Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokoyoko

Recommended Ryokan Wif Osen Near Mt Fuji

If u dun intend to take overnight bus from kyoto to tokyo and would consider to take bullet train, then u can consider to buy a JR pass 28300yen from JTB at Takashimaya.

7days unlimited travel on bullet trains and JR trains (except nozomi line). for the total of 8 days, you may use it from 2nd day to 8th day...then u can take 3000yen narita express airport train (JR company) from tokyo city to airport.

not sure about your budget per pax, i give rough estimate : airticket $1000 (SQ) + JR pass $365 + non JR transport $50+ acccom $500 (budget $70 per pax per night) + food $300 + disney day $150 + shopping $500

about 3k per pax.

there is one tori gate in the sea at Miyajima....dun think u got time to go.

since u got time contraints, advice to get hotel close to train station, so u save time locating it and not get lost.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
If u dun intend to take overnight bus from kyoto to tokyo and would consider to take bullet train, then u can consider to buy a JR pass 28300yen from JTB at Takashimaya.

7days unlimited travel on bullet trains and JR trains (except nozomi line). for the total of 8 days, you may use it from 2nd day to 8th day...then u can take 3000yen narita express airport train (JR company) from tokyo city to airport.

not sure about your budget per pax, i give rough estimate : airticket $1000 (SQ) + JR pass $365 + non JR transport $50+ acccom $500 (budget $70 per pax per night) + food $300 + disney day $150 + shopping $500

about 3k per pax.

there is one tori gate in the sea at Miyajima....dun think u got time to go.

since u got time contraints, advice to get hotel close to train station, so u save time locating it and not get lost.

hey Jane, i i onli taking one way bullet train just to experience the ride.. should not cost 28300yen rite? so is it more worth it to buy this pass so i can use it for other trains in japan? From kyoto to toyko

nw i already gt 2 hotels booked.. one is sheraton miyako at osaka n the other 1 is narita port hotel(far from toyko city.. so going 2 cut short the stay there).. booked these 2 hotels cos my wife gt special rate.. so taking advanatge of it.. haha

i will 1 to book a ryokan n maybe 1 more hotel in kyoto is i staying there a night...

any suggestion? thanks :)

Edited by yokoyoko

meaning u not going to hakone or lake kawaguchiko??..

u add up your transport cost loh..and see if worth it or not..

i will 1 to book a ryokan n maybe 1 more hotel in kyoto is i staying there a night...

i am more of a budget traveller...so i dun stay in hotel most of the time when i am in japan. cant help much on accomodation. but near kyoto station has one nice hotel.

u taking express train from kansai airport to osaka city? think it is about 3000yen...or u can take normal train..think can save half....

dun buy JR pass also can....one ride from kyoto to tokyo is 12000yen, travelling from kansai airport to osaka city...then to kyoto...then to tokyo...to hakone and back...to narita....should be 23000yen ba...

meaning u not going to hakone or lake kawaguchiko??..

u add up your transport cost loh..and see if worth it or not..

I mean the JR pass can use for Bullet train n the JR train onli? the rest of the train transports will not be applicable?

i intend to stay in the ryokan in hakone.. which is near to Mt Fuji and can c the view from there? if not, do u have any recommendation that is near to Mt Fuji so i can maybe make a brief hike there?

i don think i going to the lake kawaguchiko.. unless is fascinating.. hehe

u can see mt fuji from many direction and prefectures. Can see from kawaguchiko, can see from Hakone.

hakone has many onsen hotel or ryokan with views of mt fuji (if u are lucky for clear sky). you may surf the net for more info..per pax would be at least 15000yen.

Japan Railway is a company that operates train, bus, ferries. The JR pass can be used on trains operated by JR, and we call it JR train, JR lines. There are also private lines, metro, subway which JR pass cannot be used. But as the JR pass is expensive, you got to calculate if it is worth it, or jus simply pay as you ride when u are there.

hakone has many museum, art gallery and even a tin toy museum. also natural sightseeing (smelly sulphur) and more than 5 diff modes transport to sight see the whole of hakone. But you need to buy a hakone day pass to make it worth.

From tokyo, at shinjuku, you may opt for Odakyu company for the train + 2 day pass for your overnight stay at hakone.

woo..

jane.. thanks for all the info... can migrate to japan liao..haha.. will find out more on the net...

have a nice weekend!! and Applefreak.. thanks too... :yamseng:

you are welcome. migrating to japan? hmm..did cross my mind before..to migrate to mountainous area and operate a small minshuku. haha...i jus love japan and the only way to embrace is to go free and easy.

you are welcome. migrating to japan? hmm..did cross my mind before..to migrate to mountainous area and operate a small minshuku. haha...i jus love japan and the only way to embrace is to go free and easy.

sound a gd idea..hhee.. another question.. from OSAKA to KYOTO.. how long is train ride? an hour? that mean actually we can stay in OSAKA but visit KYOTO in the day.. den from OSAKA to HARONE n TOYKO?

Thanks

sound a gd idea..hhee.. another question.. from OSAKA to KYOTO.. how long is train ride? an hour? that mean actually we can stay in OSAKA but visit KYOTO in the day.. den from OSAKA to HARONE n TOYKO?

Thanks

osaka to kyoto : using local train, no need bullet train, 30mins about 500yen

if u only visit kyoto one or 2 days, then it is ok to stay at osaka. but u can also choose to stay kyoto, saving time and transport cost.

osaka to hakone : using bullet train at least 16000yen and change 2 trains.

from hakone to tokyo : using bullet train at least 5000 yen

cost saving : use overnight bus from kyoto to tokyo. stay few nights at tokyo. then use a odakyu hakone 2 day + 2 way pass 5500yen to go hakone for 2 D 1 N...then back to tokyo again. saving at least 8000yen.

if u only visit kyoto one or 2 days, then it is ok to stay at osaka. but u can also choose to stay kyoto, saving time and transport cost.

cost saving : use overnight bus from kyoto to tokyo. stay few nights at tokyo. then use a odakyu hakone 2 day + 2 way pass 5500yen to go hakone for 2 D 1 N...then back to tokyo again. saving at least 8000yen.

WOw.. thanks for the tips.. now i guess cost saving is more impt... think i might skip the bullet train liao.. haha

i stayed at youth hostel at hakone http://hakone.syuriken.jp/hakone/

told you before i am a budget traveller. hehe

you may try to look at a japan map to have an ideal where actually is osaka, kyoto, hakone and tokyo. then you will decide on your travelling direction. it is easier this way...

do surf the Japan Railway website for info on travelling via trains.

you may use this for timetable and cost of JR train.

http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

i stayed at youth hostel at hakone http://hakone.syuriken.jp/hakone/

told you before i am a budget traveller. hehe

you may try to look at a japan map to have an ideal where actually is osaka, kyoto, hakone and tokyo. then you will decide on your travelling direction. it is easier this way...

do surf the Japan Railway website for info on travelling via trains.

you may use this for timetable and cost of JR train.

http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

yup.. i saw this site that u stay before... worth considering.. hehe

Found this hyperdia site oso.. veri useful to gauage distance, time n routes.. thanks!

Going there at the end of the month.. now figuring out the transportation cost.. de rest i had cal.. 300plus for accomodation, 160 for theme parks(USJ and DL/DS).

Need yr valuable advice on my final itinerary from OSAKA to TOKYO.. please give me guidance on the most economical mode of transport and the cost if possible and any wrong planning.. Thanks in advance.. It will be long.. please bear with me..

Day 1: arrived at Kansai Airport at ard 0835H after all the checking out.. i will take the skt shutle(100 yen) to Rinku Premier Outlet(Rinku Town) for a short shopping. Then to Checking Sheraton Miyako Hotel at Tanimachi9-chome/JR Uehommachi station. Then we will move to OKASA castle follow by Dotonbori, Shinsaibashi, Den Den & Amerikamura at namba.

Day 2:will be Univeral studio or Osaka Aquarium follow by Floating Garden Observatory (Umeda Sky Building) and uemda area to shop.

Day 3: Will travel to Kyoto: Kiyomizu Temple(East) and Kinkakuji(West) before returning to hotel and take a night bus to Mt Fuji Area(Kawaguchiko sta).. Need advice on how to get from OSAKA to KYOTO and Kawaguchiko sta? (any english site to book ticket in advance?) by night bus.. save cost :)

Day 4: Stay one night at one of the Mt Fuji inn.. will get direction on how to travel to the 5th station at Mt Fuji from the staff there..

Day 5: From Mt Fuji to Tokyo.. checking hotel at Hatagaya(Shinjuku).Any place to visit in shinjuku? like shopping or etc..

Day 6: 1 day @ Disney land/sea or Sanio land..

Day 7: Go shopping ard at GINZA(blue label), tokyo tower, Shinbuya, Harakjuku(100 yen shop).. any other things to do there?

Day 8: Sumida cruise ride to Asakusa and Sensoji temple... how to get to the pier to take the boat ride?? back to hotel and return to NARita airport.. and home..

Thanks a million!

Day 1: arrived at Kansai Airport at ard 0835H after all the checking out.. i will take the skt shutle(100 yen) to Rinku Premier Outlet(Rinku Town) for a short shopping. Then to Checking Sheraton Miyako Hotel at Tanimachi9-chome/JR Uehommachi station. Then we will move to OKASA castle follow by Dotonbori, Shinsaibashi, Den Den & Amerikamura at namba.

Seems alot on Day 1. Unless u are very discipline to keep to your timing if u wan to accomplish all. But give and take lah...u cant spend whole day at premier outlet...Are you sure that you will bear to leave Rinku Premier Outlet after shopping for 3hrs only? hehe..normally i spend about 4 hours..frankly...there is nothing much to buy also....

2hrs at premier outlet...train to town for hotel..plus checking in..fill up form, make payment, LUNCH + BATH + settle in hotel, by the time u ready for osaka castle..i think 2pm liao..quick visit to osaka castle...then quick quick subway to shinsaibashi..(remember to visit the Uniqlo)..that LONG LONG LONG shopping street will take 4 hrs to complete with very selective shops to go in.....remember to eat JAPAN No.1 TAKO PACHI in a paper boat near dotoburi...since u take overnight flight...u will be tired with all the walking...

remember to rest early as this is ONLY 1st day of your nippon trip..not sure u can continue till 9pm...

Day 2:will be Univeral studio or Osaka Aquarium follow by Floating Garden Observatory (Umeda Sky Building) and uemda area to shop.

Day 3: Will travel to Kyoto: Kiyomizu Temple(East) and Kinkakuji(West) before returning to hotel and take a night bus to Mt Fuji Area(Kawaguchiko sta).. Need advice on how to get from OSAKA to KYOTO and Kawaguchiko sta? (any english site to book ticket in advance?) by night bus.. save cost

i am not sure if there is night bus to Kawaguchiko station....taking day train takes 4hrs...even if u change your course to Hakone..will still take 4 hours via bullet train. 12000yen which is expensive and this not even include transport cost within kawaguchiko or hakone region.

How about night bus from kyoto to Shinjuku...then buy the odakyu pass for 2 way train ride to hakone + transport pass for 2days. you can try to surf for Odakyu Hakone Pass.

Day 4: Stay one night at one of the Mt Fuji inn.. will get direction on how to travel to the 5th station at Mt Fuji from the staff there..

Not sure how to get to mt fuji 5th station..not sure if open at the end of the year... :dunno:

Day 5: From Mt Fuji to Tokyo.. checking hotel at Hatagaya(Shinjuku).Any place to visit in shinjuku? like shopping or etc..

Metropolitian towers..go up to 40++th floor to have a bird eye view of Tokyo City. Imperial garden, shopping at Keio Plaza (also got blue label, black label and fancl). Kabuki street for cute cute Sanrio Gift Gate for kitty fans....

Day 6: 1 day @ Disney land/sea or Sanio land..

Day 7: Go shopping ard at GINZA(blue label), tokyo tower, Shinbuya, Harakjuku(100 yen shop).. any other things to do there?

morning start at harajuku - takeshi dori shopping street, 7 storey DAISO 100yen shop, Kitty Land, Commes De Garcon, ..(not visiting meiji shrine?),...shop shop..then shibuya (disneystore, uniqlo, Tokyohands)...ginza (super exp..all high end brand) ....and end at roppongi (pubs, restaurant) for tokyo tower

SHOP until boutique & mall close before u proceed to eat dinner..or else...once u eat finish your dinner...the shops all close loh......(must shop quick quick cos shop close at 730pm to 8pm)...

Day 8: Sumida cruise ride to Asakusa and Sensoji temple... how to get to the pier to take the boat ride?? back to hotel and return to NARita airport.. and home..

u taking limo bus? narita express? never take cruise before...but i know can start from asakusa

sensoji temple takes about 2.5hrs...the long long nakamise shopping street...and the temple itself..and the surrounding shops! not sure u can finish in time....

there is a very nice tempura don restaurant called (pls direct translate to chinese)--> Big Black House ..Da Hei Jia....