Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Helix

~our Pigsty~

Hee, I also think it's taking a bit too long. But well, the reno is very nice! I like ur dry and wet kitchen. So envy you, that your kitchen can have this. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone, well we did tell him we're in no rush to move, and we are perfectly fine with letting them do at their own pace. only thing we hope for is that workmanship is good enough we'd be pleased, and that there aren't any kok ups. of course unfortunately in real life, things aren't as such la. anyway this was taken last week. apologise that i haven't managed to get more pics but cos my place is REALLY small, there isn't much that i left out :(

will show you a pic of the bedroom and toilets when i get to find some angle that i can shoot from. goodness, haha it's too small for me to fit my camera and take a decent pic to show the layout! i'll try!

My furniture would mostly be in this saturday, i'm just praying hard that my glass sliding doors and all the messier things would be completed by then. cos most of my furniture are in white. don't want them dirtied before i even start using them! =)

will update soon!

Helix

Well done!! Lovely place! A few questions:

1)where did you get the beautiful living room lamp & how much? is that bright enough on its own or do you need spot lights?

2)how much did you pay for your reno?

i have gotten a quote for my 3-room flat and it works out to $19000+, considering i am NOT changing floor tiles, and NOT changing kitchen wall tiles. my reno is basic basic basic - no decor or feature wall type whatsoever!

Edited by Honeygal

Hi everyone, well we did tell him we're in no rush to move, and we are perfectly fine with letting them do at their own pace. only thing we hope for is that workmanship is good enough we'd be pleased, and that there aren't any kok ups. of course unfortunately in real life, things aren't as such la. anyway this was taken last week. apologise that i haven't managed to get more pics but cos my place is REALLY small, there isn't much that i left out :(

will show you a pic of the bedroom and toilets when i get to find some angle that i can shoot from. goodness, haha it's too small for me to fit my camera and take a decent pic to show the layout! i'll try!

My furniture would mostly be in this saturday, i'm just praying hard that my glass sliding doors and all the messier things would be completed by then. cos most of my furniture are in white. don't want them dirtied before i even start using them! =)

will update soon!

Wow!! furniture going to be in already?

Well since you did tell him that you're not in a rush.. then the delay cannot be helped. But I do hope that his workmanship is up to your standard. :)

Do take photos of them!!!

Helix

Well done!! Lovely place! A few questions:

1)where did you get the beautiful living room lamp & how much? is that bright enough on its own or do you need spot lights?

2)how much did you pay for your reno?

i have gotten a quote for my 3-room flat and it works out to $19000+, considering i am NOT changing floor tiles, and NOT changing kitchen wall tiles. my reno is basic basic basic - no decor or feature wall type whatsoever!

mm $19k for a 3 room that is not going to change floor tiles and wall tiles... is really hefty. mine is a 5 room and I'm overhauling everything... and mine's 23k. You really need to check that. Get more quotations!!! :) PM me if you want to try mine. :)

Hi pinkpetter,

yepyep my furniture's expected to be in tomorrow!!! gosh.. they haven't even acid wash the floor yet. ID said they'd do it on sat morn. i hope nothing clashes man!! cos we arranged for TONS of things to be delivered tomorrow..

Unfortunately guess it's unrealistic to expect 100% satisfaction right from the start. Even though i do feel we've been real understanding and easygoing throughout, there're a few things we're not too satisfied about, we've highlighted to the ID, so i'll keep my fingers crossed that everything'd be rectified by the end of this whole journey!

Hi Honeygal,

think price wise, my reno's really not a gd comparison as:

1) i do feel we've been charged on the high side after looking through the forums. But we've signed and we're comfortable with our ID, and so i'm just hoping he'd be a bit understanding when we finalise our total bill and hopefully he could bring our price down some.. :(

2) mine's a really old flat, and i pulled out everything and had to overhaul tons of stuff like electrical, plumbing, tiles, etcetc and add on the hacking costs and replastering.......

........you get the picture.. so yeah i'd be glad to pay MY ID $19k!!!! haha :deal:

Guess my advice to you would be to look through each item, and if you feel each item is necessary, and the price for each item i reasonable, guess you have to accept the final amount, hopefully with a bit of discount. Ultimately they're also making a living, and that means they need to make some money somewhere too. if they charge you at cost for everything, 'today you come, tomorrow i close down' as russell peters said. :dunno:

oops forgot to say, my light was purchased at Singapore Lighting (think that's the name, will go check my invoice when i'm home) it's still wrapped up so will show u the final pic after sat's stuff are in. but i'm using it as a dining light, not my living room. it's bright enough, but HB n i prefer white lights so if it's for our reading, that's definitely a FAIL. however it's sufficient for that part of my house, and no, my only spotlight is for the altar. we didn't install extra lights there. it's bright enough. (NOTE: my house is reallllll small!!) =)

(p.s. anyone has built in oven? mind taking a look at post #26 and letting me know what you think pls? thanks!!)

Edited by Helix

Hi pinkpetter,

yepyep my furniture's expected to be in tomorrow!!! gosh.. they haven't even acid wash the floor yet. ID said they'd do it on sat morn. i hope nothing clashes man!! cos we arranged for TONS of things to be delivered tomorrow..

Unfortunately guess it's unrealistic to expect 100% satisfaction right from the start. Even though i do feel we've been real understanding and easygoing throughout, there're a few things we're not too satisfied about, we've highlighted to the ID, so i'll keep my fingers crossed that everything'd be rectified by the end of this whole journey!

Hi Helix!! true true... 100% satisfaction and totally smooth going isn't possible. But as long as the ID is willing to communicate and is helpful I think it's considered a good reno exp already. :)

Oh no... acid wash and furniture coming in on the same day?? so scary! haha but I'm sure the workers wun be silly. Looking forward to seeing all your photos!!!

For your oven queries, wouldn't it be easiest to check with the shop where you bought the oven from?

Im sure that other than delivering, they do installation unless their display model does not have any screw on.

For your oven queries, wouldn't it be easiest to check with the shop where you bought the oven from?

Im sure that other than delivering, they do installation unless their display model does not have any screw on.

Hi BunBun, thanks for your reply. Well, i was worried earlier cos it said to do so in the manual (i'm the odd sort that gets a kick out of reading instruction manuals) but i was prepared to accept if it's not always done so in practice, hence i though to ask around before confirming with the ID. But now it will be fixed in place so that's one qn answered! =)

I'm feeling real bad cos all my stuff have been delivered to my place but the folks still need to do some final works on both the walls and floor. and all my stuff are in everyone's way! haiya.. i prob should have delayed another week. Oni cos i was worried the 27th Dec weekend would be difficult the stores would probably be very shorthanded for deliveries. Now the poor pple have to 'obstacle course' around the furniture, and shift things out of their way. >.<

Anyway, guess tomorrow's cleanup day for us! I'm hoping to go there and clean up the interior of the cabinets etc. Another week of eager anticipation! :dribble::dribble:

Glad to see that your qn has been settled. Hmm, acid washing will definitely affect the furniture which would have been alot better if the furniture was delayed by a few days after the acid washing. But since the workers will be shifting the furniture first before doing any work, it is best to have some protection for the furniture also + you can treat the workers some kopi for their hard work also. :)