Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enz

Fs Advice Needed For Layout

Hi Mr Chong,

Hope that you can give me some FS advice on my house layout.

Step 1: Go to your main door, standing in-line with the door frame looking out, take a compass reading (use a good engineer compass). 0 deg N

Take 3 steps back and take another reading. 0 deg N

Step 2: Go to the side of your house with the most windows and take a reading. 180 deg S

Step 3: Stand in the centre of your house and take another reading. 50 deg NE

floorplanpj4.th.jpg

I forgot to take pics of my corridor. Basically, My main door is facing a wall and on the right is the HDB ledge and on my left is the common staircase. If you need the pics , i will post them later.

Pic of my main window

img5165lf6.th.jpg

Pic of main door

img5166ig5.th.jpg

View outside the main living room window

image045sf9.th.jpg

Looking at our layout, do you think there is anything that we need to change/shift/add on? Is the position of our bed favorable? There is a beam above the bed at that location, however, i would prefer the bed to be located there as it seems more balanced overall. Please advise me regarding this. I was wondering if the positions of the stove, fridge, washing machine and sink are good ? The stove and sink are in the existing locations, however, i think we can still move the fridge and washing machine.

One last thing, can you give us a good date to hold our Chinese customary dinner? We are thinking about late next year around Oct, Nov or Dec 2009. Can you advise us on a good date around that time?

Female: 24 nov 1983

Male: 29 May 1981

Thanks so much for your help.

Edited by Mr Chong

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Mr Chong,

Hope that you can give me some FS advice on my house layout.

Step 1: Go to your main door, standing in-line with the door frame looking out, take a compass reading (use a good engineer compass). 0 deg N

Take 3 steps back and take another reading. 0 deg N

Step 2: Go to the side of your house with the most windows and take a reading. 180 deg S

Step 3: Stand in the centre of your house and take another reading. 50 deg NE

Hello

Stand outside your main door, take a reading again.

I forgot to take pics of my corridor. Basically, My main door is facing a wall and on the right is the HDB ledge and on my left is the common staircase. If you need the pics , i will post them later.

Yes, post it.

Looking at our layout, do you think there is anything that we need to change/shift/add on? Is the position of our bed favorable? There is a beam above the bed at that location, however, i would prefer the bed to be located there as it seems more balanced overall. Please advise me regarding this.

Need to confirm your compass reading before further comments.

If you prefer the bed to be at that location, try shift it out of the way of the beam if its near to the wall. If the bed has to be shifted too far out, try to get the contractor to design a thicker headboard or one that flush to the ceiling. when sleeping, do not expose to beams.

I was wondering if the positions of the stove, fridge, washing machine and sink are good ? The stove and sink are in the existing locations, however, i think we can still move the fridge and washing machine.

Your stove is fixed there already?

One last thing, can you give us a good date to hold our Chinese customary dinner? We are thinking about late next year around Oct, Nov or Dec 2009. Can you advise us on a good date around that time?

Use 26 Nov 09

Hello

Stand outside your main door, take a reading again.

Yes, post it.

Pics of corridor

Right side of main door

img5258ib8.th.jpg

In front of main door

img5261pm3.th.jpg

Left side of main door

img5260dv3.th.jpg

Need to confirm your compass reading before further comments.

The reading outside my main door is 5 deg N

I realized i read the compass wrongly when i am at the midle of the house, it should be 330 deg NW.

If you prefer the bed to be at that location, try shift it out of the way of the beam if its near to the wall. If the bed has to be shifted too far out, try to get the contractor to design a thicker headboard or one that flush to the ceiling. when sleeping, do not expose to beams. Okay i just got a thick headboard. However, it is like a storage drawer as well. I will fill it up with stuff. Is that okay?

Your stove is fixed there already? It is existing, we did not knock the cabinets down as it is quite new.

Use 26 Nov 09 Thanks

Mr Chong, any advice? :unsure:

Hello

Tomorrow 12.30pm, place a row of pebbles (as many as possible) at the inner edge of your main door.

Place a high wooden shoe cabinet on the outside left of your main door or a pot of "luo han" plant shoulder height.

From the main door, create a partition somewhere in the middle of the living.

You can put things in the headboard storage but try not to open and close too often.

Hello

Tomorrow 12.30pm, place a row of pebbles (as many as possible) at the inner edge of your main door.

I just read this post. Can you give me an upcoming auspicious time to do this again? This is not permanent right?

Place a high wooden shoe cabinet on the outside left of your main door or a pot of "luo han" plant shoulder height.

What is a luo han plant?

From the main door, create a partition somewhere in the middle of the living.

You can put things in the headboard storage but try not to open and close too often.