiles

We will be keeping 2 dogs with us in the future but due to budget constraint, we are considering doing laminate flooring for the 3x bedrooms in our 4 room flat.

anyone keeps dogs and have laminate floorings? any problems if they dogs pee on the laminate floor?

yes i know we should train the dogs but mistakes happens and they might not be familiar with where to pee in the new house after we move in. they currently know that they should only pee in the yard or in our toilet but we're afraid it may take some time to retrain them in the new environment....

also, we're thinking of using white homo tiles for our flooring, are homo tiles easy to stain? same thing here.. afraid of dogs pee staining the tiles.

any advice is appreciated.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i found some online articles stating that laminate will have problems if u leave pools of water on it over long periods of time. so i guess i have the answer for the laminate flooring....

now anyone has any idea about white homo tiles? do they stain easily? particularly by dog pee?

i also have 2 dogs...

for my new house, i have white homo anti-stain tiles...and parquet for all bedrooms...

i think should not be a problem....

in my old house, there were times when we only saw the pee on the parquet days later..hehe...but so far no issues...

i also keep a dog. no worries.

normal matt homo tiles and bedrooms are all laminates..

dog ever pee on the laminate flooring while i was sleeping.. seems alrite..

honestly.. i think its just part and parcel of keeping dogs..

both wife and myself think.. worst case off is every 10years reno 1 time. lol...

beats upgrading and upgrading.. lol..

i also keep a dog. no worries.

normal matt homo tiles and bedrooms are all laminates..

dog ever pee on the laminate flooring while i was sleeping.. seems alrite..

honestly.. i think its just part and parcel of keeping dogs..

both wife and myself think.. worst case off is every 10years reno 1 time. lol...

beats upgrading and upgrading.. lol..

haiz my WTB very scared of this and that one so she die die dun wan laminate in our bedroom. but do homo for master + living then laminate for 2 other rooms will be **** weird right?

sometimes i also dunno how. weighing budget vs looks vs practical. we only have so much money but we have so many requirements... haizzz headacheeeee

haiz my WTB very scared of this and that one so she die die dun wan laminate in our bedroom. but do homo for master + living then laminate for 2 other rooms will be **** weird right?

sometimes i also dunno how. weighing budget vs looks vs practical. we only have so much money but we have so many requirements... haizzz headacheeeee

Sounds wierd to me. but really depends on you all. Everyone has different requirements.

me also have this combi = laminate + 2 dogs + homo + 1 lazy bumbum :P

my dogs always like to mark places so at times i clean like mad but i think not very much of a big problem if you clean throughly..

if all homo also ok ma..initially wanted to do all homo but due costs (cos laminate can overlay, if homo got to hack existing) we choose only homo for living & kitchen and laminate for rooms.. :yamseng:

Sounds wierd to me. but really depends on you all. Everyone has different requirements.

haha i also find it weird so end up have to just go for all homogeneous which will cost a bomb.