Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aj123

Need Advise : Reflection On Mirror Not Vertically Straight

I've a full height mirror next to my dining area. I've an issue whereby the reflection are horizontally straight but vertically slanted (~5 degrees to right). Has anyone face this issue and accept it as 'way it is' ? I tried to accept it, but eventually had nightmare... its hard to accept it. :(:(:( I'm willing to just break the mirror rather than seeing a slanted reflection.

So, if you have same experience, can share how they fix your mirror? Or do they have to break it and re-install a new one? I've not take over yet... so appreciate your advises.

example :

Mirror side (reflection)

-------------

__

/ /

/ /

Object side

--------------

__

| |

| |

Will try to take picture if the above is bit unclear... :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

AFAIK, mirror is fixed in this manner: [wall][wood backing][mirror]

The wood backing is needed coz (1) mirror doesn't stick well to wall and (2) most important is that wall may not be perfectly flat. such a large piece of mirror, when stick to a non-flat surface, will lean with the shape of the surface. Thin mirror will be more flimsy than a thicker mirror. A non-flat mirror will cause a distorted image (same as those science center's funny mirrors).

Your mirror should be fixed up by glue, therefore the only way is to break it. If it's not acceptable, u should highlight this to your renovator to correct this defect.